Charles Metzger from PennDot is Captain Janks

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MutteringJohn, Mar 5, 2015.

1. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Was just watching Action News channel 6 Philadelphia and I swear Charles Metzger from PennDot on the phone was Captain Janks. The guy was stumbling over his words. I waited for the punchline and there was none. It's possible it was cut off before he said it. Janks, if this was you please confirm. I know Janks voice and there was no way it wasn't him. It's a day made for Janks, 6-10 inches of snow all day.

Beffquus likes this.
  2. Beffquus

Beffquus Scripta sunt in stellis Gold

Reputations:
    Funny - I thought so, too, at first, but then Charlie gave a full report. I think Janks would have pulled the trigger at a couple of points. There is a spokesman named Charles Metzget at PennDot so I'm guessing the station called him.

Not minding seeing Erin O'Hearn at this hour...

3. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's Janks MO. He calls the stations as someone who is in position. Metzger is public relations spokesman for PennDot. Sure sounded like Janks.

4. Beffquus

Beffquus Scripta sunt in stellis Gold

Reputations:
    Yep - but it only works if Janks does the calling. I would bet the station called him since it was a scheduled segment.

Charlie has the typical Philly accent - just like Janks. Totally agree it sounded like him - so much so that I stopped what I was doing and hit Record on the DVR - just in case.