Politics Carson Closing In On Trump in New CBS Poll

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BethSucks, Sep 15, 2015.

1. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Carson: GOP needs to reach out to minority communities
    Republican voters nationwide continue to back Trump in large numbers, climbing from 23% support in the last CBS poll, conducted before the Fox News debate last month, to 27% in the poll out Tuesday. But Carson rocketed in that same period from 6% to 23%. The survey also found Carson doing well across demographic groups, edging out Trump among college-educated Republican voters.

The rest of the field, with the exception of Carly Fiorina and Ohio Gov. John Kasich, has slipped behind with Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker falling farthest from 10% support last month to 2% now.

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee and Florida Sen. Marco Rubio all tied for third place with 6%.

The margin of error for the 376-person sample of Republican voters in this newest poll is plus-or-minus 6%, and was conducted Sept. 9-13.

The latest CNN/ORC survey, released last week, showed Carson rising in the polls -- landing at 19% support among Republicans, behind Trump's 32% support. The latest poll from ABC News/Washington Post also showed Trump significantly ahead of Carson.

READ: Donald Trump surges to 32% support

Facing a rising Carson last week, Trump took some potshots at the retired neurosurgeon, even as Carson apologized for questioning Trump's faith.

"We need energy," Trump said last Saturday during a campaign stop in Iowa. "I don't think Ben has the energy. Ben is a nice man, but when you're negotiating against China, and you're negotiating against these Japanese guys who are going to come at you in waves ... we need people that are really smart that have tremendous deal-making skills and have great, great energy."

RONNIE THE CLAW and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  2. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    What the fuck is that? Coming at you in waves? Can trump say anything and NOT make it sound racial?

Droog likes this.
  3. BethSucks

Reputations:
    With both parties so polarized and in disarray this would seem like a good time for a populist moderate to make an independent run.

4. Willowglen

Willowglen Lookin thru the glass ceiling & up Stephs skirt VIP

Reputations:
    Way too small a sampling group. I don't know how anyone can put any stock in a poll of less than 400 people and think that represents the country. That's how the Neilsen ratings work and look at the shit that gives us.

R.P. McMurphy likes this.
  5. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Stern/Quivers

Scarlett Ohara and BethSucks like this.
  6. BethSucks

Reputations:
    I said populist not elitist.

7. GaryPuppet

GaryPuppet Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I give you the next First Lady of the United States, Candy Carson

[​IMG]

8. Anyonenow

Anyonenow Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I like this interpretation(article)...:cwl:

NYT/CBS Poll: Carson, Trump in Statistical Dead Heat

In the New York Times/CBS News survey released Tuesday,Trump maintains the lead of the presidential pack, with 27 percent support. But Carson is within striking distance, at 23 percent, which is within the margin of error of plus or minus 6 percentage points.

In other findings:
    • Carson drew more support from college graduates than Trump, while men, evangelical voters and those without a college education were more likely to favor Trump.
    • Carson is the only candidate to whom Trump would lose a theoretical head-to-head matchup.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/poll-carson-trump-tie/2015/09/15/id/691603/

R.P. McMurphy likes this.
  9. Mulletude

Mulletude I'm Big In The Hate Club, Ya Know VIP

Reputations:
  10. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...that would be fun. we're way too far out from election day to make a call. imo ben carson is a great guy but im not sure he would be a good president. there could be a biden effect when things get down to the bone, womens rights, social security, imo biden swung the last election in his debate on social security alone. romney/ryan would have used that as a govt piggy bank. elizebeth warren, shes just waiting it out. the best part of this so far is hillary and jeb are both lagging and looking lackluster. and not for nothing bernie sanders isnt exactly lighting the world on fire. i dont see much mention of him in the last month.

npr did a story this morning on all the aged voting machines and i was thinking ut oh election 2000 might look like a junior varsity practice run in 2016. some of the machines have only 250 mega bytes of storage causing pushing a button for one candidate and having it light up under a different candidate registering as a vote. and of course these counties dont have the money for new machines.

11. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:

...yeah the media seems to be propping ben carson up. ben isnt nasty enough to be president. smart guy but you need a pinch of killer instinct in a prez.

Runaway, Fawkesguy and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  12. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Ben Carson is an even bigger liberal nightmare. A conservative black man.

unclefreddy likes this.
  13. Anyonenow

Reputations:
    FosterKitten and Ving like this.
  14. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    This sort of thing is to be expected. Naturally as the race continues and things shake out undecided voters gravitate towards candidates who actually have a chance. Also, supporters of failed candidacies have to pick someone, and face it, Americans love to jump on bandwagons.

Trump's numbers increased. Carson is in good shape as Trump is so different than the rest of the pack I would assume most voters who switch from failed candidates will choose a more mainstream Republican. This happens nearly every time in recent years at least. The most popular guy loses because the less popular guys' votes swing to a more mainstream candidate. This is how they wound up with mediocrities such as Dole and McCain and to a lesser degree Romney.

15. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You got that backwards. if anyone's mind would come unglued about a Republican Blackman president, it would be the good 'ol boys of the party that put him there.

You talk about a mindfuck for Cleetus & friends at the tea party rally. They'd rather vote for the white dem if it came down to a head to head with Carson.

Droog and Goodfella like this.
  16. Goodfella

Goodfella Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Do you really think that the republican party could live with another blaeck president? I am not trying to incite but I do think there is a large percentage of people that vote republican that are complete redneck racists. Do they really hate Obama because they think he is a secret muslim or is it his skin color that they have a problem with but cloak the racism in something more people can tolerate which is ilsamophobia?

This is part of the fun in watching this....at some point I think the GOP will wake up and realize that they cannot win the white house with a blaeck republican....I could be wrong though.

17. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Most people don't know Carson's views and plans once they do he's gone.

18. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    carson isnt going to win tho, hes too mild mannered.
    hes smart, hes a good man, he has some good policies, but i think ppl want a fighter.

i love how cnn shoe-horned a female into the debates, cause they wanted a female.
    then u have only 4 guys at the kids table.
    why not just add them to the main one

MyLazyHand likes this.
  19. GaryPuppet

GaryPuppet Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  20. Anyonenow

Reputations:
    One only needs to go as far as Dawgs for your answer.
    It's obvious who the biggest racists support.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015