Classic Stern: Howard and Alison Fight About Bar Mitzvah

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by srricks, Jan 18, 2013.

1. srricks

srricks Active Member

Reputations:
    Aww the good ole days before Beff - when the 'real' Mrs. Howard Stern called in

[video=youtube_share;LsRpsgin42o]http://youtu.be/LsRpsgin42o[/video]

2. Engaged Chicken

Engaged Chicken VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I'm listening, thank you. :D The show used to be so funny. :bigcry:

3. srricks

srricks Active Member

Reputations:
    I always liked Alison, she didn't put up with any of Howard's shit and she was real.

4. broccolirabe

broccolirabe Active Member

Reputations:
    Alison was a fucking saint

5. Goods

Goods Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "My wife always has a horse voice"

:whythelongface?:

6. Mike

Mike 'Merica Gold

Reputations:
    Thanks for the clip. Bookmarking to listen to later. We need to start a channel of stuff like this that is in the tapes team do not play folder

7. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I guess some things never change! :hhh:

From 9:00-9:15
    Robin- "And it becomes a big argument?"

Howard- "It's just weird, ya know? It's like, she could have spent the night being home with me and we could have watched a movie or something, you know what I mean?
    But she has this desire to socialize..."
    :whistle:

8. mrd160

mrd160 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    A lot of people talk about when the show jumped the shark...jump the shark doesn't mean it was never good again...just not the same and for me, hands down the moment the show jumped was Howard's divorce...went from being one of us to one of them...

9. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    :yes:

10. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    She had class. Unlike the vermin who now calls herself Mrs. Stern. When it suites her of course . . . :coffee:

11. Double Blizz

Double Blizz New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    TEAM ALLISON [​IMG][​IMG]

12. jimbronie

jimbronie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Speaking of Allison. Maybe the callers to all the 100/101 shows should start asking questions about Allison. Nothing bad but we know Howard is verboten from talking about her. If we can get him to slip up and talk about her maybe he can fall into breach of that contract and end up owing Allison more money. You gotta hit Howard where it counts. In the bank statement.

13. Dean Wormer

Dean Wormer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    God I miss the old Howard with nobility. I hate the cock sucking schmuck he's become.

14. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    to me, marrying Howard Stern indicates mental illness more than sainthood.

and then there's :za:

i couldn't give her the wings just based on these two facts, because those are two pretty big facts.

and that middle daughter doesn't seem to be amounting to much, either.

no, Allison wasn't a saint. she was a kind of normal, down-to-earth woman who made a horrible decision to marry that creep, who did her best in a half-dream life/half-nightmare situation.

it's not like she was locked in an attic room all those years; the situation was obviously not without its perks of which i'm sure she partook. who wouldn't?!?

but let's just hold back the wings until even one of those kids brings something non-crazy and productive to the table.
    an actual job, perhaps. :idea:
    i think it's ironic that Allison is a social worker. how about getting :za: to assimilate a wee bit first honey, before you go "fixing" other families? :facepalm:

15. usedtampon

usedtampon Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I recall hearing Best Of mentioning Alison took a European vacation on the Concorde, and a nice winter trip to the Bahamas with the kids. She had housekeepers, could buy anything she wanted, picked and chose when she worked full time, part time, whatever she wanted. All financed by a man who didn't expect much from her and stayed even when she was middle aged. She was no saint.

16. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    alison was real....she was (and still is) very intelligent. she may not have been a conventional beauty, but she was attractive and sexy. howard would often talk about blowjobs and having anal (i think only once)...and i got the impression alison was alot more adventurous in the sex department.
    alison loved howard when he had nothing.....alison gave birth to his children.
    although i never met her, i know people who did. she was a down to earth, lovely person in spite of her wealth. she also worked....helping people. yet howard would bitch about having to pay for her office complaining that she didn't make enough money to justify it. she saw people on sliding scales and did work for a non-profit.
    present day alison i'm sure has the love of her 3 daughters and a man who appreciates her.

she helped make the show great because she allowed howard to expose the realities of a regular marriage. we could identify with them.

alison berns stern simon, i speak your name.
    (and she deserves every cent howard had to pay her). i wish there was an alison appreciation site!

17. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    he didn't stay.

and why shouldn't she enjoy the percs of being married to a very successful man. and no one is saying alison is a saint...she's like us. we all have flaws and are not perfect people. if you're not familiar with the howard stern show when it was great try to find the tapes where he joked about her miscarriage and mocked her family (i guess it was good natured).

beth and her family are off limits. alison was every bit a "character" on the show as hank or jackie or stuttering john. nothing was sacred.

18. horsefacebetho

horsefacebetho Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He would never speak to Beth like that. He treated Alison like crap. He would never dare dis Beth's brother or make fun of Beth's voice.

19. Bianca Stern

Bianca Stern Member

Reputations:
    Man, I'm 22 and have only been listening to the show since '03, so I love coming across these glimpses into the real glory years of the show (although I maintain the first few years of Sirius was some of his best radio). Thanks ssricks!

20. peterfonda

peterfonda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    No question, getting divorced took the mickey out of Howard. He tried sleeping around and found out that he was still a big ugly gork but now women were looking to take his money. He finally found to marry him and deluded himself into thinking that she really loves him.