Chances That It's Over for Artie?

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by ltd86, Dec 19, 2013.

1. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Last year at this time, the show was sent on an irreparable downward spiral with the firing of DiPaolo. Anyone think that Artie's absence is him giving a final fuck you to DirecTv or DirecTV getting an early start on a new show?

I would in no way be surprised if the execs think that a mario cantone/ jon ritchie show is better entertainment than artie and nick, or even just artie.

I put the chances of Artie not returning at 43%.

2. ilovebacon

ilovebacon Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Artie called off again tonight. I wonder if he got Howard's Xmas card & that sent him back to heroin. It would be a valid reason :puke:

[​IMG]

3. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Bring back Nick DiPaolo?

4. Death Smack

Death Smack Active Member

Reputations:
    AMENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN they should have never fired Nick in the first place, if Nick stayed and Artie left this show would be humming along great

5. jgard

jgard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I missed the opening of the show, what was the excuse tonight

6. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He's a giant drug addict.

7. crimsonking

crimsonking New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    The show remains mired in obscurity, despite having books and appearances. He's probably already quit the show mentally anyway. Chances of him not returning over 75%.

8. Death Smack

Reputations:
    He probably knew he was going to leave after his book came out and he mentioned this book when Nick was still around, pretty sure the book was in its infant stage, I may be wrong but if Artie's plan was to bail why didn't he leave and let Nick stay?
    If Nick stayed this show would still be on track in my opinion, I have a feeling some Canuckistanian will disagree but oh well

9. crimsonking

crimsonking New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Either he and Nick fell out really hard, or Artie is just one of the most selfish fuckers around. He's a sidekick, letting him be the front man was foolish.

10. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I would be shocked if Artie doesn't finish out the present contract. Why would he leave all that money on the table? Obviously he's an addict and just doesn't give a shit about the show, besides the $$. He's on cruise control right now.

If Nick was still there, the show would be just as shitty as it is now. It started to suck as soon as they moved to the new studio. It speaks volumes that Mario fucking Cantone can take Artie's place hosting this faggy show. DTV wants a sports themed Tonight Show knock off. Anyone can come in and do that job as long as they know to ask the crappy bands who their influences are or ask one of the unfunny comedians if they "do the road". None of this is a knock on Artie (or Nick), they're just doing as they were told. I wonder if Nick and Artie were made aware of the direction the show was going to take as soon as they went to TV when they first signed up for this.

11. Death Smack

Reputations:
    If DTV was hard set on a sports theme then Nick would have been better, Nick follows sports and Artie's only interest in sports comes from his gambling days, Artie still follows the skankees somewhat but Artie is obsessed with the A-Rod saga more than anything
    I agree on the studio bullshit, as soon as they got into the studio is when they started having the retarded bands in. The bands do one thing and that is make the show shorter because as soon as they show the band warming up i hit FF and keep going until they come back from the next break
    I thought the current contract is up right around Christmas of this year, or is it up around Christmas of 2014?

And for God's sake, dump those fucking skits by Brock, I just seen the Bieber skit and it is fucking terrible

12. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
  13. Asshat

Asshat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Maybe he's sick this time. Unlike the last time, when he showed up the very next day seeming fine. Whatever. Hasn't he always said that the holidays are a rough time for him?

14. motar

motar New Member

Reputations:
    Bad shit happens during and around break:
    2009 Exit from the Stern Show.
    Summer 2012 Arrested in Paris
    Winter 2012 Nick Dipaolo exits the Nick and Artie Show.

I think the Teddy fight also happened right before a vacation.

15. Wigster

Wigster Member

Reputations:
    Nick mentions Artie all the time on his podcast. It's clear that he holds no animosity toward him and they're most likely friends. Friends get bitchy after being around each other long enough.

16. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    In my opinion Nick's leaving had nothing to do with Artie.

Direct tv approached Nick and told him to tone down the political commententary (and Obama jokes in particular).

Nick (sensing that they were only doing this because of his political views) then told them to fuck off and he left

17. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Agreed. I've heard artie telling stories that involved having talked to nick recently.

I think they either told nick to stop and he quit or they warned him a bunch of times and he didn't stop, leading to his firing.

18. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Nick hasn't "evolved" yet, that's why he was fired. DTV can't make all that sweet cash by having a show that caters to just us degenerates. They need broads, gays, everyone else to watch (listen to) the show in order to get the most advertising as possible. Artie was willing to do what they wanted like a good boy, Nick probably was his crusty old self and told them he aint changing. Plus the fact that Artie was the main draw, see ya later Nicky.

The fact that they barely acknowledge that the Nick and Artie Show existed says it all. They want nothing to do with such a "mean" show. Obviously they told Artie to cut off any references to the old show. Just the other day Falato was talking about Bill Curtis not getting paid for the rejoinders (ha ha that's funny, cheap ass DTV) and Artie cut him off really quick, saying that they didn't need to hear Bill's whole biography.

I wonder what the state of comedy will be in the future. Knock knock jokes? Saying anything offensive about anyone or any group is going to be a thing of the past pretty soon.

19. lilbuddy67

lilbuddy67 A man with breath-taking anger management issues Banned User

Reputations:
    How does anyone know he wasn't scheduled to be off? Do they show an explanation on screen?

20. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations: