Computer Nerds (Telegram Sam, DBD)

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Double Blizz, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Double Blizz

Double Blizz New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    All I'm trying to do here is get a add on to disable autoplay on Youtube and I have this agreement I have to agree to.
    Are there any shenanigans afoot here?
    It's overwhelming to read really

YOUTUBE OPTIONS SLA

By installing and/or using this software, you agree to the following terms and conditions:

1. Under this Software License Agreement (the "Agreement"), smart people on ice, LLC. (the "Vendor") grants to the user (the "Licensee") a non-exclusive and non-transferable license (the "License") to use YouTube Options (the "Software").
    2. The Software includes the executable computer programs, the source code and any related printed, electronic and online documentation and any other files that may accompany the product.
    3. Title, copyright, intellectual property rights and distribution rights of the Software remain exclusively with the Vendor. Intellectual property rights include the look and feel of the Software.
    4. This Agreement constitutes a license for use only and is not in any way a transfer of ownership rights to the Software.
    5. The rights and obligations of this Agreement are personal rights granted to the Licensee only. The Licensee may not transfer or assign any of the rights or obligations granted under this Agreement to any other person or legal entity.
    6. The Software may not be modified, copied, distributed, extracted, decompressed, reverse-engineered, or de-compiled in any manner through current or future available technologies.
    7. The Software is copyrighted, and protected by patent and trademark law. It may not be altered, modified or copied. The Vendor does not grant any express or implied right to you under any patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets or other intellectual property laws.
    8. The Vendor makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy or completeness of information available using the Software. The Vendor will not be liable for any damages resulting from your reliance on this information, including any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages. The Vendor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to correct any errors or omissions in the Software and may make changes to the Software without notice.
    9. The Software may contain links to other Web sites that are not operated by the Vendor. The Vendor does not endorse and makes no warranty or representations regarding any linked Web sites and/or the information, products, or services contained therein. Furthermore, these links do not signify affiliation or authorization to use any trade names, trademarks, logos or copyrighted symbols displayed in or accessible through these links or that any linked Web sites is authorized to use any trade names, trademarks, logos or copyright symbol of the Vendor.
    10. The Vendor will not be liable for any damages that are related to the use of any linked third party Web sites, even if the Vendor is advised of the possibility of such damages. The Vendor may change, suspend or discontinue or terminate any portions, sections, or functions of the Software without prior notice.
    11. You agree that any non-personal information that you provide to the Vendor will not be considered confidential or proprietary. Providing such information grants the Vendor unrestricted ability to use, display, reproduce, transmit and distribute such information and materials and is free to use any ideas, concepts or know-how for any purpose. In addition, you shall not provide information that is defamatory, threatening, obscene, harassing, or otherwise unlawful, or that incorporates the proprietary information of another. Private information provided by you is governed by our Privacy Statement.
    12. The Software is produced by the Vendor from its office in the state of Oregon and this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the state of Oregon. If any court finds any part of this Agreement to be unenforceable for any reason, that portion shall be enforced to the maximum extent so as to affect the intent of the Agreement, and the balance of the Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. If the Software is used from outside the United States, you shall comply with any applicable local, federal, or international laws.
    13. The Vendor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change any portion of the Software at any time without prior notice. These changes are effective upon posting. Your continued use of the Software after any changes are made will be considered acceptance of those changes.
    14. Failure to comply with any of the terms under the License section will be considered a material breach of this Agreement.
    15. The original purchase price paid by the Licensee will constitute the entire license fee and is the full consideration for this Agreement.
    16. This Agreement applies to the Software. By installing this software you agree to abide by the terms and conditions set forth in the Agreement.
    17. The Vendor makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the Software, as to merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose.
    18. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY AND "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND THE ENTIRE RISK ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR DOWNLOADING AND USE OF THE SOFTWARE IS YOURS. SPOI, ITS THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE SUPPLIERS (SUPPLIERS), GOOGLE, APPLE, MOZILLA, AND OPERA DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, OR REPRESENTATIONS (EXPRESSED, IMPLED, ORAL OR WRITTEN), WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THOSE OF TITLE, OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF FITNESS OR SUITABILITY FOR ANY PURPOSE (WHETHER OR NOT SPOI KNOWS, HAS REASON TO KNOW, HAS BEEN ADVISED, OR IS OTHERWISE IN FACT AWARE OF ANY SUCH PURPOSE), OF ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF RESPONSES, OF RESULTS, OF REASONABLE CARE OR WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, OF LACK OF NEGLIGENCE, AND/OR OF A LACK OF VIRUSES, WHETHER ALLEGED OR ARISE BY LAW, BY REASON OF CUSTOM OR USAGE IN THE TRADE, OR BY COURSE OF DEALING. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

IN NO EVENT SHALL SPOI, GOOGLE, APPLE, MOZILLA, OR OPERA's AFFILIATES AND THEIR SUPPLIERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, OR ANY SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF, RELATING TO OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, THE SOFTWARE, THE USE OF (OR INABILITY TO USE) THE SOFTWARE, AND/OR ERRORS OR BUGS WITHIN THE SOFTWARE, WHETHER UNDER THEORY OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING LEGLIGENCE), INDEMNITY, PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPOI, GOOGLE, APPLE, MOZILLA, OR OPERA's LIABILITY ARISING UNDER, RELATING TO OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LIABILITY FOR DIRECT OR INDIRECT DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR INJURIES, AND ANY LIABILITY, EXCEED THE PRICE YOU PAID FOR THE SOFTWARE. THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW.

IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS UNINSTALL THE SOFTWARE OBTAINED FROM THE SPOI.COM WEB SITE AND/OR THE GOOGLE CHROME WEB STORE AND/OR THE MOZILLA ADD-ONS SITE AND/OR THE APPLE EXTENSIONS GALLERY SITE IMMEDIATELY.

2. koam

koam Playa' Pimp

Reputations:
    : colinpowell :

3. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    Short answer: Use AdBlock Plus, it's the best one and there are no shenanigans afoot.

4. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    Also, if you need to download Youtube Videos, FlashGot and Download Youtube Videos As MP4 are both fine.

5. Double Blizz

Reputations:
    I'm just trying to stop them from playing automatically when I click on a thread or open a page that has a Youtube vid on it

6. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    Oh, I've got you, I thought you were trying to block ads. You're going to want to use NoScript and Stop Tube HTML 5 to be 100% sure. The terms you posted look fine, I just don't know what app we're talking about.

EDIT: Also, NoScript can break some websites, so you might want to disable it for sites it screws up that you know are safe.

Oh, one more thing, for that to work right you need to sign up for the Youtube HTML5 opt in. Stuff like this is why I don't use Flash, it's the biggest security risk going.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  7. Double Blizz

Reputations:
    It's called Youtube Options I got from the Chrome store

8. Double Blizz

Reputations:
    This just started happening like last week and you would think Youtube itself would have an option to disable it.
    They must've done an upgrade or something because they never started playing automatically before

9. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    That one is safe, if it works for you, go with it. The workaround I gave you is taking flash out of the equation, because some flash players still get around YouTube Options.

10. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    It's not Youtube, it's Flash, which is out of Google's hands (and in Adobe's). Steve Jobs was right about it, but companies are too lazy/cheap to switch to HTML5 so most people are stuck with it, unfortunately.

11. Double Blizz

Reputations:
    Well thanks bro
    Youtube should picket those faggits for sabbotaging their product

12. nserafini

nserafini Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Options is a plug-in for Chrome. Like TGS said, it allows you to modify things when you visit youtube.

As for the agreement, it's standard fare. I did a quick read thru and it's saying by agreeing you waive all liability from the maker, allow them to use non-personal data as they see fit ( like your search results can be collected and data mined, but not your name or user info ). Then the typical you can't decompile, modify and sell stuff. Nothing any normal person would have an objection to. Trust me, I have read some that are super wacky ( like we can sell your personal info to anyone, any time )

13. Schmoopy

Schmoopy Shit Mult Hunter

Reputations:
    :lol::jj::funny::bounce:

14. Schmoopy

Reputations:
    I'm still Rick Rolling you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tadah::sd:

15. Schmoopy

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;BROWqjuTM0g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BROWqjuTM0g[/video]

16. Double Blizz

Reputations:
    What is Rick Rolling?

17. Schmoopy

Reputations:
  18. Double Blizz

Reputations:
    :jj: I dont even know who Rick Astley is
    [TABLE="width: 600"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: index"]4.[/TD]
    [TD="class: word"]rickrolled

[/TD]
    [TD="class: tools, align: right"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="class: text, colspan: 2"]To be tricked by a forum troll into clicking on a Rick Astley music video.
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

19. Schmoopy

Reputations:
    This site doesn't allow trolls. :rolleyes:

20. gilaet

gilaet Xanax Service Dog Staff Member

Reputations:
    :jj:

[video=youtube;BROWqjuTM0g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BROWqjuTM0g[/video]