Amazon Prime

California has the highest rate of poverty.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by I invented that, Nov 19, 2012.

1. I invented that

I invented that VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
  2. shitcunt

shitcunt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Obviously it is Bush and Schwarzenegger's fault.

3. Bro

Bro Namaste Gold

Reputations:
    I'm sure the wealthy are doing quite well. They won't even leave when the Bush tax cuts expire. They threaten to but they won't.

4. I invented that

Reputations:
    the wealthy always have money, that's why they're called wealthy:facepalm:

5. SiriusDawg

SiriusDawg New Member

Reputations:
    Is this where you mock people for blaming Bush then blame the entire world and its history/future on Obama?

6. whatsit

whatsit Dawg Lover VIP

Reputations:
  7. I invented that

Reputations:
    Yup get used to it. We stole your playbook nancy.

8. SiriusDawg

SiriusDawg New Member

Reputations:
    Well, you wrote the book.

9. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    that's retarded, but at least you are honest :)

10. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    in fairness to him, there were a ton of dems who illogically hated bush no matter what he did, even when he did very liberal things, which was most of the time.
    the #1 thing they hated him for was the war, but all the tops dems voted for it too. not only did they get a pass, but they got supported. makes no sense, because without those dem votes, there is no war.

tho his theory of "others were retarded so i want to be just like them" is retarded

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  11. RiotGrip

RiotGrip New Member

Reputations:
    Hillary Clinton likely lost the 2008 democratic primary because of her vote for the Iraq war. If she was against it from the get go Obama would have never been able to draw the initial support he did(maybe he could have won in 2016 if he stayed in senate and actually sponsored some popular bills). He was the only candidate at that point who could say he was against the war from the onset(I know quite well that he never had to cast a vote), and that probably helped him win the Iowa primary. I wouldn't say Dems got a pass if they voted yes on Iraq, and if nothing else all politicians should vote their conscience when deciding whether it is appropriate to enter into a war of aggression in the future.

12. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    kerry was for it and got the nomination. edwards his VP was for it too.
    biden VP was for it. and obama was talking pro war(afghan, paki) in the campaign anyways. so o i doubt her war vote mattered. tho i agree she's as big a war hawk as any republican. not sure how the clinton machine lost. could be.
    the sad part is, most of those dems weren't really for it, but they thought they would be voted out if they stood up for what they believe, as it was widely viewed an unamerican at the time.
    so i blame those dems more than i do bush, who i feel honestly thought he was doing the right thing. as misguided as it was

13. I invented that

Reputations:
    Isn't hindsight wonderful.

14. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    i said it at the time.
    i watched that iraq war vote live (as i do most congressional debates/hearings).
    one of the few conservatives, the great dr paul, stood up against it.
    you liberals wanting to liberate people is a sweet gesture, but don't take the resources away from fighting our enemies. and don't do it with my tax money. the military is for crushing enemies, not helping people.
    bush SR knew how to fight a war.

15. whatsit

whatsit Dawg Lover VIP

Reputations:
    I have to agree with you there.

16. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    not sure how good that statistic is since in Calif every actor is unemployed until they get a part. and once the role is done they are immediately unemployed again. it artificially inflates the "poor" section of the state.

17. I invented that

Reputations:
    Brilliant observation. When you have a job you're employed, when you don't have a job you're unemployed. Do i have that right?

18. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    obviously from the tone of your response you're immature as well as clueless so I'll explain in baby-talk just for you.

the entertainment industry in calif is mostly piecemeal employment. most entertainers are permanently unemployed, with the occasional flat rate job here and there. that they are recorded as consistently unemployed artificially inflates the stats.

let us know if that was still too complex for you. i might be able to restate it in one syllable words if necessary.

19. RiotGrip

RiotGrip New Member

Reputations:
    Well this is true, but there are a couple points to consider.
    1. The only dem who voted against the iraq war in the 2004 primary was Dennis Kucinich, He just didn't have the star power necessary to smell the nomination.
    2. In wasn't till mid 2004 when most citizens started to oppose the iraq war. From 9/11/2001 to sometime in late 2003 any criticism of anything Bush Jr. did in regards to national security was portrayed as practically treason by the media. MSNBC actually cancelled their highest rated show at the time Phil Donahue because he was publicly against the war. The Dixie Chicks were also publicly scorned because they opposed the war. So tensions were really high in 2003 for politicians to support the war, they played politics and it did bite them in the ass later.
    3. By 2007-2008 in the democratic primary many people were fed up with iraq and I stand by my statement that I believe Hillary's pro-iraq vote was at least part of how Obama beat her. Before he had the Rock star image in the democratic party, his public opposition of iraq in 2002 and 2003 was how he primarily differentiated himself from Hillary.

Obviously all my opinion, but I have recollection of Obama's early campaigning specifically delineating this difference between him and Hillary. :wigtip:

20. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    it's sad that star power is a factor.
    i guess you are right, just odd anit-war folks would have choose either of them. because he did make it clear he would ramp up the afghan war, and start a pakistan war.
    though maybe he didn't highlight that until after the primaries, i cant recall the timing.
    i also still can't understand why the pro-war bush folks aren't cheering his war efforts. i guess kerry isn't the only one who was for it before he was against it. :p