News Can We Have Some Applause for this 11-Year Old

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Horse Be Gone, May 1, 2016.

1. Horse Be Gone

Horse Be Gone VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    http://nypost.com/2016/05/01/11-year-old-boy-makes-home-invader-cry-like-a-baby/

An Alabama burglar was no match for the country’s toughest 11-year-old– who shot the intruder in the leg and then mocked him for “crying like a little baby.”

Youngster Chris Gaither was just chilling at home with his dogs when he heard a suspicious noise on the second floor of his Talladega, AL, home, he told NBC affiliate WVTM-TV.

Gaither grabbed a knife and went to investigate, but when the intruder saw the blade he pulled a gun.

“He was coming down the stairs, that’s when he told me he was going to kill me, f-you and all that,” the boy told the station.

Unfazed, Gaither grabbed a nearby .9mm handgun, and threatening to kill the man if he didn’t scram.

“I guess when I pulled the gun out on him, he didn’t think it was a real gun, cause he didn’t worry about it,” the boy said. “He just kept on walking.”

Once the thief was outside, lugging a hamper full of stolen loot, the 11-year-old emptied the magazine — firing 12 shots before the intruder had even made it to the edge of the yard.

The final shot pierced the man’s leg, as he was attempting to scale the fence.

“I shot through the hamper he was carrying,” Gaither told WVTM-TV. “It was a full metal jacket bullet. It went straight through the back of his leg. He started crying like a little baby.”

The unidentified man was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Gaither described the the man as a “meth-head,” who had robbed his home before.

“I hope you learned your lesson from coming to this house trying to steal stuff,” Gaither warned.

“Be brave, you’ll be okay,” the boy continued. “Trust God.”

The eleven-year old faces no charges, as Alabama law allows for one to use deadly force in the event of unlawful entry or burglary.

2. Ingens

Ingens VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
  3. Vidiot

Vidiot Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    In most states, it's against the law to shoot even a burglar unless you're in "imminent danger of bodily harm." I once got burglarized and the bad guys ran off with a TV set of mine, and when the cops came by later after I called, I was jumping up and down and yelling "I'll kill da guy!" The cops calmed me down and said, "if you do, be sure to put a knife in the guy's hand before you call us. Otherwise, we'll have to take you in."

If the burglar is running away from your house trying to leave, you don't shoot him in the back and say it's a victory. The punishment has to fit the crime. Nobody would be applauding this kid if the robber was another kid, trying to steal food from his refrigerator.

There's a time and a place to use guns, but it can get fucked up very fast if everybody thinks they're qualified to shoot burglars and intruders when they feel like it.

JessOnCrack, cwok and XuXu like this.
  4. AllAboutHim Ed

AllAboutHim Ed #mypurpose VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

5. eliasbboy

eliasbboy Insert Witty Title Here Staff Member

Reputations:
    If your state recognizes "Castle Doctrine", and the criminal is IN your home, the legal assumption is that they are there to inflict bodily harm.

Castle Doctrine:

a person is privileged to use deadly force against anyone who unlawfully enters their home. In these states, there is no need to take the time to assess the intruder's ability to use deadly or nonlethal force.

This is specifically for someone IN your home. You are not expected, legally, to ascertain a criminals intent before protecting yourself. Think about it. You come across a burgler in the middle of the night. Are you supposed to ask "Are you here to kill me, or just take the TV? I need to figure out if I'm shooting you or scaring you." :jj:

If someone is IN your home, you have 100% legal right to defend your life. They do not need to attack you.

I've been told if you shoot them on the porch, drag em back in the house. :jj:

6. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :jj:

7. Calloused Shins

Reputations:
    Cool gif. Way to stay relevant grandma. Nice to see you back on my dick again...

8. AllAboutHim Ed

Reputations:
    Say something dangerous for us.

SouthernListen likes this.
  9. eliasbboy

Reputations:
    That's not true. 38 out of 50 states have a Castle Doctrine law for home burglaries.

The basic law states the shooter (homeowner) only needs to reasonably believe lethal force was necessary. So if the lights are on, you can clearly see the 80 year old burglar is holding a banana and nothing else, you cannot use lethal force. If it's dark and you can't tell if the burglar is 80 or 18, or if he's holding a banana or a gun, you err on the side of caution and have to assume they are armed and dangerous.

10. eliasbboy

Reputations:
    - See more at: http://source.southuniversity.edu/c...tate-to-state-46514.aspx#sthash.eBHrcXSk.dpuf

MilkyDischarge likes this.
  11. DaTenses

DaTenses Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's important to note the difference between legality and morality. You seem to equate the two with your judgment. Frankly, by neither of the criteria is it any of your business to judge.

TL;DR, go fuck yourself

SouthernListen and Trainwreckjm like this.
  12. McLennison

McLennison VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Yeah, real tough kid. See how tough he is without the gun.

XuXu likes this.
  13. eliasbboy

Reputations:
    He's actually wrong on the legal front. The large majority of states have a Castle Doctrine law on the books, and the most of those also include Stand Your Ground laws.

14. Calloused Shins

Reputations:
    The whole coasting through stop signs got to you huh?:grouch:

15. SuperFarts

SuperFarts Well-Known Member

Reputations:

The youngster's only mistake was to initially bring a knife to a gun fight. :grad:

And in the future, please use JHPs to reduce the likelihood of collateral damage.

Which is why the 30 round mag was invented.

In stressful situations, your accuracy declines substantially. In this case there was only one invader. A gang of 2 or more would have required additional rounds.

16. AllAboutHim Ed

Reputations:
    No, it's just fun to see you cry. Keep it up.

17. eliasbboy

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

18. Father O'Blivion

Father O'Blivion Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    An oldie, but a goodie...

Austinchota and Horse Be Gone like this.
  19. Calloused Shins

Reputations:
    :ltd:

20. SuperFarts

SuperFarts Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There are some states that will treat you as a criminal if you try to protect yourself. NY, NJ, CA etc.

Lets first agree that the resident did nothing to create the situation. Someone else entered their home.

The resident has no idea why this intruder/invader is in their home. Nor is it their responsibility to determine why.

Are they there to rob them, kill them, rape them or "simply steal a piece of bread because theyre starving" (as you put it).

So the resident is placed in this highly stressful situation, through no fault of their own, yet in some states, is required to act completely calm and rational...

[​IMG]