Cheap Trick were so bad ass

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by greyt, Oct 27, 2013.

1. greyt

greyt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    not remotely Howard related but I'm drunk and want to remind everyone how awesome cheap trick are. [video=youtube;h4YcVMNhVCQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4YcVMNhVCQ[/video]

2. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    saw them live several times. a great band

3. slats7

slats7 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    always loved the pudgy drummer who looked like an accountant. he used to smoke and drum at the same time.

4. TheWonk

TheWonk POTY Music Forum Gold

Reputations:
    Amaaaaaazing band. Very underrated, IMO. They've put out many great albums but all people know is "I want you to want me" and "Surrender".

5. koclem

koclem .|..O..|. VIP Banned User

Reputations:
    I mixed stage monitors for them for a few shows in the 90's, had a blast. I still have some of these guitar picks floating around somewhere

[​IMG]

6. koclem

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;7yRRqxJHQmA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yRRqxJHQmA[/video]

7. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;5UGAB7DMIRk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UGAB7DMIRk[/video]

8. gd9tsd9tas9sa9

gd9tsd9tas9sa9 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    me too rick nielson is underated

9. gd9tsd9tas9sa9

gd9tsd9tas9sa9 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    i dont think bun e is with them anymore is that him on the pick?

10. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Worked their 'Dream Police" Tour.....They played "Highway to Hell" "Night Prowler" And "The Girls Got Rhythm" For their sound check....'Twas too cool for words..........

11. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    wait aren't they suing bun e carlos for some bullshit??

[​IMG]

12. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    nm everyone is suing everyone.... what a shame

13. TheWonk

Reputations:
    That's Rick Nielsen on the pick. I have a few of those too. I tihnk they're ones he was using mid to late 90's. Bun E. is actually suing them now because about 3 years ago he supposedly retired from touring but was still part of the band (Rick's son has been doing a great job on the drums). But he's claiming they owe him marbles. And now they're countersuing. "Ain't that a shame" to see a band that for the most part kept the same lineup for almost 40 years come apart like this.

July:
    With apologies to a song from 1979’s Dream Police, the Cheap Trick house is rockin’ with domestic problems. Drummer Bun E. Carlos—who stopped touring with the still-spry Rockford, Illinois, power-pop act several years ago, leaving under mysterious circumstances—and the band’s former manager, David Frey, are suing the other three band members (vocalist Robin Zander, guitarist Rick Nielsen, and bassist Tom Petersson) in Cook County Court.
    According to Courthouse News Service, the lawsuit stems from the “defendants' outright refusal to account for, or pay, hundreds of thousands of dollars which are owed to each of the plaintiffs, or to otherwise comply with their obligations to plaintiffs." The filing alleges that the entire quartet agreed Carlos “is no longer required” to tour with Cheap Trick, but agreed that he would still be a full member of the group. The suit claims that the terms of that agreement were not fulfilled, and now the band owes Carlos “hundreds of thousands of dollars” because they refused “to allow Carlos to participate in any of the activities of the band"—including making a new studio album. Frey also alleges that he and his firm, Silent Partner Management, have yet to see the $160,000 that was owed in June 2012, when he was let go. (The suit also notes that "pursuant to the terms of the unanimous consent agreement, this purported termination is null and void because Carlos did not consent to it.”)
    In the years since Cheap Trick’s 2010 statement on Carlos’ touring status (“Bun E. Carlos is not currently the touring drummer for Cheap Trick. Bun E. remains a band member. Everyone is healthy and Cheap Trick will continue to tour as planned”), relations between the two camps have deteriorated. Rick Nielsen’s son, Daxx, has been the touring drummer since, and in 2012, Carlos said of his bandmates, “I don’t hear from them. I prefer to be out on the road performing with them. Maybe we’ll kiss and make up. I like recording new songs, but I don’t think that’s going to happen with those guys.”

September: I guess they don't feel like kissing and making up?
    The members of Cheap Trick have fired back against a lawsuit that was recently filed by their exiled drummer, Bun E. Carlos.
    Carlos, a founding member of the band who’s been out of the touring lineup since 2010 but was — until recently — still believed to technically be part of Cheap Trick, is taking the group to court for “among other things, refusing to allow Carlos to participate in any of the activities of the band (including the recording of a new studio album), entering into numerous contracts on behalf of the Cheap Trick Companies without Carlos’s consent and otherwise preventing Carlos from participating in the management and operations of the Cheap Trick Companies.”
    According to the defendants, however, Carlos is out of line. Classic Rock Magazine reports that the other three members of the band — singer Robin Zander, guitarist Rick Nielsen and bassist Tom Petersson — have countersued Carlos, alleging that he “was removed as a director of Cheap Trick Unlimited, Inc. and two other corporations in a valid manner.”
    As Classic Rock Magazine’s report notes, this is all a bit confusing, given that Cheap Trick’s only public statement until now has been the 2010 announcement stating that “Bun E. Carlos is not currently the touring drummer for Cheap Trick. Bun E. remains a band member. Everyone is healthy and Cheap Trick will continue to tour as planned.”
    No matter who’s at fault, Cheap Trick will be spending a lot of money on legal fees in the near future. Carlos’ lawsuit was filed in tandem with one from the band’s former manager, who’s claiming he’s owed a large sum in unpaid debts and fees, and the group is also suing the Ottawa Bluesfest for damages stemming from thestage collapse that occurred during their set at the 2011 festival.

[video=youtube;oOAl2TKBA0w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOAl2TKBA0w[/video]

14. koclem

Reputations:
    what type of work did you do?

15. koclem

Reputations:
    :facepalm:

[​IMG]

16. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

The flame

17. TheWonk

Reputations:
    Why the facepalm? ricdiculus asked if that was Bun on the pick. I simply mentioned that no, it's Rick.

18. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Local Security for the venue.........

19. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    I saw CT last year when they opened up for Aerosmith. Bun E. was not there, obviously. Everyone was saying that he's having health problems, so that was the word on the street. I've seen the band 4-5 times and they were great every time. Great American Rock and Roll.

20. potroast

potroast Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Cheap Trick are more popular than the Beatles in Japan. :grad: