CAPTAIN AMERICA 2: THE WINTER SOLDIER trailer up (2:27)

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by ARM, Oct 24, 2013.

1. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Good ol Cap is back this coming April in what I believe is going to better than any of the other shared Marvel Universe films (christ, how I hated IRON MAN 3). It's BASICALLY like an Avengers 1.5 film as you have Cap, Black Widow, Falcon, Black Fury, and even Winter Soldier who has been an Avenger when Bucky Barnes took the mantle of Cap.

I loved the first Cap, but it lacked a coupla action beats I felt it needed. I would have also liked an extended & extensive training sequence to show him mastering parkour and hand to hand combat.

Cap's been my favorite comic book character since I was little kid, and if you think he's obsolete, not powerful enough, or not hip, or not quip enough, or "dark enough" I don't give a shit. I'll take him over Batman, Superman, Spider-man, Iron Man, Thor, or Wolverine any day.

P.S. Look for none other than Robert Redford (as a SHIELD director) at about :40 who has said Cap was a role he wished he could've played if the timing and tech were right back then.

[video=youtube;82RKQPgeYRs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82RKQPgeYRs[/video]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  2. Anfkid

Anfkid Blue Banner Mafia Staff Member

Reputations:
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH looks awesome. I bet Redford's gonna be the bad guy.

btw, too many blaeks in the movie IMO

3. igotcarded

igotcarded New Member

Reputations:
    Captain America does stuff? I thought he just bitched and moped like a chick, constantly mouthing the words "I'm not good enough". I guess that was just his fag character "need" in The Avengers.

4. Ashbeard

Ashbeard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I fell asleep before half in the first movie but I really should try again.

Redford fucking rules. I just watched Jeremiah Johnson last week. Sick movie I never knew existed.

5. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's what I did during IRON MAN 2 & 3, Dark Knight, DK Rises, Hulk, and somewhat Thor.

You should watch it again, it's got a great original wholesome Raiders of the Lost Ark tone. And Steve Rogers is a very unique character in that he's the only major hero in DC or Marvel that's not an alien, or royalty, or wrought from an accident, or personal tragedy. Cap's just a guy pure of selfless heart that decided he's gonna find a way to make a difference, and had the balls to test the serum when no one else would.

Redford DOES have a pretty noble and thoughtful career doesn't he?! Even his failures are noble.

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  6. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah right, good call, you're regular bibliophile aficionado. Cap has found a way to beat Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, Spider-man, and Wolverine on more than one occasion straight up. And is considered the best hand to hand combatant and leader in Marvel or DC. Also the only mortal to lift Thor's hammer.

7. Tommy

Tommy New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Why call him "Black Fury"?

8. Tommy

Reputations:
    I thought Storm lifted Thor's hammer too?

9. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I have to agree--the first Iron Man was great but the sequels have been more or less shit.

Thor was watchable. If only for Kat Dennings' enviable rack. Yowza! Marvel have been pretty bang on with their casting thus far. I think after the "Daredevil" debacle they realized that there's gotta be another layer of depth to the stories or else nobody cares.

I didn't mind the first Cap--but his story would have been better served as a sub-plot of The Avengers, not a full feature length film.

10. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ahhh, just because Marvel and DC have this insanely irritating, white guilt PC trend of turning very established white characters into black now in comics and film. When there were already tons of cool black characters they could have used. When I saw Perry White was Laurence Fishburne and Electro is Jamie Foxx its completely run amok.

Lemme see.....Nick Fury, Kingpin, Catwoman, Firestorm, Alicia Masters, Perry White, Electro, Blackqualad etc etc.

Making Nick Fury black was REALLY dopey and forced. This because SHIELD already had a black executive named Agent Gabriel that they could have used while maintaining the REAL Nick Fury who is WHITE. They could have Sam Jackson play Gabriel and Stephen Lang (Avatar) play Nick Fury.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Stephen Lang from AVATAR is who would have been my Nick Fury if I had to cast it.

[​IMG]

This is Agent Gabriel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  11. igotcarded

igotcarded New Member

Reputations:
    "He may not be kicking Spider-man's ass in this movie, but I swear he's awesome in other media," you screamed to the napping Cap audience.

12. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They really kept Kat Dennings cans exiled away in Midgard during THOR didn't they? Kept me from having a Mjolnir in my pants with the two Jew broads that fight Lokis along with Natalie Portman. Probably why I dosed a little during Thor.

13. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Cap kicked all kinds of ass in both movies, don't know wtf you're watching??

Spider-man isn't even the Avengers-verse, the character is owned by SONY, what kind of ignoramus example is that? You don't get Cap, it's your loss. Spider-man's easily the whiniest bitch in all of comics 24/7.

14. thos19

thos19 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Cool that Black Widow will be in this one. :)

15. Tommy

Reputations:
    Nick Fury is black in the "Ultimates" line of comics. And let's be honest, there were very few black characters in both the DC and Marvel universe. They are trying to make the movies reflect the balance of society.

And one of the actresses that played Catwoman in the old TV series was black.

16. Tommy

Reputations:
    No. The Spiderman character is OWNED by marvel comics but is LICENSED to Sony. Once the license ends, the film rights will revert back to Marvel/Disney. Just like Fantastic Four and the Xmen & Wolverine are licensed by other studios. .

17. Tommy

Reputations:
    No shit. How can she look like a 15 year old boy in the Thor movie and Busty Dusty in 2 Broke Girls?

18. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You know what I meant, have the rights, or control the movie likeness or what have you. I still don't fully understand how it all works, and I'm not sure Marvel does either. As you'll see Spider-man in other forms of media all the time interacting with the other characters. He even guest starred on the Avengers EMH animated series.

Either way, it's fucking annoying they can't do crossovers and how restrictive it all is.

19. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I fired up about this movie, and I agree with Arm about the "indiana jones" type feel. Maybe it was the 1940s setting, the nazi's, the fact that there was not an over-reliance on cgi and over the top effects, the tone? After Iron Man 1 I feel it is the best out of all the movies from the "Avengers" cannon, including the Avengers

I also find Hayley Atwell absolutely gorgeous. Maybe it was the way they had her dressed for the time period but she seems like a throwback to the classic hollywood beauties the golden age.

As someone who is beginning to feel burnt out from comic book movies I'm still looking foward to this

20. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Hhahahhahahhaha great dichotomy line by you!