College student interviews Beth, comment section open!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by FSFN, Oct 28, 2013.

1. FSFN

FSFN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This college babe thought it might be a good idea to interview Beth & post it on her blog...here it is. If you click on the link you can leave a comment. I hope you all leave the most respectfull comments :)

Menu

Unleashed:
    A College Student's Perspective

Beth Stern for North Shore Animal League America

From taking pictures to becoming foster parents, Model Beth Stern and her husband, radio personality Howard Stern, are ready to take on any project for a great cause. Ms. Stern enlisted her husband as photographer for her 2014 North Shore Animal League America (NSALA) Calendar, and shared her home with multiple furry additions as a foster mom. Now the NSALA spokesperson is promoting a twofold mission: help fund a feline facility called “Bianca’s Furry Friendsâ€, and save more lives.

When Ms. Stern lost her beloved Bulldog, Bianca, she decided to foster another Bulldog, and quickly caught the fostering bug. Last June, she hosted her first litter of kittens, and now uses her experience to promote the NSALA fostering program. With her husband’s help, she found each of her kittens loving homes, and the couple continues to stay in touch with the litter’s families, too.

Michael DuBois, owner of the Stern’s foster cat, Sadie, said, “I’m a huge Howard Stern fan, so I knew about the adoptions from his show… I’m actually surprised by how wonderful our cat is… I only have good things to say.â€

See the litter’s Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BiancasFurryFriends/

The Sterns created a short video about their fostering experience; and from bringing the kittens home, to handing the cats over to their new owners, the process was extremely emotional. Ms. Stern admits it was not easy, as she quickly became attached to her “foster kidsâ€, but she explained that the experience was worth the emotional toll.

She said, “It was heartbreaking. I look at them as part of the family, but you remember how you’re saving lives, and as hard as it is to let go, you’re helping these animals. I would always whisper to them ‘you’re safe now’â€.

Watch the video:

http://www.animalleague.org/about-us/new-york-services/foster-care-program/

And now Ms. Stern is working to raise money for an expanded NSALA facility to give more animals a safe haven. Each year NSALA rescues and relocates nearly 20,000 homeless and neglected animals, many of which were nearly euthanized at other shelters due to lack of space. Ms. Stern’s Bianca’s Furry Friends project works to offset this special dilemma.

The model hopes her 2014 calendar, featuring her six original foster kittens and favorite rescues of the NSALA family, will help raise money for a 14,000-square-foot Adoption and Wellness Center. The Center, equipped with exam rooms, outdoor habitats, a surgical suite, and a Feline Behavioral Department, will become a second floor to the existing NSALA adoption headquarters. By relocating cats to the new cage- free space, the non-profit organization will have more room on the first floor to take in dogs as well.

To purchase your 2014 Beth Stern Calendar, click on the link:

http://www.animalleague.org/events-news/celebrity-supporters/beth/2014-calendar.html

But while the finished facility will greatly increase the capacity for adoption, Ms. Stern advocates going one step further for NSALA’s no-kill mission. By recruiting more foster “parentsâ€, animals that would otherwise be housed in the adoption center would be in a foster home, freeing up space at North Shore for more homeless cats and dogs.

Having fostered over thirty animals to date, many through NSALA, Ms. Stern proudly said, “This partnership is beyond anything I have ever seen before, and I’m sure I’ll be picking up another litter of kittens soon.â€

To learn more about the NSALA foster program, click the link bellow:

http://www.animalleague.org/about-us/new-york-services/foster-care-program/foster-care-faqs/

*All pictures courtesy of NSALA*

About these ads

2. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
  3. FSFN

FSFN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  4. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
  5. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:

:c

6. Lou Skunt

Lou Skunt ____________________ Banned User

Reputations:
    Thanks for the link OP! :jj:

Fuck....awaiting moderation. :shit:

Ryan Lever's Teeth says:
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.

October 29, 2013 at 3:23 am

Uggh! What is it with this air head? She seems to be suffering from arrested development with all this kitty business. Hopefully some good comes from her work. I do fear that most of the kittens would choose euthanasia as opposed to being groped by those huge hands.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  7. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    vomit inducing. Such a money grab from NSAL to take money away from local no-kill shelter and foster programs that are truy grassroots. The keep saying that they are taking kittens from other shelters that were going to kill them.
    She's ridiculous with her over dramatization of what she is doing. She could have her staff foster 30 kittens at each home simultaneously. They are not kids and she is not a foster mom. And whispering to kittens is retarded when your giving them to your desparate twitter twats who don't know that they are allergic to cats, keep their kittens in the fridge or like to do circus tricks with them. You're safe now.

8. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Is this the woman who asked Beth for an interview on Twitter? Seems like she didn't mention the facts about the NSAL's poor rating that some folks were kind enough to provide. This interview reads like a propaganda piece that the H100 news team created - hopefully she won't censor the article comments too much, as Howard is all for free speech.

9. jonmac20

jonmac20 Active Member

Reputations:
    lol

10. FSFN

FSFN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, this is the same woman who asked for an interview through twitter.

11. ApeFace

ApeFace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    October 29, 2013 at 12:57 pm
    Despicable. Give props to the people that are toiling in these shelters and truly helping these animals. I don’t see this woman cleaning out the cages in her $10,000 dress. I saw the calendar, a true embarrassment. The animals are clearly afterthoughts and mere props in these delusional people’s fantasy world. The author of this piece of drivel should scrub themselves down with a wire brush. I hope you were paid in cash to sell your journalistic integrity, I wouldn’t put it past Stern to cancel the check.

12. ohmicah

ohmicah Real Gad About Town

Reputations:
    Each year NSALA rescues and relocates nearly 20,000 homeless and neglected animals,

That's 54 animals a day. A DAY. That's almost 7 per hour.

Makes me wonder about the slums in Long Island.

13. HorsetoothBeth

HorsetoothBeth Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    BobOstrosky says:
    October 29, 2013 at 1:16 pm
    Some say the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. Did you ask her about her father ripping off Medicare, making him a convicted felon? Of course not. That doesn’t fit in with the Stern’s agenda.

14. jameslanza

jameslanza Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Comment will be posted after moderation or some bull shit like that