News Chicago YMCA inclusion statement- pick yer locker room!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MilkyDischarge, Jul 24, 2016.

1. MilkyDischarge

MilkyDischarge Se suelto el diablo Gold

Reputations:
    what do you think? Mailed to all members as well. Would you keep your family membership? See bold below.

July 13, 2016

The Y is committed to providing programs and services that are inclusive and welcoming to all, which includes maintaining an environment free from any form of discrimination, harassment, intimidation or retaliation. We value an environment that fosters respect, fairness, and appreciation for all aspects of diversity.

To support this, the Y:

• Promises equality and inclusion for all, consistent with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and other applicable laws.
    • Shares the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility and supports member diversity in every sense, including gender identity.
    • Ensures that participation in programs and services is open to all members regardless of an individual’s race, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, income, faith, ability, sexual orientation or cultural background.
    • Supports every member having the opportunity to use the locker room and restroom they select based on their gender identity, or private facilities--as available--if that is their preference. Where not yet available, we are in the process of adding them.
    We recognize our commitment in support of the rights of all individuals can cause some to feel uncomfortable and can raise questions about safety. I want you to know that the safety of all members and guests is always our primary concern at the Y. Let me be clear: the expanded inclusion policy doesn’t give anyone a new opportunity to behave inappropriately.

We are continuing our proven security measures, including continual monitoring of our facilities, to ensure the safety and rights of all members. As always, if we see evidence of or receive a report of anyone who is acting out-of-line or appears suspicious in our facility, we will promptly take appropriate action. It’s our goal for all members to thrive at the Y, and this is why we will do our best to support each of you while maintaining a safe environment that reflects the inclusive values we share.

If you have any questions or concerns about our diversity and inclusion guidelines, please contact your Center’s Executive Director. Our goal is to ensure that all members feel welcome and valued at the Y.

2. irvin

irvin Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    As a kid I wished I had invisibility so I could look at naked ladies in the locker room. Now I just have to say I'm one. Finally losers are getting some rights!

MilkyDischarge and Shivvy like this.
  3. bluedevil30

bluedevil30 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    My local Y has a special locker room for young kids (boys) and their Dads - no single adult males allowed. Women have their own locker room and adult males have theirs.

I wonder why they need that?

4. MilkyDischarge

MilkyDischarge Se suelto el diablo Gold

Reputations:
    There are adult-only Ys in the area, which is where the policy was enacted. Then two people complained that it should be for all area Ys, and this is what we get.
    Kids shouldn't be sheltered forever, but I wouldn't ant to have to explain to a young child why the wrong gender is in the locker room.

5. Hal E. Burton

Hal E. Burton Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

irvin and SorryBoff like this.
  6. Zyro

Zyro Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Bye You! likes this.
  7. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations: