Entertainment Coolest celebrity pic ever...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

The mystery beauty who kissed The King: Real estate manager, 80, reveals the story behind her embrace with Elvis Presley after remaining nameless for more than 50 years

It started as a kiss between two 21-year-olds, but would become one of the sexiest photos in rock and roll history.
    The mystery beauty had captured the heart of Elvis Presley.
    But as he rose to the fame as The King of Rock and Roll, nobody knew the identity of the buxom blonde who fell into his arms in 1956.
    Her name is Barbara Gray, and she remained anonymous for 60 years.
    She never wanted fame or fortune, she just yearned to be recognized as the beauty caught in the iconic embrace.
    Now she is aged 80, is happily married and is a real estate manager in South Carolina, but has one regret - that she let him go.
    Scroll down for video
    +5
    Elvis Presley is seen in a loving embrace with a mysterious blonde before a concert in Richmond, Virginia, in 1956. It would go on to become one of the most iconic photos of his career
    [​IMG]
    +5
    Barbara Gray is the woman in the photo. She remained anonymous for 60 years. Now she is aged 80, is happily married and is a real estate manager in South Carolina, but has one regret - that she let him go
    On the 60th anniversary the snap was taken, she has revealed how her friends dared her to prank call his hotel in Charleston after they had seen the star perform.
    'The operator answered and I said "Elvis Presley's room please,"' she told WTVR.
    Barbara, then 21 and known as Bobbi Owens, said she ended up chatting to Elvis for around an hour.
    At the time he was still touring around the country, but was still far from the level of stardom he would reach in the next decade.
    But Elvis was curious about the random woman who had called up to his room, so he invited her to his next concert in Virginia.
    Two days later the pair met up at the Hotel Jefferson in Richmond, and it would be the start of a short yet racy liaison.
    'He just reached out and hugged me,' Barbara told the news station. 'I didn't know what to say. It was like I was numb.'
    'Elvis turned around and I almost fainted. He was absolutely gorgeous. I just melted.'
    They then went to the Mosque Theater where The King was due to appear that night.
    While they were backstage, he leaned in for a kiss, but Barbara said no.
    'I said no I'm not. He said: 'Yes you are,' she added. 'And he was just quick enough to just lean forward and stick his tongue out and that is how quick it happened.'
    'Oh yeah. I just laughed at it. I thought it was silly... At least he got a kiss of some kind.
    'We were both drawn to each other because he wasn't going to let me go.'
    [​IMG]
    +5
    Barbara, who was 21 at the time of the kiss, often reminisces about her day with the rock and roll star

[​IMG]
    +5
    Their rendezvous half a century ago was set up after Barbara's friends dared her to call him at his hotel in Charleston, South Carolina. The pair spoke for an hour and Elvis ended up inviting her to lunch
    After the concert, the singer was desperate for Barbara to stay with him. He invited her to come to New York, and even took her to the train station.
    But she turned around and said no.
    'I told him that I had a boyfriend that I was going to see,' she said. 'I never saw him again.'
    A few days later, Elvis appeared on national television and immediately became a star around the United States.
    Even after his death in 1977, fans around the world have been mystified by the woman's identity.
    'Everybody wanted to know who that (girl) was. And nobody knew who that was.'
    'Well, I just think it is funny. It is very popular all over the world,' she said. 'It's on everything. It is not just lunch boxes. It's on jewelry, watches, clocks.'
    In 2011, Barbara was named in an article by Vanity Fair. She hasn't gained anymore notoriety since, but still spends time reminiscing about her date with The King.

2. FrstTimeLngTme

FrstTimeLngTme Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  3. hoochieking

hoochieking Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's your coolest celebrity pic ever??? :backlol:

Now I know why they call you shithead. :jj:

honestmaxx, Ravens, baci and 11 others like this.
  4. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Let's see your entry

5. Ganggreen87

Ganggreen87 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Aging... ain't it a bitch

6. Tim

Tim ty dawg for gold! Gold

Reputations:
    This is a personal fav of mine. Always cheers me up.

[​IMG]

tom2000, Ctanner, Mur and 52 others like this.
  7. boognishstern

boognishstern Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    this is much cooler
    [​IMG]
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/05/sophia-loren-jayne-mansfield-photo_n_6108252.html

At that moment, Jayne Mansfield arrived. The crowd of guests parted to let her through as she headed straight for my table. She moved forward, swaying on her heels, perhaps not completely sober, with something grand and imperious about each step she took. She knew everyone had their eyes on her, and how could anyone not gape at her neckline, which was more than generous. It was as if she were saying: “Here comes Jayne Mansfield. The Blond Bombshell!” She sat next to me at the table and started talking — it was like a volcano erupting. As she got more and more worked up, suddenly I found one of her breasts on my plate. I looked up at her, terrified ... One especially quick reporter took a picture of the scene, and the image went around the world. I refused to autograph it. Hidden behind Hollywood’s enchanted kingdom were some coarse and grotesque sides, which I refused to have anything to do with.

8. Winston Ono

Winston Ono Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  9. Kilroy

Kilroy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

THIS is the coolest celebrity pic ever..

10. boognishstern

Reputations:
  11. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    :yes:

12. Walygatr

Walygatr Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  13. Whipping Post

Whipping Post VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
  14. Box of Rox

Box of Rox Turgid member VIP

Reputations:
    Who's that?

15. Flabo

Flabo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    One of the most sexiest and iconic photos ever?!?! The article says. If it was so iconic why haven't I ever seen it before? I'm gonna bet she just wanted a little bit of stardom before she keels over

16. Box of Rox

Box of Rox Turgid member VIP

Reputations:
  17. boognishstern

Reputations:
    there's cooler elvis pics too:grad:
    [​IMG]

18. boognishstern

Reputations:
    dead lead singer of anal cunt
    [​IMG]

19. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Theirs a picture of George C. Scott at an airport. He was drunk and peed his pants. And was being helped by two guys. I forget where I saw it.

Pill Queen and RONNIE THE CLAW like this.
  20. Whipping Post

Whipping Post VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations: