News Cincinnati campus police officer charged with murder

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by skylarbrie, Jul 29, 2015.

1. skylarbrie

skylarbrie VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
  2. Rockside7

Rockside7 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Something tells me I shouldn't watch that.

3. Pickle Jar

Pickle Jar Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Trigger happy scumbag. He could of called for backup and they would of arrested the dude.

IPrankNoOneElse likes this.
  4. maroon

maroon Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    saw that case today. pretty fucked up. that family gonna get rich. some people shouldn't be cops. maybe starting age at 30, I dunno. some can handle the pressures, others are just fucked in the head dealing with the public.

MrPACS, floplop and DarkFriday like this.
  5. HorseFanNetwork

HorseFanNetwork Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    man the shit that cops have to go through on a daily basis. i wouldnt want that job.oh wait he was a campus cop. hmm those guys can be a bit of a downer.

Slow likes this.
  6. JFK

JFK Ask not what your country can do for you. Gold

Reputations:
    Body cams are the answer. This guys looks pretty guilty.

MrPACS, blindbella and DarkFriday like this.
  7. Tyler9258

Tyler9258 Old friends, old whiskey, old songs

Reputations:
    Dude campus cops are the worst. We had a "dry" campus, so I had to pour out 48 beers one night. And they frisked me and told me I had drugs....

I only cursed them out a little.

RonHeinzkaboot and Gusbuss like this.
  8. skylarbrie

Reputations:
    note to self: never turn your ignition back on...

Shortwave98, Limo Wreck and BethSucks like this.
  9. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller floating around

Reputations:
    :cwl:

LobsterTails and Slow like this.
  10. BrulesRules

BrulesRules Just grab 'em in the biscuits Gold

Reputations:
    DGAS/DGAF :slick:

11. iloveyoubut

iloveyoubut Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    When does the rioting and looting start?

12. DarkFriday

DarkFriday Fired as a MOD...Twice. Gold

Reputations:
    I did like his sister's remark during the press conference...
    "My brother's been arrested a lot. He wouldn't act that way. He know's how to be arrested." :wtf:

13. DinnerSocks

DinnerSocks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That was fucked up, Tensing should go to prison and the family should get rich but...why doesn't everyone have their hands at 10&2 and their wallets on the dash when they get pulled over?

PTRacing and Bye You! like this.
  14. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    I don't have the patience. I might have shot after asking three times for the license.

Wasn't this the guy with 30 arrests and 14 kids he wasn't feeding?

IfTheyOnlyKnew, Fatass and PI Nate like this.
  15. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    Not everyone is white.

16. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:

A University of Cincinnati police officer who fatally shot an unarmed black man has been charged with murder after a grand jury investigation, the Hamilton County prosecutor said on Wednesday.

Prosecutor Joseph Deters, speaking bluntly at a news conference to announce the charges, called the July 19 death of Samuel Dubose, 43, "senseless" and totally unnecessary. He said Ray Tensing, the white officer who shot Dubose in the head, never should have been a police officer.

The incident was the latest in a series of fatal police confrontations across the United States that have raised questions about police use of force against minorities.

City officials braced for possible unrest after the announcement of the grand jury's decision and the University of Cincinnati shut down in case of protests. The university said it will review its policing strategy in the wake of the shooting.

Deters said Tensing, 25, had purposely shot Dubose, who was not resisting after he was pulled over for not having a front license plate on his car.

"I've been doing this for 30 years," Deters told reporters after meeting with Dubose's family. "This is the most asinine act I've ever seen a police officer make, totally unwarranted."

Police said Tensing, who also was charged with voluntary manslaughter, surrendered at about 2 p.m. EDT. He will be arraigned at 10 a.m. EDT on Thursday in the Hamilton County Court of Common Pleas and could face the possibility of life in prison if convicted.

Tensing's attorney, Stew Mathews, told the Fox 19 television station in Cincinnati that his client was being "thrown under the bus" by the prosecutor and the school. Tensing was fired by the university police on Wednesday and school officials said they were talking with the Dubose family about providing educational support for Dubose's children.

A body camera video Deters played for reporters showed Tensing running after the slowly rolling car after the stop. Deters said Tensing was not dragged by the car, as the officer had reported. Asked about a second police officer who supported Tensing's report of the incident, Deters said his office was investigating that.

Mathews said there is a second video that will show more of the incident, according to Fox 19.

Deters also said Tensing failed to issue simple, nonviolent commands.

"He wasn't dealing with someone who was wanted for murder," Deters said. "He was dealing with someone who didn't have a front license plate. This is, in the vernacular, a pretty chicken crap stop."

Cincinnati was convulsed with riots in 2001 after police shot an unarmed 19-year-old black man who was wanted for traffic violations. The Cincinnati police went through extensive reform after that incident and an independent agency was set up to handle complaints against the police.

On Wednesday, Deters said the university should not have its own police force and that the city police, who he said were better trained, should take over campus security. Cincinnati Mayor John Cranley said in a subsequent news conference that there will be an independent review of the University of Cincinnati police department.

The incident was the latest in a string of deaths of black men at the hands of police in the past year, including Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, Eric Garner in New York City, Freddie Gray in Baltimore and Walter Scott in North Charleston, South Carolina. Prosecutors brought charges against officers in Baltimore and North Charleston.

On Wednesday, Audrey Dubose, the victim's mother, praised the indictment.

"I'm so thankful that everything was uncovered," she told reporters. "I thought it was going to be covered up."

She said she could forgive Tensing for her son's death.

The family saw the body camera video on Wednesday for the first time and met with Cranley. The family urged calm in the community, according to Cranley spokesman Kevin Osborne.

Dubose's family has hired attorney Mark O'Mara, who represented George Zimmerman, the Florida man who was acquitted in the 2012 shooting death of black teenager Trayvon Martin.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/07/29/us-usa-police-ohio-idUSKCN0Q31ZL20150729

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  17. DarkFriday

DarkFriday Fired as a MOD...Twice. Gold

Reputations:
    :winner:

IfTheyOnlyKnew and mattzane227 like this.
  18. skylarbrie

Reputations:
    the act of reaching for your wallet could be conceived as a threat...keep your hands were they can be seen

19. Goods

Goods Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Did he died?

IfTheyOnlyKnew and Bye You! like this.
  20. JFK

JFK Ask not what your country can do for you. Gold

Reputations:
    C'mon. I give the officer the benefit of the doubt in all of the cases. He never dragged that guy.

cg256, Just Me and skylarbrie like this.