Chris "Mad Dog" Russo new three year contract with Sirius

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MutteringJohn, Sep 1, 2013.

1. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Chris Russo signed a new three year contract with Sirius. I believe this will be his last contract with Sirius because it is only for three years. His show hours have been cut from 2-7 M-F to 3-6. He is doing a new 1 hour baseball show that will simulcast on the MLB Network between 2-3pm daily starting in 2014. His channel has been revamped with new shows. Dan Patrick's show has been move to the Mad Dog Channel. It is believed that Chris took a pay cut which would make sense since he is working less hours. On a sadder note Russo's father Tony passed away last week at age 82. He called in to the show many times going back to when Chris worked with Mike on WFAN. Chris is supposed to be back Tuesday.

If Howard signs another contract with Sirius I will be shocked if it is for any longer than 3 years just like the Mad Dog. Russo has made a lot of money. 15 million for the last five years and probably around six million for the next three as it is rumored he took a salary cut. He was probably making a $1 million+ a year at WFAN. He was never going to get three million a year from Sirius again. His show didn't have the ratings. You think Howard will ever see anything North of $30 million a year if he signs another contract. Sirius has to be losing tens of millions on Howard's contract right now.
    No way any subscriber is keeping their contract with Sirius to listen to Howard a couple of days a week when he is not on vacation. The "Dog's contract is probably cost effective. He is being paid what he is worth. Stern is just stealing money. He knows it. Sirius knows it. No one and I repeat no one will ever offer Howard big money again.

2. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    howard would never accept a contract for 30 million which includes any live shows. even only doing 1 live show a week, he'd want at least 50 million because that's what oprah got. even then, i'll bet he'd want to do the show from home. sirius surely knows the numbers of those still listening and how much they dropped once he went to 3 days. and then 2 days. i can't fathom a contract which both sides would find agreeable. i will be extremely surprised if howard continues with live in-studio shows on sirius after this contract. i won't be surprised at all if howard gets to grab a few more sirius marbles by allowing them to keep a channel or two with his name that will continue to air the old tapes and other bullshit like they do now. there's a dollar amount that would make that worth something to sirius. no matter what that amount is, howard would be stupid to think he could get more elsewhere. my wish is that sirius makes no offer. just say nothing until he contacts them and they can just say the company (or is it companies, robin?) have evolved in a different direction. like in the direction of hiring people who haven't frivolously sued them for 300 million.

3. SEGA

SEGA Permanent Vacation VIP

Reputations:
  4. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It wouldn't surprise me that Howard has about the same amount of listeners as "MadDog". How can you retain listeners when your only on the air one or two days a week. People find something else to listen to and it sure isn't tapes that they have heard dozen of times before. The fact that Sirius doesn't promote Howard anymore means that he would have to take a massive pay cut to stay there. Howard has the idea he can do a podcast and make huge money from it. A one day a week podcast. Isn't Adam Carolla giving his podcast away for free. Howard's massive ego will be crushed as he is faced with his employees losing their jobs or staying on with Sirius with a much smaller paycheck.

5. peterfonda

peterfonda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    (1) Chris Russo is a moron. I wouldn't listen to him for free on WFAN and sure won't listen to him now.
    (2) Is Dino Costa still on the Mad Dog channel? Because he is the only one I listen to. Steve Phillips can kiss my ass - he traded for Mo Vaughn and is a serial womanizer.
    (3) I doubt Sirius will give Howard another contract. People are already complaining about Howard on a daily basis. Who needs the headaches?

6. BeerCanThick

BeerCanThick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    1. SiriusXM realizes the bullshit has to stop. They offer an ultimatum...

"We won't talk marbles or contracts unless you agree to 4 days a week, 45 weeks a year.
    No breaks can be longer than 10 days. You have to hire a professional joke writer and a professional standup.
    There will be a Quality Clause in the contract. You will not be allowed to sell air-time for commercials."

2. The King of all Kitten Photographs tells them to fuck off. He thinks he has something lined up with NBC.
    Howard has jerk off fantasies of being Matt Laurer or Larry King.

3. That fails. It was only said to be polite at Hamptons parties. The podcast/sim card shit bombs.

4. Beth leaves Stern. Stern dies alone, choking on a bone in a piece of dried salmon.

The end!

7. UnElegant 1

UnElegant 1 Member

Reputations:
    Can't be anybody outside of New York that listens to that crap

8. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I couldn't stomach that mom jean wearing douche even when I was IN NYC..............

9. Snotty

Reputations:
    I'm wondering if he's getting the same "Yes Man" Treatment behind the scenes of AGT, Because there........He ain't the "Boff"..........

10. Snotty

Reputations:
    No doubt, But I'm wondering how the lower level of the AGT crew think of him.....Camera men, Runners, Make-up, Costume, Stage hands etc.