Shop Now At Amazon

can we send nick to the CBS?

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Dead Air Dave, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Dead Air Dave

Dead Air Dave Active Member

Reputations:
    His jokes are great and he's a funny guy, but he just doesn't flow well on the radio. Maybe a semester or two at the connecticut school of broadcasting will help.

2. Sponsor

Sponsor

Reputations:

Shop Now At Nordstrom
  3. CAPTAIN KIRK

CAPTAIN KIRK New Member

Reputations:
    Dave, feel free to jump in the official listening thread ..u can air ur grievances there ..

4. Ipokesmot

Ipokesmot Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    As picky as I am, I think Nick is a good mix with Artie. He's like Garry for Steve Dahl. My biggest gripe about the show are all the goddamn commercials. :cuss: When I listen to old shows from the 80's like Steve & Garry, they could go almost 30 mins without a commercial.

5. KillVampires

KillVampires Active Member

Reputations:
    The format of the show is awful. Listen to Stern and O&A interview someone or bring up a topic and they can go on for an hour plus without interruption. N&A cannot get more than 15 minutes without a commercial break. It's terrible. Factor in the atrocious musical guests, the 30 second bumpers and intros, and the live announcer Mike taking away air time for no reason, and you are left with short segments non-stop. I believe the same morons behind Jack-FM are producing the show so it's not a surprise that we are getting terrestrial radio commercial hell.

This show would be high level on Sirius-XM only. Terrestrial radio and Direct TV are sabotaging the show. It has not been a good show since the move to Direct TV.

Eliminate the announcer. He is not nearly as talented as Nick and Artie and ruins the flow of the show. Compare the older shows to when he showed up. No question he is an awful addition.

No more musical guests. The are abortions put to music. Radio coal. Death. Stern would have KORN come in and destroy. Or have professionals cover song parodies. Seinfeld's '17' song parody anyone? The rejects on the NWA show are vomit inducing.

They need 25 minutes of show and then five of commercials. Not two minutes of bumpers, six minutes of show, six minutes of commercials.

Allow Nick to cover sports news without anyone else but Artie talking. Or hire a 'Robin' to cover the news. The first few months of the show they covered stories in depth and talked about them. Now they just meander from to topic before a commercial break kills the flow of the show.

Fire the twins and hire actual radio talent like KC Armstrong or Stuttering John, who while they were oddballs, actually went to school for broadcasting. The Twins are draining. Not worth it hearing them when that money could get you someone like a young Billy West or John.

Less hack comedians on the show. O&A have Louis CK, Rich Vos, and a dozen other high level comedians on regularly. Even Stern had Jeff Ross, DL Hughley, and Amy Schumer on recently. Nick and Artie both being standups can barely draw anyone? Where is Gilbert? Chris Rock? Colin Quinn? Louis CK? They should be sitting in on the show once a week. All in all Nick is fine. Anyone complaining must not have heard the first few months of the show when it was amazing. Now it is garbage. I'll take live O&A, Penn's podcast, and the occasional Stern over the new N&A show.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  6. Markijuano

Markijuano Active Member

Reputations:
    Who's this wordy faggot

7. Ipokesmot

Ipokesmot Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    No way in hell I'd rather listen to Stern. Not only is he a ripoff-artist fraud, he is boring as hell without someone to write lines for him.

Bochetti is actually one of the highlights of Nick & Artie.

8. CAPTAIN KIRK

CAPTAIN KIRK New Member

Reputations:
    Fuck off fAggot, we love Bochetti round here..

9. kev

kev Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    hahaha

You make a few good points, but Bocchetti rules. I don't see how anyone could say that the show is garbage now. I have no idea what Howard talks about on his show nowadays, but whatever it is I bet it's gay and faggot.

10. mpa

mpa New Member

Reputations:
    Who are you, you know, Earnest Hemingway?

who am I, you know, Kevin Eubanks

who are they, you know, Mayor Bloomberg.

11. kev

kev Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Nathan Lane

12. mpa

mpa New Member

Reputations:
    That's who you are, you know, you know.

13. mpa

mpa New Member

Reputations:
    (Rick's darting, beady little i-talian eyes when he says you know and comes up with these awful angry juco Dennis Miller references is now one of my favorite things - you know, ironically)

14. mpa

mpa New Member

Reputations:
    Rick just doesn't have radio chops - it starts and ends there. He has some good lines, but so many of them are pre packaged - the killer lines come from Artie as they are actually spontaneous. Rick, like, you know, the you know bit, is just flipping through a rolodex of jokes and dennis miller for dumb guys references and then fires it off. Radio is too fast for Rick and he's got a storyteller next to him. It would behoove Rick to let artie go, be straight man, and get into a rif situation - he'd shine there. Going toe:toe with Arnie is not good for him. Rick's butt hurt does him in; Rick's adherence to format does him in; Rick being a pussy and listening to that awful Ken Kohl does him in. Not many people have the radio intuition that Artie has, rick should let him drive more, be straight man and then set up a back and forth riff section when the concept has developed. (rick should have payed some dues in sketch and improv at some point, hacky road comic bullshit doesn't work on radio, c.f. his 2 minutes about thanksgiving on Fallon - great set, you know, Jerry Lewis)

Where Artie takes something is almost always to a much better place than Rick's bullshit deadspin stories were going --- the irony is: where Artie takes it is someplace where Rick would have time to have a magazine loaded of one liner bullets.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  15. mpa

mpa New Member

Reputations:
    One more: Artie is much more like Letterman - he's going to turn something 90 degrees and attack it from there, get dark, get whacky; whereas, Rick is much more Leno, he has a CV full of very strong one liners, but the situation has to be crafted to allow them to be used

16. HorseVsPelican

HorseVsPelican New Member

Reputations:
    Do they still play the show on Sirius because it was on channel 94 but I can't find it there anymore.

17. SIPAWITZ

SIPAWITZ Bialy Whore Shot Dead

Reputations:

I read the whole thing.....please make this your last post

Make dawgs history

18. kelliejean

kelliejean Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sipawitz. You still around? Can I pm you about the poker thread?

19. SIPAWITZ

SIPAWITZ Bialy Whore Shot Dead

Reputations:
    Sure