Cecil the lion's killer revealed as American dentist

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by EndOfLine, Jul 28, 2015.

1. EndOfLine

EndOfLine PLATINUM SPONSOR VIP

Reputations:
    EXCLUSIVE: A Minnesota father of two is discovered to be the hunter who shot dead Cecil – one of Zimbabwe's most loved lions

[​IMG]

Cecil the lion – the most famous creature in one of Zimbabwe's national parks – was killed by an American hunter who has boasted about shooting a menagerie of animals with his bow and arrow, The Telegraph can reveal.

Walter Palmer, a dentist from Minnesota, is believed to have paid £35,000 to shoot and kill the much-loved lion with a bow and arrow. The animal was shot on July 1 in Hwange National Park. Two independent sources have confirmed the hunter's identity to the paper, which has also seen a copy of the relevant hunting permit.

[​IMG]
    Cecil was a popular attraction among visitors to the Hwange National Park (AFP)

“What he’ll tell you is that he had the proper legal permits and he had hired several professional guides, so he’s not denying that he may be the person who shot this lion. He is a big-game hunter; he hunts the world over.”

During the hunt – which the organisers later admitted was badly carried out – it was alleged that Cecil was lured at night about half a mile out of the national park using bait, and then shot with a bow and arrow. The next day he was found wounded by the hunters and killed, before being beheaded and skinned.

Animals cannot be killed within the confines of the park. The hunters then removed his collar – further contravening park rules.

The professional hunter, Theo Bronkhorst, said he reported the "mistake" to the Parks and Wildlife Management Authority the following day, and it is now being investigated. The landowner bordering the national park has been charged - along with Mr Bronkhorst. Both are due to appear in court on August 6.

On Tuesday, Zimbabwe National Parks issued a statement confirming the charges.

"Theo Bronkhorst, a professional hunter with Bushman Safaris, is facing criminal charges for allegedly killing a collared lion on Antoinette farm in Gwayi Conservancy, Hwange district on 1 July 2015," the statement said.

[​IMG]
    Cecil the lion in Hwange, Zimbabwe

"All persons implicated in this case are due to appear in court facing poaching charges.

"Both the professional hunter and land owner had no permit or quota to justify the offtake of the lion and therefore are liable for the illegal hunt."

Mr Bronkhorst, who will appear at Hwange magistrates court on Wednesday, said he was unaware of Cecil's fame.

"It was a magnificent, mature lion. We did not know it was well-known lion. I had a licence for my client to shoot a lion with a bow and arrow in the area where it was shot," he said.

Mr Rodrigues said the authorities in Zimbabwe were troubled by events.

"There's considerable embarrassment about this - the Americans have banned the import of elephant trophies," he said. "We believe the head and pelt are still in Bulawayo.

"They should be charged with poaching," he said. "If you're a local and you kill an animal without a licence you get between two and five years in prison."

Mr Palmer, the client, describes himself as coming from North Dakota and having "a unique talent for creating dazzling smiles that complement each individuals tooth structure, skin tone, and facial attributes." A request for comment left with his office had not yet been returned on Tuesday.

His website states that: "Anything allowing him to stay active and observe and photograph wildlife is where you will find Dr Palmer when he not in the office."

He also has a well-documented fondness for shooting wild animals around the globe.

[​IMG]
    Mr Palmer with a leopard, shot in Zimbabwe in 2010

[​IMG]
    Walt Palmer, middle, with the "world record" white rhino killed by bow in South Africa. Mr Palmer is pictured with Pierre Vorster, a professional hunter

"He came to Spain to hunt with us four or five years ago," said Guiseppe Carrizosa, a professional hunter based in Madrid. Mr Carrizosa told The Telegraph that Mr Palmer and his wife travelled to Europe to shoot chamois, fallow deer and ibex, among other animals. Mr Palmer's reputation is such that he was listed as a client on Mr Carrizosa's website, to publicise the tours.

"He was a real expert shot," Mr Carrizosa said. "Bow hunting attracts people because there is much more stalking involved; you have to get very close. With a gun you can kill an animal from hundreds of metres."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ions-killer-revealed-as-American-dentist.html

:shoveit:

These assholes who pay money to sport kill animals should be strung up. Fucking dickheads.

2. Dirty South

Dirty South Large Member

Reputations:
    Makes me very sad. I hope this fucker loses his practice.

3. Dirty South

Dirty South Large Member

Reputations:
    And I'm a big hunter's advocate, btw.

Guys like this asshole give every hunter a bad name.

4. AcquiringSignal

AcquiringSignal Girthy VIP

Reputations:
    The reviews are coming in:

CrucifiedAGT, Pooh bear, Tish and 9 others like this.
  5. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    Scumbag. I really dislike dentists, seriously. There's something really wrong with the whole lot of us.

6. Bye You!

Reputations:
    I wonder if he posts on the dental message board I belong to. :evil:

7. wife is a whore

wife is a whore Stripped of POTY for butthurting staff VIP

Reputations:
    I hope the guy makes a nice coat out of the lion. That would be bad ass. Tiger/cheetah would be too flashy.

Pelicanman and Skipnoid like this.
  8. wife is a whore

wife is a whore Stripped of POTY for butthurting staff VIP

Reputations:
  9. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Missouri Boat Ride

Reputations:
  10. DuckDong

DuckDong VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Nature's cruel I get that .... BUT

If this is how you spend your money and time to travel the world and kill things... Id be doing a hard long back ground check on this dude... wtf ?

11. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    Trophy hunters are faggots.

12. Gusbuss

Gusbuss VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Where is isis when you need them? Slice his head off

13. Stew Nod

Stew Nod Hello VIP

Reputations:
    Fucking scumbag

Humans are so god damn embarrassing

14. MrPPV

MrPPV The Shed Stopper

Reputations:
    You know you fucked up when everyone here can agree you're a scumbag

15. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    I hope you do it for a purpose other that just to say you shot something.

John Sterling and Limo Wreck like this.
  16. JRoyle411

JRoyle411 I want to live in a hamburger bun.

Reputations:
    They're not all dentists.....sometimes they look like this little psychotic biscuit.....and I am equal parts disgusted.....and turned on.

[​IMG]

Wiggy, stash and IfTheyOnlyKnew like this.
  17. June DeMay

June DeMay Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm pro gun, pro hunter but if you shoot to kill and don't use the meat to it's fullest you're a pig who should be hunted down and killed.

18. Just Me

Just Me VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    It wasn't a fucking mistake how the animal was lured out. These fuck faces pay money to go and kill anything they want. "Hunting"? No. It's not fuckin hunting when you're just standing around killing things that are presented to you. That cat knew how to hunt... this fake toothed faggot needs his weapons to kill with. The cat suffered with an arrow in it. What a piece of shit.
    If I wouldn't go to prison then I'd like to find this cunt and smash his hands with a hammer until they were no longer hands. Then I'd like to see him hunt.

19. Bye You!

Reputations:
    Or practice dentistry.

smichal, IfTheyOnlyKnew and Just Me like this.
  20. Just Me

Just Me VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Yup, that too. I hope his patients all leave him but they won't.

IfTheyOnlyKnew likes this.