Canadian Man Sorry for Chugging Eight Beers and Swimming to Detroit

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by sternski, Jul 23, 2013.

1. sternski

sternski New Member Banned User

Reputations:
  2. sternski

sternski New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    “I was drinking, but I wasn’t really drunk,” Morillo said Tuesday. “The thing is, I’ve been telling people I’m going to swim across the river for years and they’re like ‘yah, yah, blah, blah, you can’t make it.’ So, I don’t know, last night I just decided it was the time to go.”
    He jumped in the river near Hiram Walker and swam to the Renaissance Center.
    “When I got to the Renaissance Center I couldn’t find a way to get up onto the platform,” said Morillo. “Then some guy said ‘hey there’s a ladder over here.’ I climbed up the ladder, then people were asking to take their pictures with me. There was one woman, she said she was from Windsor and she thought I was crazy. She was right.”
    Then he slipped back in the river for his return trip. It wasn’t long after that he realized his swim had attracted more attention than anticipated.
    “As soon I saw the helicopters going by and the boats looking for me, I was like ‘oh, this is really stupid,’” said Morillo.

:c

3. Splash

Splash Huge Member VIP

Reputations:
    I got this far:

“I

4. nazdrowie

nazdrowie Sultan of Sweat Gold

Reputations:
    doesnt this happen every day?

5. tomtom

tomtom Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm pretty sure anybody is sorry after going to Detroit. Be it by foot, bike, car, boat, etc, etc.