Connecticut spares the lives of these two scumbags

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Bye You!, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    http://abc7ny.com/news/cheshire-hom...ared-after-ct-overturns-death-penalty/927075/

http://www.ibtimes.com/cheshire-mur...-horror-unspeakable-connecticut-crime-1356201

The circumstances surrounding the small-town murders of Jennifer Hawke-Petit and her two young daughters, the subject of the chilling HBO documentary “The Cheshire Murders,” are so impossible, so unreasonable, that it’s hard to believe they happened at all.

“When it hits you on a gut level it kind of shuts down your brain,” said David Heilbroner, a former prosecutor who co-directed “The Cheshire Murders” with Kate Davis.

On July 23, 2007, six years ago Tuesday, the Petit family – William, Jennifer and their daughters Haley, 17, and Michaela, 11 – were the victims of a home invasion turned triple murder at the hands of Steven Hayes and Joshua Komisarjevsky, career burglars who had never killed before. After holding the family hostage for hours in their Cheshire, Conn., home, Hayes drove Jennifer to a nearby Bank of America branch, demanding that she withdraw $15,000 in cash or her family would be killed. Less than an hour later, Jennifer was dead of strangulation, and Haley and Michaela were dead of smoke inhalation after the killers doused the home with gasoline and set it on fire. Jennifer was raped and Michaela sexually assaulted before they died. William Petit, who was severely beaten and tied to a post in the basement, managed to escape and crawl to a neighbor’s home for help just before the house went up in flames. All of this happened while the Cheshire police were setting up a perimeter just outside the home, on a quiet but populated residential street.

For Jennifer Hawke-Petit and her two daughters to die that Monday, everything that could have gone wrong must have; multiple lifetimes’ worth of bad luck had to have descended on this good-natured, respectable family in the hours between a Sunday afternoon trip to the grocery store and the violent deaths less than a day later.

i literally have tears in my eyes over this.

2. HowardImus

HowardImus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If these scumbags are going to be kept alive, put them in solitary for the rest of their days. After 2 years they will be begging for lethal injection.

3. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    Horrible just horrible. Bye You! You are so right, there has to be exceptions for brutal crimes like this. These two pieces of slime need to fry.

14REPEAL2combo-master675.jpg

4. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    I cannot imagine what sort of evil and darkness could be inside of anyone to commit such a crime. They need to be removed from the planet.

I can't imagine what the father's days are like.

5. Bye You!

Reputations:
    i'm so upset. imagine that poor dad hearing this news...

6. dawg

Reputations:
    I hope the people in the state of Connecticut can sleep in peace. If these two pieces of garbage ever escape, i wonder how much sleep you will get?

7. Bye You!

Reputations:
    i remember reading once a story about something similar.

Some death row inmates GOT OUT ON PAROLE!

the same things happened. it was repealed. so they were sentenced to life.

only they forgot to put the words "without parole" after the "life" sentence.
    So, come 25 years and waddya know, guess who's out on parole?

8. dawg

Reputations:
    I think that actually happened here in Texas. They let a murderer out on parole and the first thing he did was kill someone. I will look that up later, but im pretty sure.

IfTheyOnlyKnew and Bye You! like this.
  9. dawg

Reputations:
    Actually found several cases. this is by far the worst i found.

IfTheyOnlyKnew likes this.
  10. Bye You!

Reputations:
    :eek:

11. Big Biscuit

Big Biscuit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's interesting, Texas usually isn't shy about executing scum. I wonder if the climate there was different 30 years ago?

12. dawg

Reputations:
    Some slip through. The point that Bye You! is making is that as long as these scum suckers are alive they will eventually kill again, a fellow inmate, a guard, etc...

13. Big Biscuit

Reputations:
    I remember reading the story in Esquire or one of those magazines a year or so after it happened. It was a tough read.

IfTheyOnlyKnew and PI Nate like this.
  14. Big Biscuit

Reputations:
    When I lived in Eugene, Oregon many years ago a homeless man killed another homeless man in a fairly brutal knifing.........the kicker he served all of 7 years in jail the FIRST TIME he did it.

15. HypocriteHowie

HypocriteHowie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If it makes you feel any better Dawg, the guy on the left has tried to kill himself, and apparently would prefer to die. One time he was on deaths door after an overdose, the State relieved him so his misery could continue.

And it appears his confinement is misery, from a Hartford Courant story:

"Hayes has filed a federal civil rights complaint charging — in a handwritten document — harassment, cruelty, unfair punishment and mail tampering by state prison officials as well as complaints that his medical issues are being ignored.

"The conditions of his confinement are driving him crazy," Ullmann said. "They are so oppressive. They are driving him into madness. I heard just last week that he looks in terrible shape."

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  16. dawg

Reputations:
    It gives me great joy that the piece of shit is suffering. Thank you.

17. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:

Even if they hadn't overturned the death penalty, those guys probably would have sat there for decades and never be put to death. Just like the joke in California, men there have been on death row for over 30 years now. There was a horrible slaughter of a family in the hills of Chino, Ca. in 1983 by an inmate that escaped from Chino State prison.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

He broke into an empty house just below the families house and hid out, he was pissed because his people wouldn't come and get him, he took a hatchet from the garage and headed up the hill to get money and a car. He proceeded to slaughter the family and the sons best friend that was there spending the night. He left the son with a cut throat to die but somehow he managed to survive laying next to the butchered bodies until the friends father came looking for them because the never showed up at church. There was a mountain of evidence and a slam dunk case. After 10-15 years, the anti death penalty cooks began to come out of the wood work and started creating O.J. type bullshit after the O.J. trial, that this piece of shit was also framed by the police and came up with totally laughable conspiracies. They were investigated and re-investigated then shot down over and over again by appeals courts. After 25 years it was all re-investigated again independently WITH thorough DNA tests and he was still found guilty!! Over 35 years later, still not put to death and the cooks are still trying to paint this piece of shit as a poor innocent man, even CNN did a hysterical bullshit report on it pushing the crap conspiracies. :facepalm:

30 years from now, these 2 guys would also become innocent angels after memories fade of that burned out horror house.

18. dawg

Reputations:
    Thats the case Bye You! was thinking about, thank you. I couldn’t remember.

19. Tish

Tish Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm from CT. My cousin worked for this dr. She must be livid. Fucking scumbags!!!!!

Pooh bear, IfTheyOnlyKnew and reno like this.
  20. Big Biscuit

Reputations:
    It drives me crazy that this fucker thinks he has any rights!