Carolla using crowd source to fund movie.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by nearly.normal, Jul 5, 2013.

1. nearly.normal

nearly.normal Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Zach Braff caught a lot of flak for doing it. From Stern fans and guests.

Now millionaire, multiple LA house owner, collector of extremely expensive automobiles wants his fans to pay for his new movie.

He's raised 200,000+ in 3 days.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hey kiddies,

The FundAnything.com campaign for my new movie project "Road Hard" is officially kicking off. You've all been so great supporting the podcast, my books, and Mangria. So here's my next mission for you. Open the link below to watch a video with me and a little known actor named Bryan Cranston, enjoy it and then share it with a friend. Or all of your friends. And if you like it and want to kick in a couple of sheckles to make the project happen it'd be a real mitzvah. Sorry, went a little jewish on you there. But seriously, anything you can throw into the pot will really help.

Thanks and Mahalo.

Ace

https://fundanything.com/adamcarolla

2. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Well, if people are stupid enough to hand over money, why not?

3. AGT Blows

AGT Blows Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The clip was good.
    [video=youtube;BrsZOcrjW4c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrsZOcrjW4c[/video]

4. Tranquil

Tranquil Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm a huge fan of the Ace man but this just seems a little cheap to me. If he really believe in the movie he would fund his own money into the project. He is taking no risk financially all he gets are the profits.

5. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Sounds like somebody else we know...

:bigthink

6. nearly.normal

nearly.normal Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He also doesn't hesitate to climb on his soapbox and insult "lazy" people who don't have the ambition to make it on their own while constantly bragging about how he climbed from poor to rich with no one's help.

He's got $$, connections and one fairly successful Indie movie under his belt. He could easily find the funding without going this route.

7. Hadenough

Hadenough New Member

Reputations:
    Yes a funny video and how Hollywood works nowadays. Carolla made a funny good movie and no one cared because the censors rated it "R" for no reason, no one helped to market the movie and Adam was left in the hole for what was a very respectable independent movie.

Like "friends of the show" Zach Braff & Kristen Bell hes looking for assistance and I have no problem with it.

I like Adam, but admit he like Howard can be a blowhard.....

8. JB50

JB50 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Hardest working man in the biz.

Dood puts out podcasts 7 days a motherfuken week.

Also Im sure Hollyweird hates him and wouldnt give him any money anyway, plus he has more control over the movie.

9. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    He also always says that anyone who's good at their job is never out of work, yet no one in Hollywood would fund his last movie and same goes this time.
    If he was good at making movies, why can't he get them funded (the traditional way)?

10. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Isn't Cranston a Buchwald client? Adam better watch out or Don may want a cut of the contributions raised due to Bryan's appearance in the video.

I like Adam, but have no desire to put up money for him to make a movie. Too bad he isn't selling more Mangria so he wouldn't have to go hat in hand asking for jack.

According to the contribution site, $10K gets you a role in the film, and someone actually contributed at that level.

11. Nibbler

Nibbler heaven is in your mind Gold

Reputations:
    I hope this funding is for a sequel to The Hammer.

12. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    At least Darren Aronofsky got funding from people and cut them in for the profits when the movie was finally made.

13. zhukov

zhukov Time traveler Gold

Reputations:
    I'd throw in a few shekels if I got a piece of the action

14. Turtle Man

Turtle Man Hello Darling Gold

Reputations:
    Well for one.. Adam is a cool guy.. Zack braff is lisping asshole

15. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Yes, but to raise funds, he'd have to give up owning 100% of the profits. Why do that when suckers who can't participate in profits will hand you the money? They fund direct-to-DVD crap, obviously he could get a movie made if the script were any good. He just doesn't want to unless he gets total control and the time is worth the payoff. Adam is a funny guy with an asshole streak a mile wide.

16. jdharmeyer

jdharmeyer New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    What a fucking despicable Jew move.

I remember hearing on Stern that the average Zach Braff contributor gave $70 non-equity dollars to fund his movie which had a budget of $2M. It should be mentioned that those funders will additionally have to pay to see that movie at their local, so the contribution was more or less a gift. He was very well paid for Scrubs plus I am sure he has a syndication percentage as well so he won't have to worry about rent for the rest of his life. How many steps do you think he has to take before he runs into some wannabe-trust funder-producer in Hollywood nightclub to get a measly $2M? All Carolla/Braff are doing is eliminating their personal downside.

There are 7 Billion people on the planet, there are roughly 12-14 million Jews. That is .002% of the world's population AND technically have the highest per capita income, all things being equal. SO WTF? I think the Mega-Jew, Gene Simmons* (of the rock group KISS) really created this underlying biz model where anything that can be sold to the fan, will be sold to the fan.

*Gene Simmons (of the rock group KISS) copyrighted the image of a $ sign on a money bag for commercial products. LOL.

BTW: Carolla is a regular contributor on FOX NEWS and basically just says "pull yourself up by your own bootstraps" in every rant. The irony.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  17. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    It's not. It's about road comics...I think.
    Basically guys who got the development deals when networks were handing them out like candy...and now they're in their 40s, 50's and beyond and are forced to hit the road again to earn $.
    It's called 'Road Hard" I believe.

18. greyt

greyt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    a lot of mid-level independent bands are going this route to fund their albums and tours these days. This local band raised nearly $350 000 recently to record their new album instead of dealing with record labels and shitty contracts. The fans essentially pay for the album before it's released. Something about it doesn't sit right with me but it looks like this is going to be the way things are done now. http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/protest-the-hero-new-album--3

19. jdharmeyer

jdharmeyer New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Reminds me of that Jew Dave Attell complaining about how much money he doesn't make on Stern. After his last appearance I went to Dave Attell's website and he had like 30 dates booked in 3 months time. The usual for a his comedy level is $3000 to $5000 per night (although depends on city/demographics). I know this because my friend is a booker. Attell very likely makes more due to his name recognition. Yet, there he was on Stern belying the fact that he had at least $100K in appearance money already lined up....................Jews.

20. Sickboy

Sickboy Latverian Monarch

Reputations:
    Mindless drones all with money to throw away.