Catalog of Staff/Guest Wig Slips

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Mr Pink, May 1, 2014.

1. Mr Pink

Mr Pink Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I listen to a LOT of old shows and it amazes me how many times a wig is mentioned. I'm gonna start keeping track of it here.

I've already mentioned the Beastie Boys, Richard Lewis and other wig references, and there are plenty more.

Today I was listening to an old segment where they were relentlessly pummelling Tom C.
    During the thrashing, something was mentioned about Jane's Addiction and the song "Jane Says".

Right after a robot-voiced jab by Howie, Tom, out of nowhere, sings a lyric from the song:

Tom: (kind of under his breath): "...have you seen my wig around..."

(Outburst of laughter in the background)

HS: ...aaalright Tom...we're gonna take a break...

Stuttering John: (laughing) what the hell was that?

HS: I don't know...

Tom: I'm singing Jane Says, man

Ahhh, I love these.

(Not sure if I should post the Youtube clip. Will it get taken down?)

Tracy likes this.
  2. wigtropolis

wigtropolis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That is interesting if true

3. NotMyBro

NotMyBro VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    You know who the true prophet is when it comes to Stern and who called him out on air first?

CRAZY ALICE!

If you listen to her old calls, she said that Howard's gay, that he has a wig, that Ralph's blowing him, etc. And she went on air with this and said it all and kept repeating it every time they called her "crazy".

Tracy likes this.
  4. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Artie made a wig joke once - I can't remember the exact context.

5. Mr Pink

Reputations:
    Am I allowed to post the Youtube link? I can show where to find it.

6. Bethstampon

Bethstampon Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    When 6iahca the obese bull dog fell inthe pool Howard said he panicked and thought abut all the stuff he would have to take off to jump in...shoes, wallet, phone...Artie said "your hair".

It was during months long passive aggressive Howard commenting on Artie needing to take a nap, etc.

Tracy likes this.
  7. Mr Pink

Reputations:
    Yeah but she wouldn't really know. Staffers and some celebrity insiders should be pretty credible.

8. BubbleBeet

BubbleBeet Active Member

Reputations:
    on the revelations show (when stern admitted to the nose and neck flap surgery) bababoey came in and asked if howard had work done on his hair, i think he even mentioned noticing his hair thinning before. howard said no and they then discussed how they couldnt imagine him wearing a bandana like hulk hogan.

9. NotMyBro

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;EzJap1RBFjI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzJap1RBFjI[/video]

It's not like any of them know either. Only Ralph knows and maybe Robin because he's so close to her. But the rest are clearly not clued in. Gary swore on the lives of his children the other day that Howard doesn't wear a wig.

10. Mr Pink

Reputations:
    Good point...

11. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    She was my favorite all time caller/guest.

12. Mazley

Mazley Black Knight Banned User

Reputations:
    Always loved hi fred at the end.

13. greyt

greyt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    a while back I posted this video of Buzzo from the Melvins making fun of Howard's "hair". go to 12:00 in to hear it. add King Buzzo to the wig list.

[video=youtube;gDR3MlWZnzo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDR3MlWZnzo&feature=player_embedded#t=717[/video]

14. Mulletude

Mulletude I'm Big In The Hate Club, Ya Know VIP

Reputations:
    [QUOTE

It's not like any of them know either. Only Ralph knows and maybe Robin because he's so close to her. But the rest are clearly not clued in. Gary swore on the lives of his children the other day that Howard doesn't wear a wig.[/QUOTE]

But Gary doesn't like his kids very much, so we can't depend on that oath.

15. Mr Pink

Reputations:
    Good one!

Reminds me of a phone interview Howie did with the Melvins drummer. Pretty much took a shit on him and was totally clueless as the influence this band had on the emergence of (I hate the term) 'grunge' rock. If Howie was true rock and roll, he would know who these guys are.

BTW, this host is a trip, seen him a couple of times before. Don't know his bands. Not that great of an interviewer.

16. NotMyBro

Reputations:
    Howard's wig is his most closely guarded secret. I don't think anyone in the studio has seen him without his wig. Only Toni and Ralph know the truth 100% (Ralph probably did his hair before Toni was hired so he knows what the deal is).

Robin hasn’t seen him without the wig, Fred definitely not. And Wig's not even close to Gary for him to know. Rest of the staff don't even see him often because they have to stay in their offices when Wig is coming and going out of the studio (except for that creative meeting and even then it's in dark and Wig's far away).

Same here! Her outbursts are hilarious!

Also, that clip above in which Artie says "YOUR HAIR" is hilarious! Wig was clearly taken aback and you can hear it in his voice. :haha:

17. greyt

greyt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    yeah, howard was pretty dismissive of Dale and couldn't believe he was happy playing in the Melvins....he wouldn't shut up about Nirvana.

and the interviewer in that clip is Ian Svenonius from the band Nation of Ulysses. he's playing a character during those interviews but he's a pretty weird guy in real life too.

18. Dreamking

Dreamking The dogs of doom are howlin' low...

Reputations:

The definitive comments on Howard's hair came with Jerry Seinfeld's "Comedians in Cars".

Jerry makes at least FOUR references to Howard's hair during the ride to the restaurant, with the final nail being Jerry's introduction of Howard's "hair stylist" Toni on set at the diner. (episode is apprx 14 minutes)

Jerry (wisely) never makes a direct comment on Howard's wig. He simply slides in so many comments on Howard's "hair" obsession, that it is obvious that he's goofing on Howard.

The Coup de Grace is Jerry's reveal of Toni at the diner. He chose that as the final shot just to illustrate how vain and insecure Howard is/was about his hair.

Tracy likes this.
  19. Mr Pink

Reputations:
    Listened to quite a bit of hardcore back in the day and that band was never on my radar.
    Didn't know he was playing a character. Fells kind of awkward.

20. Mr Pink

Reputations:
    I figure that when they were standing over him at the console during breaks, they might have seen something under those bright TV lights.