Can we have a "Win Richards and Sals job contest"

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Hateman, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Hateman

Hateman Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I honestly don't understand what purpose the serve anymore. The past year alone I can't remember one big funny moment. They don't do gay bits anymore, same tradio shit over and over, and Sal shut up about his marriage problems. Richard looks scary now a days with all that weight he lost.

Time to get some new blood on the show.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  2. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    from a fan perspective, no one on the show serves thier purpose.

from howards perspective, evryone going thru the motions serves the purpose of meeting howards minimum contractual obligations to keep the marble factory open

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  3. Hateman

Hateman Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:

4. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Oh I hate how he's limited them. During Win John's Job those guys went gangbusters. Before then I never had ANY respect for Sal or his comedic abilities, but he just killed and worked his ass off.

The early years were filled with great stuff. Contests and bits and interviews and stunts.

But you're right, they don't do anything but fake phony call after fake phony phone call after fake phony phone call, and lately all of them to TRADIO AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN.

It's not their fault of course -- it's all Howard will let them do anymore! He was audibly chuckling through their latest repetitive call to a Swap Shop this week. I think he honestly likes hearing that same bit time after time after time with only minor variation in the host they're calling and the exact dumbass name they choose to call themselves....

He actually said something to the effect that he never gets tired of Tradio calls! Arrrghhhhh.....

5. Shvoogie Button

Shvoogie Button Member

Reputations:
    For four years it was pizzerias.... now it's been five years of calling tradio/swap-shop shows....

IS THERE NO CREATIVITY????

Since Sal and Richard can't come up with new ideas..... and since Howard won't fire anybody..... Tim Sabean needs to just hire 2 comedy writers to put that show back on track.

Non-Howard Items that are old & boring & trite

Robin Songs
    Pizzeria phone calls
    Tradio/ swap shop phone calls
    Asking people at parades the same exact questions every year
    The games are no longer creative (basically same game... What will (insert wack packer or weird guest) answer to this simple question?)

And....
    No original segments/bits? (think Black Jeopardy)
    No scripted spoofs? (Think Homocop or Roman Polanski Day Care)

This was a problem created by man, so it can be fixed by man. That man is Mr. Tim Sabean. Tim, we love the show, please please please try to restore it to greatness...

bzzzzzz

6. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    I am of course with you on this, but where did you get the idea that useless old Tim Sabean has the ability, incentive, inclination, talent, or power to do any of that? He's a figurehead, bookkeeper, and fall guy, that's all.

It has to come from Howard. It hasn't. And it won't. And I will probably keep listening to the bitter fucking end.

7. gilaet

gilaet Xanax Service Dog Staff Member

Reputations:
    Wolfie has been gunning for their jobs for a few years.

8. Shvoogie Button

Shvoogie Button Member

Reputations:
    Have we even heard from Wolfie in months???

He did a few correspondent pieces for free and they never even really got played....

9. Shvoogie Button

Shvoogie Button Member

Reputations:
    I think Tim Sabean could initiate it and pull it off....

he just needs to make the case that Howard's leaving in a few years and he needs to season some writers for radio sans Stern....

10. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Huh? What makes you think he will have a job when Howard leaves? Isn't he responsible only for 100 and 101? And aren't those two channels a barren wasteland with only the fading dusty gray Manor of Stern in the middle of the dirt fields?

I'm not just being argumentative, I really don't see what value or power that Tim has. The "channels" are a joke. Why would Sirius even think of keeping him around, let alone listening to his opinion on radio?

11. Halloween

Halloween Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I agree their recent work has been horrible. I also think there's two factors crippling their "comedy" nowadays. One is the lack of Artie. I remember some of their older pranks that were so-so. Not out of the park, but just ok. Sometimes it would hit Artie the right way and he'd start dying from laughter and the rest of the studio would join in. The other factor is that the monkey is pretty much off limits now. I loved it when Sal would barge into Gary's office and humiliate him in front of the back office. Now Gary can't be goofed on, and in the rare occasion that he does, he flips his shit.

12. gilaet

gilaet Xanax Service Dog Staff Member

Reputations:
    Tim Sabean's lips are firmly attached to Scott Greenstein's ballbag.
    I'm confident he'll end up in another job there that consists of a nice sounding title with menial tasks.

13. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    Fire them both, because Howard needs an upgrade to two guys with girthy beer can cocks to whip out at a moments notice. Not an anteaters like Sal's.

14. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Howard loves Tradio because it gives him a chance to feel superior to the dj's on those shows, he loves to think that their lives are miserable and he succeeded while they failed. It's all about his ego.

15. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    the show has evolved there is no funny allowed.

16. Shvoogie Button

Shvoogie Button Member

Reputations:
    I think the Howard channels will be populated with Howard re-runs etc for at least a few years after Howard retires.... SiriusXM NEEDS content. They're also probably hoping to have Howard-esque programming in place for when he moves on.... e.g. Abe Kanan. (btw Abe Kanan show is harrrrrible)

So again... Mr. Tim Sabean, you probably can't fire anyone... but you can definitely hire some new folks i.e. comedy writers.

17. skytzoboy

skytzoboy not a fuck to give

Reputations:
    This. And, there are no extra marbles for new blood anyway.

18. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    I've always wondered about that, everyone else that I know that has satelite radio only listens to music, they couldn't care less about any of the talk aspects of it other than if they want to hear sports when they are on the road. I think we may be the minority as far as caring about talk programming.

19. Wonder Trash

Wonder Trash Active Member

Reputations:
    Wolfie must have smartened up and stopped giving the show free content.

20. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    Feh, effort and creativity are for those lowlifes who have to deal with ratings, not for the "evolved".