Called and canceled today...interesting comment from customer service..

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by AxlCorey, Mar 20, 2012.

1. AxlCorey

AxlCorey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So I called to cancel for the second time today, the first time I was given two free months...anyway the woman on the other end asked why I wanted to cancel; I explained that I subscribed and pay to listen to Howard Stern LIVE. I've heard the replays a million times and Howard is rarely on live anymore. She said something like, "what about the music channels, politics or other talk shows." I explained all that's great but I wouldn't pay for it...I would only pay for Howard. She said, "Well that's funny, I've never had someone say they're canceling because Howard isn't on, I guess even Howard has a fanclub." That cracked me up for some reason.

2. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I called last week to cancel for the second time. The first time I was given 6 months free. Maybe I got 6 months free was because I told the rep that Howard said he pisses on me & to call up & cancel.
    Anyway, my free 6 months was up, so I called to cancel & I said that I was unhappy that Howard only works 2x a week. The reps said I understand how I feel & I was given 5 months for $30 (with internet). So I'm still on for 5 more months.
    I guess it depends what rep you get.

3. Willowglen

Willowglen Lookin thru the glass ceiling & up Stephs skirt VIP

Reputations:
    Did she also tell you it was her first day? Because if its wasnt then shes lying. When I cancelled and told them it was because of Howard's lazyness the rep spent a good deal of time asking me questions that sounded like they were right off a checksheet they were assembling for the lawsuit prep.

4. AxlCorey

Reputations:
    I didn't ask, but I was assuming she was new. I did not get the list of questions.

The first time I tried to cancel I got several options with varying discounts. I think I could have gotten 8 months for something like $6 a month. I decided though that I'm not paying another cent no matter what the discount on principal. When I talked to the broad today she read back my history and noticed I already had a previous discount...although I am a little surprised I didn't get some kind of secondary offer.

5. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Did you sound angry enough? You have to sound angry.

6. sludge

sludge New Member

Reputations:

I canceled the day he said he would piss on his fans too.
    I got a new car a couple months before that and that day I was actually planning on buying another Sirius unit and having it installed in my new car.
    Then I heard Dina (I still remember her name) call up and give Howard shit about the American Idol talk that had been driving me crazy for months at that point.
    When Howard freaked out and said he would piss on his fans, that was the final straw. I decided not to buy another unit and canceled my account.
    They threw a bunch of offers at me, but I didn't want to buy another unit and I wanted to make my point.
    I still download the show, and I actually still pay for Howard TV in case there is something I really want to see.

7. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I would love to know how many people called into cancel when he said that. I wonder if Mel is using that for the lawsuit.

8. AxlCorey

Reputations:
    Nope, I don't care enough at this point. I went from a fanatical listener/fan in the mid to late 90's to really not giving a shit if I hear the show on a daily basis anymore. Howard gave up...I gave up.

9. sludge

sludge New Member

Reputations:
    I don't know if it proves their point about that particular lawsuit, but I bet they used it as an example of why they shouldn't pay him $100mil on this contract.

10. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    I didn't get any special offers... but I am glad I cancelled.

11. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    They're pretty good about asking why you want to cancel, at least with my experience...I've tried to cancel a few times and got 6 months free and then some cheap deal which was well worth paying for. I listen to Sirius constantly, so its worth it to me to have it, but I have bitched about Howard (along with alot of other people) so it leads me to believe that they track all of the complaints....

12. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    I hope tens of thousands of subscribers cancel and give the reason that the show has gone downhill.

13. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    After I cancelled I got the Sirius questionnaire emailed to me. I let them know exactly why I left and that it was Howie going into the shitter and telling us he'll piss on us. THey still email me twice a month with great deals if i would come back. Not happening....

14. monsoon

monsoon Who are you with?

Reputations:
    I cancelled and complained about Howard not doing shows. I got my sub for $3 a month for 6 months..
    Worth it for Jay and the heavy metal station. I guess. Riley's worth $3.

Fuck Mutt........................NAZI

15. droops42

droops42 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Called to transfer service from one work truck to another. They wanted to charge me a $15 activation fee so I told them to cancel it. She put me on hold and after awhile she came back and said they would only charge me $10. Well I hung up and maybe I can get another rep tomorrow and get free activation.

16. SloppyWetPussy

SloppyWetPussy New Member

Reputations:
    I called to cancel telling them the app never worked. When I called to cancel and requested they just not renew the service, to let it continue through until my subscription ran out (another month or so) the customer service rep told me it was phone company and I should try calling them. Yeah ok, it's the phone service and not the app which works sporadically but every other app seems to function just fine. No fancy offers not only did she cancel my service right on the spot even though I asked her to let it lapse, I also got a $20 refund for the time remaining.

Today I received an offer in the mail with the 6 months of 25 dollars deal. Too little, too late and it's overpriced.

17. sludge

sludge New Member

Reputations:
    I get a couple of those every month.
    It's not a bad deal and I might consider it just to cancel and blame Howard again in 6 months.

I wonder how Sirius would handle it if everyone who canceled, blamed it on Beth's influence.

18. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    it took you this long to cancel?
    they tried to sucker with with deals too, I said NO your getting another penny from me..
    howard has said he pisses on his fans...and considering his past actions he pisses on his employers too.
    How long before howard has to refer to AGT as ut huh huh?

19. wife is a whore

wife is a whore Stripped of POTY for butthurting staff VIP

Reputations:
    Siruis' service is OK, but not worth the money, w/o a good Stern Show, and that aint happening. I streamed the KOAB/Beth bad mouth show, first time I listened in a couple months. It will probably be a few more months.

20. BrerJimmy

BrerJimmy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The funny thing is, if Howard wasn't associated with Sirius, I would totally subscribe for the music and comedy. Unfortunately, with no other outlet to voice my continual displeasure with the direction of the show, I felt compelled to cancel. It's ironic that the reason I first subscribed ultimately became the reason I left.

...and who would have thought. It figgggguuuuuresss...