CDC REMOVE 2 FROM NEWARK FLIGHT AFTER POSSIBLE EBOLA SCARE

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by RumBalls, Oct 4, 2014.

1. RumBalls

RumBalls The original RumBalls, est. Jan 16, 2012

Reputations:
    Saturday, October 04, 2014
    NEWARK --
    CDC officials have removed passengers from a plane that landed in Newark Saturday afternoon following a possible Ebola scare.

United flight 998 from Brussels landed at Newark Airport and has been met by Centers for Disease Control officials based in Newark after passengers on board, believed to be from Liberia, exhibited possible signs of Ebola. The passenger was displaying flu-like symptoms.

The flight was scheduled to land around noon.

Officials with the CDC removed two passengers from the plane. A man had been traveling with his daughter and both were removed by a CDC crew in full HAZMAT gear.

The airline issued a statement confirming that crew needed to assist an ill customer. "Upon arrival at Newark Airport from Brussels, medical professionals instructed that customers and crew of United flight 988 remain on board until they could assist an ill customer. We are working with authorities and will accommodate our customers as quickly as we can," said a statement from the airline."

Other passengers remained aboard but were eventually allowed to deplane around 2 p.m.

http://7online.com/health/cdc-investigating-possible-ebola-scare-on-newark-flight-/336774/

smichal likes this.
  2. Brokenbad

Brokenbad Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's not so funny now, is it.

[​IMG]

3. wife is a whore

wife is a whore Stripped of POTY for butthurting staff VIP

Reputations:
    Aw fuck. Burn em. The have incinerators at all international airports, so just burn em.

P.S. No colored hookers in north Jersey for me for a while :( Better safe than sorry.

Reggae Mistress and Brokenbad like this.
  4. Psyche

Psyche Freethinker

Reputations:
  5. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Alot of Reggies in Newark.

6. SIPAWITZ

SIPAWITZ Bialy Whore Banned User

Reputations:
    Still not worried

7. BuffaloTom

BuffaloTom Closed By User Banned User

Reputations:
    Good thing that this illness isn't contagious. Our government has us protected, nothing to fear.

Mantis, 1Vegasgirl, Ingens and 3 others like this.
  8. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Can ANYONE PLEASE tell me why the fuck Obama and our government haven't closed down air traffic out of West Africa into the U.S.? First the guy in Dallas, then potentially one in DC and MD (luckily not but could've been) and 2 more in NJ. They aren't gonna be able to dodge these bullets.

Fucking bullshit that travel wasn't restricted a fuckin month ago.

And you think these people aren't gonna lie when asked if they've been in contact with Ebola victims?' Like the Dallas fuck, they know they'll get better treatment here and could give a fuck who else they infect or endanger.

Thanks obama.

9. Ingens

Ingens VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    It isn't politically correct.

Mantis and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  10. Ingens

Ingens VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  11. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Good point. We don't want to risk offending anyone over something like a deadly disease. I'm sorry, I was thinking logically, not liberally.

isabella, Ingens and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  12. 2 2 Toothie

2 2 Toothie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's not only in West Africa. Don't engage in delusional thinking because you delay the inevitable reality that we either survive or die together. We don't live in a bubble, so you cannot keep everyone out. Reminds me of the initial AIDs epidemic during the San Francisco days. Eventually forced to address the issue. And Ebola began during the Reagan administration. So if you think it wasn't in the U.S until Obama, you better go read your history book. This isn't a democrat or republican, conservative or liberal issue. But if it makes you feel better, okay by me. :depressed:

13. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    Can't cut off travel from Liberia because, you know, slavery.
    On Anderson Cooper 360 Thursday, Ebola expert David Quammen argued that America had a “responsibility” to allow people from Liberia to fly into the country because of the legacy of American slavery.

Quammen, author of Ebola and Spillover, has been making the rounds on news outlets over the last few weeks as an expert on the history of Ebola. Thursday, Quammen offered Cooper his opinion on the proper American response to the epidemic:

Quammen: You can’t isolate neighborhoods, you can’t isolate nations. It doesn’t work. And people talk about, "Well, we shouldn’t allow any flights from Liberia." I mean, we in America, how dare we turn our backs on Liberia given the fact that this is a country that was founded in the 1820s, 1830s because of American slavery. We have a responsibility to stay connected to them and help them see this through."

Beginning in 1820, thousands of freed African-American slaves colonized a patch of western Africa with the help of prominent American abolitionists. They named that nation ”Liberia,” modeling their flag and political institutions after the United States.

Gunslinger and HORSETOOTHED like this.
  14. BuffaloTom

BuffaloTom Closed By User Banned User

Reputations:
    Obama should show us how safe we are. He should fill Air force One with his family and friends, fly to Nigeria and sit down for a few friendly days visiting the hospitals, schools, and community centers.

15. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    Are they gonna have those next to the air sick bag now?

Brokenbad and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  16. XXXL yoga pants

XXXL yoga pants Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    LOL. Almost everything here is dead wrong. Ebola had been contained to West Africa prior to this week. Ebola began in the 70s, not during the Reagan administration. There was never a case in the U.S. until this week. So go get your fucking shinebox and your history book you mincing retard.

17. Chibbs

Chibbs Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    TROOF!

I had a connect at DFW this Thrusday and I can tell you the CDC iwas NO WHERE TO BE FOUND at the airport.
    It's running like it's business as usual.

At least the President of Liberia had it right when she openly criticized the guy in Dallas calling him 'selfish' for traveling while he knew he was sick and risking so many lives.

Obama once again proves he's in WAY over his head.

18. 2 2 Toothie

2 2 Toothie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Not true. Just because you believe everything you read and hear in the media doesn't mean it is true. Have family member in the Center for Disease Control and one in the Pentagon. Do you? And hiding behind your new screen name won't win any points. Cursing me doesn't matter and you won't intimidate me either. Back off. I HAVE SPOKEN.:snicker:

19. Chibbs

Chibbs Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Then let's have that liberal shithead house them in HIS place.

Once again we have indisputable proof that liberalism is a mental disorder.
    It is a crutch for those who can't handle common sense.

20. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    what about all the other passengers on that flight?

1Vegasgirl likes this.