Entertainment Cedar Point reportedly quietly removing...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HS Cult Leader, Feb 15, 2016.

1. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    Cedar Point reportedly quietly removing its water ride
    Published February 12, 2016

[​IMG]

Shoot the Rapids is quietly being dismantled. (Cedar Point)

A park known for its extreme rides is quietly dismantling a popular water ride.

The Sandusky Register is reporting that Cedar Point is removing its Shoot the Rapids water ride.

The newspaper reports workers began dismantling the large ride this week although the park has not confirmed the move.

“Our focus is on the construction of Valravn, our record-breaking dive coaster,” park spokesman Tony Clark told the Register. “We have not announced any changes regarding our current ride lineup.”

The Valravn is new record-breaking roller coaster to open later in 2016. When it opens it will claim 10 different world records, including tallest dive coaster, at 223 feet, fastest dive coaster, at 75 mph and longest dive coaster at 3,415 feet,

Meanwhile, Shoot the Rapids is called an “aggressive thrill ride” that takes passengers through a Wild West themed series of splashes and twists and turns.

In 2013, guests were injured on Shoot the Rapids when a boat malfunctioned and its boats traveled backward down a lift hill and struck another boat and flipped over.

The inspection revealed two safety features never engaged: one designed to prevent boats from coming off the track, the other to prevent boats from rolling backward.

2. CCMaguire

CCMaguire Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I haven't been there in over 10 years. I guess I've outgrown coasters.

3. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    Screen Shot 2016-02-15 at 7.41.11 AM.png

I wonder what the local fire chief is thinking when he looks at this fucking thing. :jj:

I'm sure rescuing six or eight people is a lot of fun when one of these cars gets stuck upside down ten stories in the air. But can you just imagine having to pull down 32?

4. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Why don't they ever make these things so that they travel the entire park or last more than 30 seconds. Nothing is worse than waiting in an hour long line for a 30 second rode

kingship likes this.
  5. ljc

ljc fish sucks on the stick Gold

Reputations:
    they are replacing it with Larry land it cost a small fortune to attend. but tickets are sold out for years advance . the @LawyerLarry ride had to be shut down because peoples minds were being blown because it was as close to being a god as a mortal you could get. @ClintDagger space mountain ride is for ladies only and they must be over 18. another very popular ride is the @ShutUpSitDown experience it allows you to look through the eyes of a true genius and see the world for what it really is, most say it's life changing . the concession stands all sell @EDDIEVRULZ famous ale which exclusive to the park only. Larry Land as close to Larry inc. as you will ever get.

6. lestanyonethink

lestanyonethink Hey, how do I know Connie? VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I figured it was because of voluminous waterborne pathogens.

7. kinneyjames

kinneyjames Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Cedar point used to be a summer highlight when I was a kid. Big fun. Better than Disney or six flags.