Can you remember when you first started to turn on the Wig?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by JoeyG, May 28, 2013.

1. JoeyG

JoeyG Active Member

Reputations:
    For me, it was when he was giving Gary shit for his home theater. Specifically, Howie was making fun of the bar/stool area just behind the comfy chairs. He just kept going on and on about "well, how do you decide who gets the good chairs", etc. Gary explained some people might want to eat and the bar area was good for that, and Howard just kept going and going and going. The whole time, I'm thinking "You know - I completely agree with Gary here. I would set it up the exact same way".
    There is another thread here where a replay of Garys dinner party and Howard leaving early is posted. I remember listening to that when it happened, and remember thinking that Gary is an idiot for having it so late, and prolonging it into a big affair. Now, as I listen, I realize that Howard is just the biggest douche bag on the planet. Robin is no better, skipping saying she had a "tickle" in her throat and didn't want to get anyone sick. It was then expoased she missed Howards daughters wedding for the same reason. These two ass-clowns are juyst so fucking full of themselves it sickens me to think I actually contributed to their success.

BTW, here's the link for the bashing of Gary's dinner party:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Bj1MhYZElTA

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  2. h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0

h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0 Xavier's water boy Banned User

Reputations:
    Is this question meant for Ralph?

Maybe it needs to be rephrased :c

3. zhukov

zhukov Time traveler Gold

Reputations:
    get a life

4. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    love it when wig busts toothy's balls for an hour

[video=youtube;M-zFyxpr_cg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-zFyxpr_cg[/video]

5. nicksgt

nicksgt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i'll say for me it was really when i joined this site...prior to that i always kind of had it on as background noise and didnt put a lot of thought into it..once i started seeing people point out the obvious lies i couldnt believe i missed before

perfect example is the phony phone calls..never really thought about them that much until people here started pointed out the obvious inconsistencies and i couldnt believe i missed it before

6. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    when he grew this moustache

7. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    Well, it was a slow-build. Was it when The Pelican ripped on that black chick host, forget her name, but suddenly stopped ripping on the host when Beff became a guest of that show?

A lil bit.

Giftscriptions upped the tempo.

The whole ripping on Sal for the roast thing upped the tempo.

But the big thing that turned me over to despising the Wig more than liking him was the Artie saga. Pelican claimed to not know Artie was having trouble, etc. He didn't know what was going on when Artie attacked Teddy, even though Artie had done basically the same thing to Sal previously.

Now I'm in the full-bore despise The Pelican camp. I was at about 85% despise The Pelican which turned into somewhere around 90% with the Sirus lawsuit.

8. Groucho Marx

Groucho Marx Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I didn't like when he'd pretend he wasn't purposely exploiting a drug addict. "What happened? I was doodling."

9. Skyway

Skyway New Member VIP

Reputations:
    When he ended the show exactly at 10:00 every day because that's what his contract said. Then he want to 3 days and it was officially over for me.

10. Beths Arab

Beths Arab Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    It's been a slow and steady build but it really started when he humiliated Richard about his wedding and acted so superior to everyone that attended.

The icing on the cake was the whole cyber bullying thing and since then i cant stomach him or his show/infomercial at all.

11. Pigsaw

Pigsaw Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;ZcQotSF93es]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcQotSF93es[/video]

Flat out LIED!!!

12. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    Defeeeeensivvvvvve!

13. FCCstandards

FCCstandards Non-Essential Salooner VIP

Reputations:
    "Robin, I'm engaged!"

14. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard has done and said many douchey things over the years. Nevertheless, I didn't mind it because the show was still good.

I didn't start to turn until the evolution was fully underway and when by mid 2011 it became obvious thaty Howard was not going to hire a comedian.

Amerca's got talent announcement at the end of 2011 was the final straw.

15. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    He turned the Artie-sleeping thing into a bit. Even at Jackie's worst, when Jackie was drinking pretty heavily, Jackie never passed out like Artie.

Plus, The Pelican had access to film. There was always a camera on Artie.

[video=youtube;6-PSjutg7LI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-PSjutg7LI[/video]

16. MISERABLE66

MISERABLE66 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I dont quite remember when I started to turn but the real eye opener for me was when he said "you should give autistic kids a loaded gun to play with" or something to that effect. That was personal for me. That shit threw me back.

17. Dabadass

Dabadass Member

Reputations:
    The 'piss on my fans' comment was the beginning for me. It's been all down hill for me since then and now I rarely listen.

18. SalsMasterShake

SalsMasterShake Mouthpiece VIP

Reputations:
    The first crack in the foundation for me was Howard's indifference to Hank's death.

I remember feeling very sad the morning they announced Hank's death. Fred played Taps as though it were a goof, but I remember Robin actually expressing some general sadness. Howard's response was very indifferent: he mentioned that Robin tried to help Hank, but Hank wouldn't stop drinking. It was all Hank's fault - from the guy that mined Hank for laughs. I guess Hank's mom hates Howard to this day.

The second was already mentioned: "Robin, I'm getting married." I remember giving him the benefit of the doubt about BethO, but when everyone had to bow down, call her "beautiful" on cue, and kiss her ring (like she ever accomplished anything substantive in life other than duping an old, ugly, mega-rich fool), I knew the hypocrisy was here to stay.