Can't Get A Job Because You Have No Talent? Try Howard Stern's Shitty Channel.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by tv910, Jan 11, 2013.

1. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard must be so proud. He hires guys who are so awful even terrestrial radio rejected them. Too bad he doesn't care that his channels are a joke. Found this article in Marksfriggin News:

The Abe Kanan Show began two years ago as a podcast featuring three Q101 alums — Abe Kanan, Ryan Manno and Dan “Bass†Levy — and Kanan’s brother, Sam. It’s billed as a “fast-paced, topical blend of pop culture, current events, comedy, sports and entertainment — unconventional, unfiltered, uncensored.â€

Of everyone they approached, only Stern was willing to give them a shot. A three-night tryout led to a Saturday afternoon show. As of this week, the show has been extended yet again — airing live from 7 to 10pm Thursdays and Fridays on Howard 101.

“We went from three out-of-work radio guys and one guy who's never worked in radio before to being on one of the biggest stations in the world, and working for one of the biggest radio icons of all time,†Levy told me. “I’m not sure if going from podcast to full-blown radio show will be how radio transitions in the future, but from telling others and students that I meet, it'spretty inspirational.â€

2. squirrelnuts

squirrelnuts Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "We went from three out-of-work radio guys to three guys splitting $200 a show."

3. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They're not even worth that. There's some speculation that they actually pay Howard for airtime.

4. EddyG

EddyG MORON Banned User

Reputations:
    I stumbled on Abes show last night. They were discussing ways people rip off retail stores. I was slightly interested and lasted 90 minutes. There were times they tried to sound professional, but really it was kind of amateurish, but it did hold my interest, so not that bad. I wonder what these guys make?

5. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Abe Cannon sounds like college radio kids. It's going to be cooo. :facepalm:

6. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    What I find funny is that Mancow sent Howard shit in the mail, and he goes and hires his sidekick. It would be like if John Malone shuts the show down, and Fred goes over to Imus to replace Charles.

7. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    No surprise Howard was the only one to take a flyer on their show - Levy's claim about being on "one of the biggest stations in the world" doesn't mean too much, as there are probably 5000 watt local stations with more listeners than Kanan's show and the channel is filled with other rejects and/or back office hacks who have no business being on the air.

8. Mike

Mike 'Merica Gold

Reputations:
    I'm deffinetly convinced these new breed of shows are paying to be on the channel. It deffinetly smells of bad paid programming not much different from tradio.

9. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yes. "Pay-to-play". Same concept as this:

For his upcoming Ozzfest summer tour, the 53-year-old former BLACK SABBATH frontman and his wife and manager, Sharon, are charging bands $75,000 to participate. Word is, the hefty admission charge is irking performers — like P.O.D., SYSTEM OF A DOWN and ROB ZOMBIE (who just replaced RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE) — who have been lining up for the tour.

http://blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=2739

10. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Their phony phone calls are the worst. They usually talk too fast or use a fake accent that's completely unintelligible, so all you hear is the person on the other end going "What?.....What?....." because they can't understand a word that's being said. Either that or the person clearly knows it's a prank and just blandly plays along to see where it's going. The whole time the guys in the studio are laughing hysterically (at absolutely nothing) and congratulating themselves on being so clever. Most of their attempts at humor are so lame a junior high school kid would be ashamed of it.

11. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I wonder why Wiggo never promotes it or mentions it.

12. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Having those morons on Thursdays & Fridays really sucks for me. I usually leave H101 on overnight and listen to the Shuffle as I fall asleep. Last night they replayed Abe Kanan around 2:00 AM and it woke me up out of a sound sleep. Hate them so much I had to get up and change the channel, won't be listening to H101 on those nights any more.

13. Double Blizz

Double Blizz New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Maybe they can give Nick Di Paolo a mercy hire :dontknow:

14. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    I would give anything for Imus to buy his wife Dierdre an hour each week to talk about her vegetarian cookbooks. I do think it's funny that Howard predicted Imus would be divorced (and she'd make off with the money and the kid) years ago, and it looks like Imus will be happily married when the cancer gets him while Howard spends New Year's alone.

15. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

16. Nurse Remulak

Nurse Remulak New Member

Reputations:
    "Mercy hire.." That's what most of the fucking staff is going to need BADLY once the HSS is done. I don't think any of them realize they really have ZERO.ZERO marketable skills. Especially Benjy, JD, Sal and Richard, Jason, Ralph...

17. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    I think Sal could run a solid Pit-zeria.

18. Nurse Remulak

Nurse Remulak New Member

Reputations:
    Probably.. but if any of them think they are going to make it in show biz once Howard's really retired.. FUGGEDABOUTIT!

19. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard better be serious about retiring, nobody's looking to hire him either since AGT proved his fanbase is gone

20. joyceface

joyceface Queen of Everything VIP

Reputations:
    It is UN-listenable.