Entertainment Climbing the Cheops Pyramid

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by thegroovologist, Jan 30, 2016.

1. thegroovologist

thegroovologist Well-Known Member

Reputations:

"Tourist captures spectacular views from scaling the Cheops Pyramid in Egypt
    German tourist Andrej Ciesielski captures spectacular views from the top of a pyramid he illegally scaled in Egypt

Tourist Andrej Ciesielski travelled to Cairo, Egypt with one intention - to climb a pyramid.

Video shows Ciesielski climbing the Cheops Pyramid - one of the three giant tombs at Giza.

It is illegal to climb the pyramids, but it didn't stop him scaling the height of the tomb.

He made the climb in broad daylight on January 18, in a time of eight minutes.

Security guards noticed that he had climbed to the top and police were waiting to arrest him upon return.

Ciesielski, 18, from Munich, said: “It took me about eight minutes to get to the top of the pyramid and I listened to music on the way up.

“After a few minutes climbing, I started to attract a bit of attention and some of the security shouted to me to come down in Arabic.

“I had asked the locals what they thought of my attempt and they warned me that it was illegal to climb the pyramids, although I thought it would be fine, what with Egypt’s dependence on tourists.

“I was told, though that I did risk prison, although on balance I thought the photos would be worth it.

“It was absolutely surreal standing on top of one of the wonders of the world and something that I will never forget. I wanted to experience Egyptian culture and I definitely managed that.

“When I got back down, the police were quick to take me to the station and question me. They also had a look at my camera to see what I had been up to.

“At first, they wanted to take me to the German embassy, but after a while I was released without anything further happening."
    "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...from-scaling-the-Cheops-Pyramid-in-Egypt.html

SomerSky and RONNIE THE CLAW like this.
  2. Phil McKrakin

Phil McKrakin AKA Howie POTY The Bar VIP

Reputations:
    Great...some other hipster twat topped out on history like a fucking cunt.

3. thegroovologist

Reputations:
    It's an amazing view though...!

reno, PI Nate and Phil McKrakin like this.
  4. Turtle Man

Turtle Man Hello Darling Gold

Reputations:
    No way those are man made

5. MrWarmth

MrWarmth ADORABLE DEPLORABLE Gold

Reputations:
    A bird's eye view of sand. :coffee:

stanggirl likes this.
  6. thegroovologist

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

PI Nate and Turtle Man like this.
  7. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    That they let him go without a caning or at least deleting his photos is an absolute shame. It'll just encourage more douchebags to do this shit.

Muffler likes this.
  8. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    these tourists who do this sorta stuff really should be punished much more harshly

the one time these muslims don't act like animals is the one time I would have hoped they would

it's like they're trying to get under my skin

Fatass likes this.