Chrissie Hynde tells it like it is

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Chrissie Hynde slammed for saying rape can be the victim's fault
    The Pretenders star's comments have been condemned by Victim Support

BBC [​IMG]
    Chrissie Hynde said if you are "being provocative, then you are enticing someone who's already unhinged"
    Singer Chrissie Hynde has been strongly criticised for saying that it can be a woman's fault if she is raped.

The Pretenders star, 63, said she blames herself for being forced to perform sexual acts under the threat of violence.

But her comments were condemned by the charity Victim Support who said that victims "should not blame themselves".

Aged 21, the star crossed paths with members of one of Ohio's leather-clad gangs who promised to take her to a party - but instead took her to an empty house, yet she claims to take "full responsibility".

She said: "Technically speaking, however you want to look at it, this was all my doing and I take full responsibility.

“You can't f*** about with people, especially people who wear 'I Heart Rape' and 'On Your Knees' badges... those motorcycle gangs, that's what they do.

"You can't paint yourself into a corner and then say whose brush is this? You have to take responsibility. I mean, I was naive..."

When asked whether the gang took advantage of her vulnerability, she replied: "If you play with fire you get burnt. It's not any secret, is it?"

Hynde went on to tell the Sunday Times magazine that women who dress provocatively while walking down the street drunk are also to blame if they are attacked.

"If I'm walking around in my underwear and I'm drunk? Who else's fault can it be?"

She explained: "If I'm walking around and I'm very modestly dressed and I'm keeping to myself and someone attacks me, then I'd say that's his fault. But if I'm being very lairy and putting it about and being provocative, then you are enticing someone who's already unhinged - don't do that. Come on! That's just common sense. You know, if you don't want to entice a rapist, don't wear high heels so you can't run from him.

"If you're wearing something that says 'Come and f*** me', you'd better be good on your feet... I don't think I'm saying anything controversial am I?"

But her comments were condemned by the charity Victim Support who said that victims "should not blame themselves".

Lucy Hastings, the charity's director, said: "Victims of sexual violence should never feel or be made to feel that they were responsible for the appalling crime they suffered - regardless of circumstances or factors which may have made them particularly vulnerable.

"They should not blame themselves or be blamed for failing to prevent an attack - often they will have been targeted by predatory offenders who are responsible for their actions.

"It is critical that nothing deters victims of sexual violence from coming forward to the police or to independent organisations so they can get the help and support they need."

2. JesusTwinsBiggestFan

JesusTwinsBiggestFan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :munch:

Ganggreen87 likes this.
  3. hypo666

hypo666 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't agree. Everyone should have common sense, and that goes for women ,it's rather like making sure you shut your windows and lock your door before you leave the house.Should you have to in an ideal world? no, but unfortunately we live amongst people who aren't all decent and law abiding. So women should be mindful of certain risks they are taking ,when they leave the house.

However, even in these morally depraved times,I don't see any young women dressed in their underwear walking the streets at night unless perhaps they are psychotic or on drugs. Do I see them dressed in very tight clothing ,short skirts yes. Is that being provactive? Is it a bit stupid? I would say so. But they aren't hurting anyone. Men who rape or sexually assault women are. I don't believe there is any excuse to put your hands on another person ever that isn't doing any harm to you . I think 100 percent of the fault goes on the rapist.

I know what counts as rape can be a grey area at times, when you have two drunk people and the girl regrets it in the morning, you have girls who out of maliciousness, or because of a boyfriend make up lies, that is a whole other thing and I think girls who lie like that should be put in prison they aren't any better than the men who actually rape to me .But actual rape, where someone physically forces someone into a sexual act, or drugs them up or a man deliberately gets a girl completely drunk ,then takes her home and rapes her ,no excuse for that ever and the victim cannot be blamed because a scum bag hates women that much,or gets a sexual kick out of forcing girls.

I mean imagine as a man ,you get really drunk, stagger home in a tight tshirt and jeans, and a group of men grab you put you in a car ,take you somewhere and rape you.Or you are at a party, get really drunk ,pass out and then some faggot sucks your cock.

It has happened. Should you have got so drunk at night you haven't your wits about you and are easy pickings for life's predators? no you shouldn't have ,but I don't think any man would blame another man if that happened to him. In fact most men on a jury if they could ,would completely find a man innocent if he beat to death a faggot who did that to him.

There are women like this, who do blame women in these situations,who have a serious problem with women who dress up in tight clothing and have casual sex . This is why sometimes men get off in court where there is a jury , the feminists don't like to talk about that of course. I think because these women perhaps try and rationalise something bad that happened to them earlier in their lives, because thinking you could have made different choices ,so it hadn't have happened makes you feel stronger. Or perhaps they have sons, and feel some kind of mothering instinct for the young man in court. If he is clean cut looking and attractive.

4. MrWarmth

MrWarmth ADORABLE DEPLORABLE Gold

Reputations:
    Shut up you old bag

5. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Hmmm ... it's a difficult line to draw. It's not the victim's "fault" ... however, why put yourself in a dangerous situation? Not everyone out there is kind & honorable ... unfortunately. :depressed:

6. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    That's a wrap!

Shortwave98, Thedomina and MrWarmth like this.
  7. unclefreddy

unclefreddy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If someone where's very flashy expensive jewelry, it does bring increased attention and if a thief sees it there is a much bigger risk of being robbed. Ultimately it is the perpetrator that is wrong, but it is something to think about. By the way the more scantily dressed the better, but I don't like tattoos.

8. Bristol Chicken

Bristol Chicken Free Range and Loving It Gold

Reputations:

Go back to Ohio.

greenchiclets and Joe Bauers like this.
  9. Thedomina

Thedomina Unfriendly

Reputations:
    Rape is an act of violence not sex

10. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin That Ass is Attached to Daniela Lopez Gold

Reputations:
    I am sure she will be 'clarifying' her comments.

11. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    One of the funniest things I ever saw.....Back when Chasity Bono was getting hormone treatments.....Cher wouldn't pay for them, So these two old
    women....The granola, Old hippie...Everything is beautiful types fronted Chasity the dinero......So Chasity gets the testosterone treatments and one
    morning over breakfast she tells the two old kumbahyaer's that she could now see why men were the animals that we are and she could see how
    hard it was to control the force behind it.....And you should have seen the looks on the faces of these two sob sisters.....You'd have thought Chasity had told them she had a gun and to strip and get ready for the rapin'..........The big mistake women always make is thinking that we are like them.......
    And just can't deal with the fact that we ain't...........

GIRLY likes this.
  12. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:

:winner:

13. Quedee

Quedee Wise Ass Extraordinaire

Reputations:
    She will be singing this tune real soon once the media sinks their teeth into her:
    The Pretenders-Don't Get Me Wrong

Woof and lestanyonethink like this.
  14. Honkey Donkey

Honkey Donkey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If that's what she thinks , whatever . God forbid anyone has an opinion in these times. She has a lot of wacky ideas . So what . Why does it matter ?

15. blindbella

blindbella Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He autobiography is coming out next week. Good publicity.

16. Honkey Donkey

Honkey Donkey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There you go. It was time for a stunt

17. blindbella

blindbella Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yep. And I'm going to read the book. Already have it preordered. I should get it on 9/8.

18. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    rut roh. we dont allow other points of view in America
    [​IMG]

Mike Huntslooce likes this.
  19. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    Then why is there an orgasm involved?

No one says that Shoplifting is not about sex, because there's no orgasm.

NyMarkNy, SouthernListen and Samurai like this.
  20. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    if you use your dick sex is involved

SouthernListen likes this.