Claire Danes to quit Homeland after Season 3?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Kamie, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope this is just random gossip or a ploy for her to get a bigger paycheck. I love Homeland. This is from the National Enquirer, but they also blew the lid off the John Edwards story, so you cannot discount them simply because they are a gossip magazine......

Big shocker for ‘Homeland’ fans – Claire Danes is secretly planning to leave the show after next season to be a full-time mom! Even though series execs doubled her salary, Claire wants to stay home with her first child, Cyrus Michael Christopher Dancy, who was born Dec. 17, sources say.

“Claire has finally discovered the one thing she loves more than acting – being a mom!†an insider close to ‘Homeland’ told The Enquirer. “Before Cyrus was born, Claire would never have thought about giving up her role on ‘Homeland’ because she thought she’s be able to juggle her job with being a mom. But now she doesn’t want to leave her son.â€

“Claire and Hugh have agreed that he’ll continue working on ‘Hannibal’ [Dancy’s new NBS show], as well as other acting jobs, if she decided to follow through with her plans to leave ‘Homeland’.â€

After executives learned Claire might walk, they doubled her salary to $220,000 an episode as an inducement to stay for the upcoming season.

Despite the pay raise, “Claire is having regrets about signing on for another season… it’s very likely the execs will eventually offer Claire another huge pay raise if she’ll agree to stay for Season 4, but she’s still leaning towards leaving. Now that she’s a mom, she’s come to realize that the time with her son is invaluable. Besides that, she’s one of the hottet tickets in Hollywood these days. She knows that she can go back to acting any time she wants.â€

2. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    She should call David Caruso for advice before she's makes her decision.
    Kamie - I missed your threads!

3. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    shes a movie star..shes bigger then a tv show

4. Tabby

Tabby Member

Reputations:
    That show is SOOOOOO good. I just starting watching it and watched the whole first season in three days! Can't wait for season 3! I would miss her!

5. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Showtime's a fuckin' joke.

NBC offered Juliana Marguiles TWO MILLION/episode (for E.R.) and she still walked.

Offering a person like Danes, who has had a movie career, a couple of emmys and golden globes a shitty $220,000/episode is not an inducement to stay.

These non-network channels have no fucking money.

Hopefully, Homeland will just replace her with another female agent. Let's see how well the show can stand on its own two feet.

6. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    Well, I think the key word here is that she HAD a movie career. She did that Romeo and Juliet movie with DiCaprio and a few other films, but nothing notable in the recent past. Homeland has revitalized her career, and I totally agree with jyanks that she should speak with David Caruso before leaving. She may just be jockeying for a raise.

7. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    Look at her imdb resume and say that. She was shipwrecked when they picked her off the trash heap and gave her the lead in "Homeland"...............................at the ripe old age of 31.

She should remember who's buttering her bread, and who paid for that kid-seat in her car, and be thankful for the gig.

And there are 12 shows in a fucking season; she can't be a mom and work for 12 weeks out of 52?!? :rolleyes:

This is a money-grab, nothing else.

I love the delusional "source" for the article: "Besides that, she’s one of the hottest tickets in Hollywood these days. She knows that she can go back to acting any time she wants".

Danes might want to give Debra Winger a call.

They should call the bitch's bluff and have open auditions for her role. Ironically, the line would stretch to her house. There are far more quality actresses who would be interested in that role, or a similar role on that show, than there will be quality projects for Danes if she leaves it. It's not even close.

Actually, it would open up some cool possibilities if she didn't come back. I love it when shit gets real on a show and they kill off a main character...........................as long as they keep the quality and the tension up, I'm cool with it.

And honestly, I think their relationship has run its course anyway. I don't think they're able to generate near the same heat as they were able to in the beginning.

And if she ain't fucking him, I actually don't need her on the show. Saul can catch the bad guys and Brodie can get himself a new Mountie broad.
    They could always hire Beefus for the role! :idea:

:backlol2:

8. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Showtime has money, lots of money. I used to work for them.
    They are owned by CBS. Les Moonves has money. Lots of it. He just doesn't like to spend it.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  9. Robert Higgins

Robert Higgins Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    The show was great the first season. 2nd season, meh. It kind of became a parody of itself. And Clare Danes, not hot.

[​IMG]

10. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    How was she not Gollum in "The Hobbit" and the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy?!?

:uscratch:
    maybe she was, and that's where her career was all those years! :idea:

Obviously that's her looking bad on purpose. She can clean up pretty good, but she's also had a lot of work done. I didn't even know it was her in "Stardust" until about 15-20 minutes in, and even then I wasn't sure. It was like "yeah, that's her......................wait! is it? maybe not...........................".

Her face has come back more to its natural state in "Homeland", like Jessica Lange's has in "American Horror Story". I guess when you stop/ease up on the botox or fillers or whatever the fuck, they disappear/erode/what have you.

11. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    The second season was not as good, I'll give you that, but still better than most shows on TV. And yes, Clare Danes is not hot. I don't know what it is about her - maybe that wild-eyed look. The reason why she works on the show is because she LOOKS nuts. She looks nuts even on the red carpet.
    [​IMG]

12. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Just compare the salaries of network actors to actors on shows on HBO, Showtime, AMC, etc.

it's like 1/10th

13. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    I think you're slightly overlooking her acting abilities.

14. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    This. there were more holes in the 2nd season plot than swiss cheese.

I will continue to watch though..

Morena Baccarin NSFW
    [​IMG]

15. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    I think she is a fantastic actress. But the crazy look doesn't hurt.

16. DrSublux

DrSublux Who am dis VIP

Reputations:
    She does the bat shit crazy look well. Her facial expressions are great.

17. Nurse Remulak

Nurse Remulak New Member

Reputations:
    Fucking actors.. seriously... Acting is the fucking easiest job on Earth. Every whim they have is catered to from the moment transport picks them up in the morning to the time they are dropped back off at home. I know.. I've worked on set for over 15 years. it is the cushiest job on the FUCKING PLANET.

Most Americans would FUCKING LOVE a couple hundred grand for every 6 days worked. (a usual episode) 98% of Americans will never even see that kinda money in a year let alone 6 days of fucking work.

I like Claire Danes.. she's hot.. but when I hear about actors bitching about their "horrible pay" I have to fucking laugh.. they make more in a few days than the entire fucking crew does combined.

18. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    I don't disagree with you, about the pay or how great it must be, but a lot of these t.v. shows have the cast on the set for 12-15 hours a day. That's gotta suck smelly balls, yo.

And yes, it's gotta be worth it for a great payday, but if you've already got the money in the bank and you want to start a family and you can afford to do it on one salary...why wouldn't you?

It's on her terms. That's the way we're supposed to be starting families, right?

19. Nurse Remulak

Nurse Remulak New Member

Reputations:
    A normal day on set is 12 hrs. Has been since before WW2. Average day is 14-18 for some of the crew. And we get paid well for it, plus benefits, plus OT. And we get amazing catered breakfast, lunch and dinners.. so you save a ton of $$$ on groceries. Additionally you have the craft truck on set so you can go get anything to munch on ANYTIME you wish.

The deal with the talent is a 12-hr "turnaround." That means from the moment they are dropped off at home at night.. production can't pick them up until 12 hours has passed. SAG union rules. And EVERY FUCKING WHIM the actors have on set is catered to. EVERY whim. We've even filled their fucking winnies water tanks full of Evian water because normal water just wasnt good enough.

Actors have the cushiest job on the fucking planet. So when "we" the crew hear them bitching that their $100,000 or $200,000 per 6-days of work is AN INJUSTICE!!! We fucken laugh. It's pathetic. Without the entire crew the actors have no script, no sets, no camera, no lights, no hair/makeup/wardrobe, NO JOB.

EDITED TO ADD:

...and when I hear Benjy is late for his "BRUTAL 4-hour work day... 3 days a week" I just wanna jump through the radio and punch that motherfucker in the face.. He has no idea what it's like in the real world of entertainment.. no fucking clue at all.

20. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Makes sense why you'd be angry with them or resent what you see as ridiculous, but how much money do these shows take in (in advertising dollars or otherwise) that they're even able to afford to pay that much money for the talent?

If you think about it, they wouldn't pay it if they couldn't afford it. And if that's "the norm," then talent drives the salaries, no?