Can Howard and the "Crack" News Team be Sued for Defamation of Judge's Character?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by illini fan, Apr 23, 2012.

1. illini fan

illini fan New Member VIP

Reputations:
    There is no doubt that the castrated one has ordered that shitty so-called news team of his to do research to discover and broadcast anything negative about Judge Barbara Kapnick including anything she may have said about the castrated one and his shitty show..

Isn't this illegal??? I'm not a lawyer, isn't there a law against defaming a judge if you lose a lawsuit???

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  2. BudBudha

BudBudha Male Underwear Model

Reputations:
    I'm not a lawyer either but the news team shouldn't go there but probably will because what else is there to do? If they do uncover some dirt, although castrated, it's in Sterns nature to attack and he will.

You know any other judge will shit on Stern because you attack one, you attack them all. I'm still laughing at his pathetic, incoherent rant last Wednesday.
    :artiejj:

3. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Nothing illegal as long as it's true and non-threatening, but it is certainly classless to try and defame a Federal judge doing her job and it won't sit well with the appeals judges if they get word of it.

4. BudBudha

BudBudha Male Underwear Model

Reputations:
    IF didn't that gal in your av get big after her track career?

5. illini fan

Reputations:
    yes she did...but I am remembering the good times
    [​IMG]

6. Afganistand

Afganistand Motivationally Deficient VIP

Reputations:
    Be funny if she ordered Howard into her courtroom to explain his on air statements to her.

7. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    How great would it be if she ends up suing Howard for his entire fortune and wins.

8. yippeekyaa

yippeekyaa Moved forward. VIP

Reputations:
    Judges are like gangs. Attack one gang member and they join up and destroy you.

9. illini fan

Reputations:
    So his chances (if there were any) of getting the decision overturned on appeal are getting slimmer the more Howard keeps slamming her...

...way to go douchebag..Getting great legal advice again....

:jj:

10. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    I agree, he attacks a judge's character, reputation or ability and he'll never win another lawsuit in his lifetime (and you know there will be several coming up against the producers of AGT and NBC for starters).

11. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    Defamation has different categories. Example, a public person has a higher bar to jump to prove libel or slander than a private person. Then there are "limited purpose public persons" where a person puts himself into a public controversy. The judge is a public person. If you really are curious about this stuff, the case that set precedent was NYT v Sullivan from the 60's. Bottom line, the judge is not going to sue.

Besides, the judge knows Howard will get his. His appeal will be denied, he will get in another suit over attorney's fees, and future judges will not be sympathetic to Howie.

12. illini fan

Reputations:
    Thanks...Again Howard is sticking is own fucking foot in his mouth and getting great legal advice about keeping his trap shut...

:jj:

13. illini fan

Reputations:
    But Howard is treading on thin ice by publicly making unfounded allegations against her ("She doesn't like me" "She's holding a grudge against me") for the reasons he lost his lawsuit...

...I'm sure these statements are killing his chances of appeal (If there were any chance on the first place)

14. qb123

qb123 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Im shocked Howard hasnt been sued over his "news team" which is nothing more than his personal defamation squad he unleashes on people who cross him who than air unsubstantiated secondhand rumors as matter of facts.

15. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    What I love is Howard saying his attorneys are telling him to appeal as if that means the judge is necessarily wrong. What's next? Howard telling us a car salesman telling him he needs a new car is evidence he needs a new car?

Howie saying she barely read the case is horseshit and he knows it. First, the judge has clerks reading over stuff, reading cases, etc. And it being Stern, the judge probably spent more time on the case because Stern has big money and some notoriety. Because of this, the judge likely was more careful.

And then Howard says he's the little guy here. . . . ha ha ha!

Moreover, Howard bitches about being told he was going to be a partner. Yup, and if he still owns Sirius stock, he still is a partner. He can vote his shares.

I'm amazed at Howard's ego here. He truly believes he is the ONLY reason Sirius and XM merged (it was a merger, not a takeover).

It wasn't the fact that two paid radio companies were competing over the same pie but were having to each independently bear costs such as talent and launching satellites.

Nope, it had nothing to do with economies of scale making sense. Nope, it was ALL Howard. He's out of his fucking mind.

16. illini fan

Reputations:
    Well, what his attorneys have actually told him and what he says on the air are two different matters.. I'm sure the attorneys told him its pretty much a lost cause...But Howard always has to spin everything told him in his favor...

I always find it amusing that Sirius was minutes away from declaring bankruptcy before John Malone bailed the company out with $500 million...If Sirius declared bankruptcy, Howard's contract would have been reduced substantially.

Howard never mentions that...douchebag

17. Big Biscuit

Big Biscuit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's so amusing how this is eating him up......I mean, who does he think his intended audience is for the mindless rants of the rich and clueless? I would hazard a guess that he doesn't need to win support from Maryanne or Bobo.

He truly is pissing on the fans in the most cynical way.....it seems like the SIRIUS move was a easy money grab for him and he and Buchwlad played a struggling industry like a violin to set KOAM up for life. I think that he truly believed his contract was iron-clad and the bonus money has already been figured into his financial future. He was counting on that money!

18. Pukyak Lover

Pukyak Lover New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    What name does the judge post under on this site or sfn? BenBas?

19. wife is a whore

wife is a whore Stripped of POTY for butthurting staff VIP

Reputations:
    I love the fact that he helped create the merger, and the merger took away any leverage he had in negotiating a new contract.

20. YokoOhNo

YokoOhNo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    if charles manson came out and said he hated his judge and thought the guy was a douche, most reasonable people would then tend to believe the exact opposite. howard stern is hated by as many people as manson so i think any negativity will backfire.