Cnet.com article on quitting Sirius

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Ingens, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Ingens

Ingens VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
  2. gilaet

gilaet Zen As Fuck Gold

Reputations:
    I used to be a big Howard Stern fan, but I rarely listen to him on Sirius anymore. He sounds totally bored with his show, but this past week they played the best of the old shows when he was at the top of his game. That's ancient history now.

:hhh:

3. Obi Drunkenobe

Obi Drunkenobe VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I hope the new owners read the comments section.

4. mike25

mike25 Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    this does not bold well for the king of all media :whistle:

5. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Good article and comments - however, the poor sound quality is the least of the company's problems these days.

6. Fuddco

Fuddco New Member

Reputations:
    I haven't paid foll price for my xm sub in years. And the internet and podcasts does everything Siriusxm can do (for my needs) so It really comes down to convenience and availability. Truckers/travelers will keep subscribing because it's nationwide and convenient. Everyone else really doesn't need,or want,sat radio. It was a good idea of its time,but someone in the cnet comments said it best..
    "I simply believe that Sirius/XM produces the best buggy whips the 21st century is capable of producing, but so what?"

7. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    unfortunately the Stern who was on top of his game, died years ago. what airs now, when it does air at all is Ben Stern lite

8. x76

x76 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I subscribed to Sirius in order to hear the Howard Stern Show. The first few months were great! Then he obtained rights to "The Tapes," his old shows. This was used as an excuse to take off Fridays, leaving a gaping 20% hole in the five-day work week.

This was followed with way too much vacation time and an odd sense that Howard Stern was just mailing it in. As he hit his subscription goals, that feeling was reinforced. Not the same show.

He turned his back on his own show, on his fans and radio in general. He has since become everything he once railed against, right down to the airhead trophy bride.

Consider me an ex-fan. Not only of Howard Stern, but of Sirius/XM in general Bait and switch. I'm ashamed to admit that I was ever a fan at this point, it's THAT bad.

F Howard.

9. FlatTimmy

FlatTimmy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The four day work week and the vacation time were part of the first contract and would have been in effect whether or not HS got the Tapes back. Imagine how dreadful the vacation weeks would be without them. "All next week - The Best of Joan Rivers on Sirius".

10. stripes

stripes Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    after a monthly bill of cable, internet, phone, paying money to an outdated gay stern is not even on the radar.
    too many better options that are free in 2012

11. Dlist

Dlist Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Ex fan here too. I was a rabid fan, defended him to anyone that bad mouthed him. Listened to every word of the shows...Now, I listen in the background at work, mainly just to post shit here....
    He is no longer cutting edge...he is just an old Jew, with too much money, a fame whore wife, and will die an old pitiful man whose children no longer speak to him.:giggle:
    Noice legacy Howard.

12. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I reeded that article and the comments; like many of the commenters I cancelled b/c I felt duped by Sirius. "Call your Congresscritter and after the merger, prices will go down."

They went down all right. Right down to 0.0 dollars a year when I cancelled. Fuck you Sirius; fuck you Howard, and fuck you HowardTV.

Especially HTV!

13. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    The King is dead and all but forgotten . . .