ANOTHER CASE OF FLESH-EATING BACTERIA REPORTED AT TEXAS BEACH A Father's Day trip to a Texas Gulf coast beach has turned into a medical nightmare for one family, reports KXAN. Last Saturday, Adrian Ruiz, 42, and his family spent the day at the beach in Port Aransas. Within a day, Ruiz was running a fever and had a rash on his leg. After a trip to the doctor, Ruiz learned he had contracted vibrio, a very aggressive bacteria. "I'm fearful for him possibly losing his leg," said Adrian's wife, Lashelle. "I don't want to think that that is going to happen and I have told him that we are going to be positive." Doctors say they didn't find any cuts on Ruiz and they believe he's going to make a full recovery. "He is getting better," said Dr. Fausto Meza, Seton VP of Medical Affairs. "He was up and around the room today. He is in some discomfort, but swelling is going down. He is looking good." This report comes on the heels of a man who lost part of his leg after contracting a flesh-eating bacteria in Galveston. Texas health officials say there have been 27 cases of flesh-eating bacteria in Texas so far. Last year, there were 102 cases.