Commercial Free Radio.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Beths Arab, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Beths Arab

Beths Arab Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Every time i hear that wig wearing sellout say the words "we have to take a break" or when he jams a live read into something i change the channel in disgust.
    Doesn't this greedy lying piece of shit not have any shame at all?

The show has evolved into a part time infomercial for AGT and any other shitty product that Stern can hawk for a few bucks and if he was a tenth as concerned with the content of the show as he is with taking breaks it might still be half listenable.

There was a time when Howard was the high point of my day but now i hate his guts because of what he's become and making fun of him at Dawgs has been the most entertaining thing about the show for a very long time.

Wiggy should just give it up and retire.

What a monumental sellout asshole he is!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  2. EddyG

EddyG MORON Banned User

Reputations:
    Hasn`t he had commercials forever? Its the gradual increase of them that bothers you right?

3. Beths Arab

Reputations:
    Yeah pretty much.

I knew they were full of shit when they were selling commercial free radio but i didnt think they were this full of shit.

Im more annoyed with myself for actually believing for a second that the Wig wouldnt fuck his audience for a nickel so im venting today.

4. yippeekyaa

yippeekyaa Moved forward. VIP

Reputations:
    The show has evolved, listen, what do you do for a living?

5. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    if the show was great, i wouldnt mind the ads.
    the sad part is hes purposely willing to totally ruin the show just to make a few extra pennys.
    i half blame sirius for this

6. David999

David999 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Listen, he has to do these commercials so he can pay for all the content being produced on his channels:facepalm:

7. Beths Arab

Reputations:
    :giggle:

8. lucasdb

lucasdb New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    half blame?
    Sirius sells the ads

9. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Over the last 2 months I see they've distilled the actual talk content down to just a couple minutes different than FM/AM talk or music now. The last H101 show I uploaded in full with commmercials cut came to 46 minutes and an hour drama on network TV is 44 minutes. You just knew with Sabean, Karmizan, and Wigward with all that FM retread retard collective mindset it would eventually revert back to their full greedy ways little by little.

10. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Howard gets the majority of the revenue from the ads, if he was willing to accept less cash there would be fewer ads. It's no coincidence that they increased dramatically when he started the second contract that paid him a lower base rate.

11. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    The original 2006-2007 level of breaks seemed about right but the current breaks of multiple bumpers, "news" reports, ads and moldy songs is out of line for a subscription program that was sold to the listeners as have limited interuptions. Throw in the live reads during the news and the product placements disguised as content and it's a "fuck you' to those that followed him to Sirius.

12. DanMullins

DanMullins New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    People are still making threads in bewilderment about Stern and Robin like "Howard is a sellout!" and "Robin is a gargantuan gunt who laughs at everything!" Why are you so surprised at this point? Fuck the both of them.

I've tuned out of that fucking greedy cunts' show and have been listening to Opie and Anthony. Tremendous show.

13. Phillipmcd

Phillipmcd Active Member

Reputations:
    It's like someone said on here, if Howard puts on a bad or good show he gets paid the same. Put yourself in his shoes. You're old and tired of doing it what's the point?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  14. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't have so much of a problem with the commercial. I have a problem with live reads in the middle of segments. For years, Howard blasted DJs who would sneak live reads in the middle of segments. Now you can't get through two news stories during Robin's news without him doing a live commercial read for something. Just another example of how Howard is a huge hypocrite and has sold out major time.