CIA Told to 'Stand Down'

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Kamie, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    Ok - this will get moved but I just read this and am doing a quick post. I am sick about it. It just keeps getting worse:

Fox News has learned from sources who were on the ground in Benghazi that an urgent request from the CIA annex for military back-up during the attack on the U.S. consulate and subsequent attack several hours later was denied by U.S. officials -- who also told the CIA operators twice to "stand down" rather than help the ambassador's team when shots were heard at approximately 9:40 p.m. in Benghazi on Sept. 11.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ng-benghazi-attack-sources-say/#ixzz2AQidTdWj

2. 233monte

233monte New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    ugh. this is disgusting. I am speechless. Its election time. Barry couldnt let us get into another conflict this close to the election.

3. Dick Gozinya

Dick Gozinya Active Member

Reputations:
    Fox News. :giggle:

4. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    Weekly Standard:
    Interview with Father of slain Navy SEAL
    Woods continues: “Apparently even the State Department had a live stream and was aware of their calls for help. My son wasn’t even there. He was at a safe house about a mile away. He got the distress call; he heard them crying for help; that’s why he and Glen risked their lives to go that extra mile just to take care of the situation. And I’m sure that wasn’t the only one received that distress call—you know, come save our lives … I’m sure that other people in the military, in the State Department, in the White House, received that same call that he would receive. And I’m sure that most military people would jump at the chance … to protect that life [and] not leave anyone behind.”

Woods made clear that he isn't "mad," but that he wants to the "truth" to be told because he feels " abandoned."

Woods says he was told by military officials that the military could have "come above [the area] and completely carpeted area," and therefore saved the officials in Benghazi, Libya. But that someone gave the command for the American military not to save the lives of the Americans under attack.

"When I heard, you know, that there's a very good chance that the White House as well as other members of the military knew what was going on and obviously someone had to say, don't go rescue them. Because every person in the military--their first response [would be], we're going to go rescue them. We need to find out who it was that gave that command--do not rescue them."
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/father-slain-seal-who-made-decision-not-save-my-son_657782.html

5. AcquiringSignal

AcquiringSignal Girthy VIP

Reputations:
    Sounds like Whitey is finding fault with Obama. Reeks of racism.

6. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    "rayshism" (Evil Dave)

7. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    They begged for help in Benghazi....:mad:

8. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    This is why the left hates Fox News, they are trying to get to the bottom of a story that the divine one hopes will just go away.

To think they were begging for help for hours and soon realized they were truly alone. Much like the Blackhawk Down heros that were later dragged through the streets. At least there, people were trying to get help to them.

And all the media is trying so hard to piss on this story, but it's a good thing that ALL the media spent 24 hours a day for a year trying to find out who exposed the media whore Valerie Plame 6 years ago.

9. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    sounds like something said every night on the prime-time MSNBC lineup.

10. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    I am sitting here at work like a pussy with tears in my eyes because this is just the most horrible, horrible story that keeps getting worse. Holy shit, if you see a suffering animal you help it. How could they deny help, and WHY would they deny help? That's what I don't get - what is the political upside to withholding help? Is it that it would be seen as a military action akin to war that would piss off the Democratic base? Is that it?

11. ZosoHitler

ZosoHitler VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Bengazi, Libya, Fuckistan, nobody gives a shit about the middle east. Fuck em.

12. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    More:
    On yesterday’s America Live, father of former Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods – who was killed in the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Libya – talked with Megyn Kelly about the current administration’s handling of the situation. Today, Woods returned to the program to react to breaking news exclusively reported by FOX revealing that officials denied military requests to provide assistance three separate times during the seven-hour attack on the consulate. It was Tyrone Woods who disobeyed those orders to stand down in order to come to the aid of his fellow Americans … and he paid the ultimate price.

Woods’ father, Charlie, told Kelly today that he’s not interested in political arguments, but he does want to know who decided to not dispatch troops who could have helped, instead leaving his son to defend the Americans on his own while fighting for his life.

“This is not about politics … if it were about politics, it would dishonor my son’s death. It’s about honor, integrity and justice,” he said.
    http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/10/2...on-disobeyed-orders-to-save-fellow-americans/

13. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Colin Powell guy did it.

John Sununu now a racist for saying Powell supports Obama because he is black.
    Didn't Colin say that is why he supported Barry in 2008???
    :coffee:

14. ZosoHitler

ZosoHitler VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Hey conservatives, when you lose this election think back to all the time you spent talking about horseshit in a third world country instead of the economy okay?

15. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Is Obama campaigning on his record?
    :coffee:

16. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    Are you kidding? 4 Americans died - a civilian, an Ambassador, and 2 Navy SEALS. Does that not bother you? This has NOTHING to do with politics. I hope that your opinion is not a reflection of how all liberals think, because I didn't think I could think much worse of your ilk.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  17. 233monte

233monte New Member Banned User

Reputations:

18. bucketbuddy

bucketbuddy New Member

Reputations:
    you lost me at 'fox news'

19. Matwiow

Matwiow Active Member

Reputations:
    Well the CIA is usually so honest about everything. . .

And all you stupid fucking conservatives can you honestly tell me that Fox and you would be sooo into this story if George Bush was still in office?

20. bucketbuddy

bucketbuddy New Member

Reputations:
    and let me get this straight - the white house/US gov't let 4 of our guys die because they were afraid that this would turn into an election issue? i think it's a tragedy too, but i don't believe anything that's up on fox (OR msnbc) is credible. too many times crying wolf from them for me to take anything they say seriously.