Carolla needs to rant about the details of the THSS offer he rejected

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by koclem, Mar 27, 2012.

1. koclem

koclem .|..O..|. VIP Banned User

Reputations:
    It's widely accepted that Carolla was offered and rejected the Jackie chair before Artie came on board.

If you listen to the Carolla show its obvious he doesn't really like Stern and calls him out on things like Stern's Arbitron ratings being bullshit all the time, he also seems to avoid Stern at those gay Kimmell-Stern circle jerk parties.

There is clearly no love here between these two.

Now that THSS is unlistenable and basically over and Carolla and his ABN are taking over podcasting/itunes, its time to hear the details of what was offered to Carolla by THSS and exactly how much the deal was lacking in fucking marbles.

2. flailingfish

flailingfish New Member

Reputations:
    OK...........make it happen

3. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I think Adam liked Howard at one point, but sees him as a big phony now. I don't know if he stays quiet to keep from causing drama in his personal life because they're both friends with Jimmy or if Carolla fears the Howard retribution of old. I don't see how he could fear anything coming from Howard's camp now. It's pretty obvious that Howard has no such powers any longer. I'm surprised a whole bunch of radio people aren't going after Howard. Then again, he's become irrelevant, so why bother?

4. Chaos

Chaos Active Member

Reputations:
    He discussed why he isn't in Howard's channel. Sirius wanted him to do it for free.

5. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    You mean Howard Stern wanted him to do it for nothing. From my understanding Howard is given the cash and the channels and they are his to program as he sees fit. He simply uses Sirius management to do the negotiating to avoid something he finds unpleasant and to divert blame if the offers are insultingly low.

6. prefect

prefect New Member VIP

Reputations:
    Howard wanted to pay him a very small amount of money, and be happy with the ability to plug comedy shows and things like that.

7. stripes

stripes Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    stern wanted carollas podcast on the channel but sirius told adam that at that point there wasn't any money. carolla thought it was laughable & told them to fuck off...he's talked alot about it in the past. i think the shine has come off the kimmell/stern freindship also & kimmell keeps stern around as kind of a goof at this point, is my impression of kimmell anyway.

8. Droog

Reputations:
    Sirius should do the same with Howard. Let him plug AGT and whatever ventures he wants while drawing a relatively small paycheck. I love how Howard is always so liberal with other people's money. If anyone else ever demands to be paid, they're the bad guys. Only Howard is worth anything.

9. Noshferatu

Noshferatu Active Member

Reputations:
    what show besides his own has a big budget and has the host raking in 99% of it? only howchie of course .. see what he pays jackie now, or other shows
    and he's never the boss, unless his headphones are messed up and he's suddenly the boss and wants to fire someone .. not that he has the balls to do that actually ... he's just a big pussy

10. stripes

Reputations:
    as far as the artie chair, sterns neurosis is the biggest reason that chair hasn't been filled. stern wants to be the loudest voice in the room no matter how unfunny, out of touch & pussified he's become. fuck having someone funny, audience & show be damed, his neurosis & years of surrounding himself with wakpak staff yesmen idiots have long since trumped the funny. face it, its long since over & theres plenty of better stuff out there now.

11. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's Howard's channel and budget, if he wanted him on he would have had to pay for it, but he actually wants people to give him content for free. Jim Florentine was on O&A recently and said he did the Miserable Men Show for free for a year, he was told they were working on a deal, then he got tired of the bullshit and left.

That fucking Jew mentality where they want and expect people to work for free is gross. Howard really has no shame when it comes to money. He was recently a hypocrite and said "you'd be surprised how some people have no shame when it comes to money" or something like that.

12. harlock

harlock ancora imparo Gold

Reputations:
    Howard would blow a gasket and shit himself if anyone suggested this to him. I hope the kid in your avatar has not actually seen that movie!

13. Mike in Houston

Mike in Houston I got more balls than the daily lottery. VIP

Reputations:
    Carolla gets better guests.

14. Droog

Reputations:
    I've always found that picture to be fascinating. When I found it, I wondered why a parent would dress up a kid like that. The kid couldn't have known the meaning, right? So why would the kid want to dress like Alex? Most kids want to wear costumes of people or things they know. So, then we have to consider that maybe the kid actually saw the movie. It's disturbing either way. His parents are weird at the very least.

I'd love it if Carolla were to suggest that Howard work for plugs. I'd love to hear Howard's response. Actually, I wouldn't because the response is likely to be full of shit.

15. Big Biscuit

Big Biscuit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah but the success of the "Stern Formula" always included a third partner. You would think Howard is smart enough to realize that. He made a conscious decision to abandon a proven method. Has he become that neurotic or just cheap?

16. Senator Rick

Senator Rick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Carolla discussed this on his show.
    I remember I downloaded it and made it 1/2 way thru and then we decided to move 1200 miles away from our previous home and I've since lost the goddamned thing.
    Can anyone supply me with a date of the show where he talked about Howard's offer of free plugs in return for Adam's doing the show via remote/skype?
    Or such as?

17. MarvelComics85

MarvelComics85 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Nah, he's just a mcirophone tough guy.

18. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard's likability on air has taken such a nose dive in the past year that I don't even think Jimmy would feel comfortable sitting in on the show now a days.

19. stripes

Reputations:
    i agree, kimmell is a well rounded, everyman type of guy & does a great job with the guests & bits on his show. i think kimmell has definately outgrown the likes of stern but will always keep an arms length loyalty to that fruitcake.

20. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    whats his face took advantage of the free plugs so howard berated him on air and cut his plug time down.
    So he quit the miserable men show, was it bob levy? I don't keep track of those pererify people