WTF Cat repo

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Beth143nacho, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    so, my neighbor got a cat the other day. He went to the local shelter and filled out an application, then gave them a check and they gave him a cat.

That was Saturday.

Today, an old lady knocks on his door and demands the cat. She stepped into his home attempting to bust in and steal it and he stopped her. She said that she was from the shelter and that she's taking the cat back. My neighbor acted calm cool and collected, but she was off the charts insane. He asked what this was all about and she wanted to know why his old cat hasn't been to the vet for their 3-year shot. "Because he's dead" he said... "I'm taking the cat!!!"... What's this about?

Long story short, he called his old vet who gave a reference to this asshole and she left.

Wtf? They can repo cats???

2. HowardsPrenup

HowardsPrenup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think he just had a run-in with a crazy bitch, all pets aside. She must be a crazy cat lady.

DarkFriday likes this.
  3. larry Darrel

larry Darrel Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Some of these shelter workers are freakin' nuts. Adopting a rescue pet is almost as involved as adopting a child. My 19 year cat passed in early 2015. I wanted another cat, but there was no way I was going ot go through a shelter and deal with some whacko who wanted to know every aspect of my life. So I just waited until someone had kittens they needed to give away, and sure enough within a year, I had two great kittens, no fuss on muss.

4. Anfkid

Anfkid Blue Banner Mafia Staff Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

DarkFriday likes this.
  5. Devil's Backbone

Devil's Backbone Security Advisor - Larry Inc.

Reputations:
  6. Jake Dog

Jake Dog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    The answer is, probably yes. When I adopted my two Labs, the adoption contract specifically stated that the animals remained the property of the rescue agency and were subject to repossession at any time should I violate any clause of the adoption contract. The contract further states that I would be liable for any attorney fees incurred by either side in a legal dispute over custody.

7. Ctanner

Ctanner Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It depends..could you please describe the repo person:

Former modoe?
    Wearing a castro work camp hat and/or some type of love/heart shirt under overalls?
    Was she intent on blinding/maiming said kitten to possibly write a children's book about?
    Did she arrive in a limo?

I think we have our man...err..suspect

Willowglen and RaeRae like this.
  8. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Maybe the woman was just a nutcase and not really from the shelter. Some crazy woman (not affiliated with a shelter as far as I know) has been going into people's yards in my neighborhood and attempting to take their cats. Several times the owners saw her and asked WTF she was doing, she started screaming that cats belong indoors and she was taking the cat because they're irresponsible owners. So far no one has figured out who she is and a few cats have gone missing.

9. DuckDong

DuckDong VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Dafuq if I would have signed that

larry Darrel likes this.
  10. Ingens

Ingens VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    It's what Wiggy does for NSAL.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    ShutUpSitDown, RaeRae and yaddc like this.
  11. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This fuckin guy narced out his cat owning neighbor too...

The Finklestein Kid and Dramos like this.
  12. Penelope

Penelope VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    The shelters mean well but it *is* getting out of control. When I wanted to adopt a puppy two years ago, I went for a "Meet & Greet" with a foster puppy. My then-ten-year-old dog barked *once* at the puppy during our walk, and I received an email from the shelter saying they would not be "comfortable" placing a puppy in my home. :eek: I felt like shit.

The next rescue league I tried was wayyyy more understanding...said dogs will be dogs and they were fine with the older dog not being 100 percent comfortable around a puppy at first. I ended up adopting from them and have given a former street dog a life of love & luxury. And my older girl has grown to love the puppy--go figure!

larry Darrel and Apple the cat like this.
  13. larry Darrel

larry Darrel Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You're more patient than I am Penelope :) Good for you for taking in the dog and giving it a great home and lots of love.

Penelope likes this.
  14. Beth143nacho

Reputations:
    Lol look at this fucking contract...

image.png

15. Beth143nacho

Reputations:
    Fuck that

16. Beth143nacho

Reputations:
    (That's a contract someone from work showed me... From a shelter near them)... Not the one from my neighbors

17. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    My tenant/assistant wanted to adopt a greyhoud, there was a rescue in NH, about 2 hours away, so she asked if they could go through the approval process and meet and take the dog on the same day. The broad there gave her so much shit, she told them to fuck off.

She found another greyhoud elsewhere, and they were very nice, so you gotta really take your time

18. Lou Loomis

Lou Loomis Feel the Gern

Reputations:

DarkFriday and Austinchota like this.
  19. ClumpyStern

ClumpyStern HSS-clean since Dec 2011 VIP

Reputations:
    They're just bluffing with that stupid contract and I highly doubt it was written by a lawyer. First, what constitutes "good care" is subjective and the burden of proof would be on them to establish, not you if they actually sued you. Second, the wording gives them the right to show up with zero notice and (literally) at any time of day or night. That's unreasonable on its face and unenforceable. Otherwise, they could show up at 3:00 AM (or every single day for months) and demand the return of the cat if you refused to let them in. Third, the only court that can order the return of property rather than money damages is a court of equity or probate court. They can't sue in any other court and get anything other than the dollar value of the cat. In theory, you could be liable for their legal costs IF they satisfied the judge that you didn't take "good care" of the cat or allowed it to be abused, but that's a very big "if." You aren't liable for shit if they sue you and lose.

It probably works on most people and their hearts are in the right places, but that "contract" is probably some shit that one of them just wrote up thinking it would sound all legal-like and shit.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    FlatTimmy likes this.
  20. Austinchota

Austinchota Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Someone else needs to have their cat taken away...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DarkFriday likes this.