Caller: "Howard why don't you have guests from shows like Homeland on?"

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Phantom Lord, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Phantom Lord

Phantom Lord Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Caller Jess today I thought hit on topic that Howard struggles with, "Howard you love all of these show like Homeland and Banshee, why don't you ever have guests from those types of shows on?"

Howard's first response, "It's all about availabilty."

Howard's second response, "I look at a lot of the ratings for those shows and don't think they are mainstream enough for my audience." FYI, the shows he is talking about are shows not on major networks like The Walking Dead, True Blood, Homeland, Boardwalk Empire, American Horror Story, Newsroom, Dexter, etc. Because those shows don't get good ratings :rolleye:

Instead of actors on some of the shows I listed he thinks his audience would rather hear Sharon Osbourne, Tan Mom, Bobo, Psych, Eli, Maryanne from Brooklyn, Wolfie, constant Birthday show talk, AGT, Lisa Lampaneli, Jimmy Kimmel party discussion, North Shore Animal league, more AGT, goofing on C level staff members, George Takei's gay sex, John Stamos , Ralph, his weight, how Scott The Engineer fucks up, how JD can't talk, and finally how the only people allowed on the air are those that kiss his ass and say how great he, Beth, and AGT are.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  2. FSFN

FSFN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You still listen?

3. GaryPuppet

GaryPuppet Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :rah:

4. datchguy

datchguy New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Boff I gueth they cant come on cuz they neva called me back!

5. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "Well Robin, Homeland tries to target the 18-49 crowd so they don't think this show is the right platform to attract their target audience because our audience is older." - What Howard said if he ever spoke the truth.

6. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Claire Danes on Letterman this fall:

[video=youtube;F9CaUuXf-xY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=F9CaUuXf-xY[/video]

Mandy Patinkin teaching Jimmy Fallon to play Candy Crush a month ago on his show:

[video=youtube;7ZMz7Qr-NjE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZMz7Qr-NjE[/video]

Damien Lewis on Fallon a month ago

[video=youtube;-5cfuCfO7L4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5cfuCfO7L4[/video]

But Howard is a lot more mainstream than Letterman or Fallon.

7. datchguy

Reputations:
    Goddamn Claire is still looking good. I'd love to have her gimme a monkey wrench. :D

8. Jack Straw

Jack Straw Member

Reputations:
    It's simple. More guests = more work for Howard and crew.

9. markluke

markluke Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "Who Robin? Never heard of them, they can't be any good. Too much to do today, Bobo, you're on the air"

10. The Booey

The Booey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard stopped being relevant the moment he disappeared behind Sirius's paywall.

11. zerokarma

zerokarma Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard has been out of touch for years, he has no clue what is relevant or mainstream.

12. Boomer

Boomer Who is your daddy and what does he do?

Reputations:
    Bahaha I read this in his voice.

13. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard was scrambling for an answer and his explanations were ridiculous. Most of those shows get huge ratings and have big stars in the cast. If they're not suitable for his audience why does he talk about them all the time? Damien Lewis (Brody on Homeland) was even a guest on Geek Time but Howard can't get him.

14. datchguy

Reputations:
    Geektime had a few big names, wasn't the lead writer or series creator for Breaking Bad on? :facepalm:

15. Phantom Lord

Phantom Lord Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I agree and think its about Gary not being able to book these guests. Case in point, they bugged Howard for years to get Brian Cranston on. Breaking Bad is a huge show and they finally get him on towards the end. It is actually a good interview, only once Howard watched the whole series. There is no way he would turn down Claire Danes, Anna Paquin, Andrew Lincoln, and a ton of other stars on HBO, AMC, Cinemax, etc. He should just be honest and say, "I love those shows and love those actors, but they don't like me and don't want to do my show."

16. cheezedbyfate

cheezedbyfate Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    how far into 2014 will we be before joan rivers is on?....i'm setting the line at jan 22nd....

17. Crazy Marcus

Crazy Marcus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    most of those shows on cable networks have under 3 million viewers a week so howard isn't wrong in saying that they don't have huge audiences. walking dead is obviously a huge success but banshee gets under 500k viewers when it airs. howard also struggles with remembering plot details and character names so it's not like most of the interviews would be good. unless it is someone who is really out spoken like kurt sutter tv related interviews wouldn't be very good.

18. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    To be fair to Howard, Artie has these guests on nonstop because Direct Tv mandates his guests and its horrible. But actors from Homeland, Brraking Bad are different. He's had the writer of SoA on but maybe its because he knows him and is hoping to work with him. I think he picks his guests first for what they can do for him and his interest which is fine. The repeat guest like Joan and Governor Minnesota are annoying though.

19. FCCstandards

FCCstandards Non-Essential Salooner VIP

Reputations:
    Jon bernthal (Shane) and several others from the walking dead, actors as well as writers, have been on Geektime. Bernthal is a huge Howard fan as well. The show gets 10 mil viewers

20. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    That was a horrible excuse by Howard. Part of being a mainstream actor is doing tons of media promotion, the SiriusXM building is always crawling with celebrities plugging their projects but nobody really wants to do his show.