christians bullying atheists

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by vaginapoosie, Feb 27, 2013.

1. vaginapoosie

vaginapoosie black magic woman VIP

Reputations:
    topic came up in a group discussion i was having with some people (not work or school related, so it was fair game) and i was asked for my opinion. i started out stating that i did not want to offend anyone (since i knew there were very religious people in the group), but i did not believe in a god; that i am buddhist, which in turn is an atheist. i went on to make my point about something (which involved me not believing in a god, but it wasn't a discussion about religion, per se, but just a discussion about how not believing in a deity ties in with my outlook on life and death).

during this conversation, i never once insulted, put down, or made fun of anyone's religion/belief in god/jesus. however, now i have these assholes passive-aggressively bullying me when we get together, constantly making snide remarks about god/jesus/religion and subtly implying that if i didn't want to "hurt" anyone, i shouldn't have said [i didn't believe in a god] what i said at all.

so, your thoughts? how do you deal with a bunch of religious bullies that want to hate you for no particular reason and had no problem with you up until the point you said "i'm an atheist." i can't kick their teeth in, i can't shoot them, and i dare not bring up the topic again. so what happens next? i have to interact with these feeble-minded fucktards for the next couple of weeks, then hopefully i'll never see them again after this. so what sayeth you? because i know how bullies are-- especially religious nut bullies-- and they only grow more and more angry and resentful as the days go on.

[​IMG]

2. Stevie

Stevie Now go...Ohm.

Reputations:
    Jesus hates Matthew T...

3. Gomez

Gomez Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    when is jesus finally gonna come out of the closet?

[​IMG]

4. Stew Nod

Stew Nod Hello VIP

Reputations:
    None of this would bother a true buddhist

5. vaginapoosie

Reputations:
    :hehe:

6. vaginapoosie

Reputations:
    that is true. but i ain't enlightened yet, so until then, amuse me.

7. Stew Nod

Stew Nod Hello VIP

Reputations:

Use the situation to work towards following your beliefs, life is a test my friend :grad:

8. vaginapoosie

Reputations:
    but my belief is that life sucks, then you die. so i should work towards suicide then?

9. Scott

Scott Masshole Staff Member

Reputations:
    Worst Buddhist ever.

10. vaginapoosie

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

11. Napoleon V2

Napoleon V2 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    don't let it bother you and lead a better life. Kill them with kindness

12. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  13. HeinousMark

HeinousMark Creepy-Ass Cracka VIP

Reputations:
    The nutjobs down here (Texas) will crucify you for being an atheist.....:rs:

14. Scott

Scott Masshole Staff Member

Reputations:
    Reason number 332345 why I'll never go there.

15. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    I don't have any issue with anyone's beliefs until they push them on me. I don't let it bother me if they poke jabs at me for not believing.....I just jab back. If they get belligerent about it I just avoid them (I don't have many friends anyway) but if I'm feeling feisty I can go where it hurts pretty quick and that usually leads to them avoiding me. I win. That's the cool thing......I'm not invested in something that I have to defend as part of my faith. How can I be truly insulted? I got my wife, a few buddies, a herd of pets and a farm to care for.....worrying about zombies in a cult isn't even on my radar of what's important in my life.

16. vaginapoosie

Reputations:
    yeah, but that's just being passive-aggressive back. too hard for me to fake, but i will continue to act civil as i always do towards them.

17. vaginapoosie

Reputations:
    that's why i'm staying on the east coast, no matter how much i want to visit the south. i know so many religious zealots who send death threats to atheists-- that's how personally they take it.

18. vaginapoosie

Reputations:
    see, the problem with the one guy who is doing this, he's a total nutjob. he *just* converted to catholicism... all he talks about is religion and god and jesus. wears a huge fucking cross that would make the pope blush. it's like fucking flavor flav's clock, but cross form. and he can't let it go/get over the fact that i said i don't believe in god. please note: i NEVER talk about politics or religion with people, BUT in this instance, it was expected of me to share my view on something. i knew my view tied in with me being an atheist, but it wasn't about atheism vs. religion, but i had to mention i didn't believe in a god to get to the real point of my discussion. (P.S. how come that asshole can talk about god/jesus all day, but i'm not allowed to say i'm offended by his beliefs? oh yeah, that's right, because i'm in the minority and atheists are seen as the shit child murderers scrape off the bottom of their shoes, even though i have more compassion and empathy in my being than most congregations across the united states combined.)

anyway, i have no problem with people who believe in god. my boyfriend is a fucking baptist preacher for christ's sake (see what i did there?). my ex-b/f was a sunday school teacher and used to drag me to church with him and his kids every sunday. so, yeah. i have no problem with other people and their beliefs. i couldn't have made that any more clear to these people, but a lot of these supposed "christians" are scary, hate-filled, bigoted motherfuckers, i tellz ya.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  19. Capn Crud

Capn Crud The Pride of Cucamonga VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Death threats. It's the christian thing to do.

20. Jim J Jiblets

Jim J Jiblets #Hillary'sTongue

Reputations:
    I usually go the other route. I tell them I've changed my mind.

Show up in a pope outfit with bibles in both hands. A huge wooden cross necklace always helps. Start quoting passages and ask for assistance in interpreting the verses.

Keep this up for 26 months.

They will convert to atheism.