Cop handcuffs Fire Fighter trying to help people

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by chapped, Feb 6, 2014.

1. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;5OVCbadSqQg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OVCbadSqQg[/video]

2. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
  3. chapped

Reputations:

fixed

4. HS Cult Leader

Reputations:
    The fire fighters should have got on their truck and told the CHP to handle it and head out!

I have family in the CHP too.

5. chapped

Reputations:
    CHULA VISTA (CBS 8) -- Officials from both the California Highway Patrol and Chula Vista Fire Department Wednesday responded to an incident that left a firefighter in handcuffs at an accident site in the South Bay.
    CBS News 8 cameras were rolling around 9:00 p.m. Tuesday when the two got into a dispute over where the fire engine should park while firefighters were responding to the crash that happened north on I-805 between Telegraph Canyon Road and East Orange Avenue.
    According to officials, the officer told firefighters to move three fire engines from the fast lane, and two complied, but one firefighter refused that request and continued giving aid to the crash victims.
    Exclusive video from CBS News 8 shows the CHP officer cuffing the firefighter, identified as Jacob Gregoire, 36, at the scene of the accident. In the background, other fire crews and officers can be seen tending to the victims of the rollover accident.

The firefighter, who's been with the fire department for 12 1/2 years, was detained in the back of a CHP vehicle for about half an hour before being released.

CHP has not released the officer name or if he has or has not been reprimanded for the incident.
    The driver of a white Honda Civic involved in the crash was transported to the hospital. No word on the condition of the second driver.
    Representatives from the CHP and Chula Vista Fire Department met Wednesday to discuss the details of this incident. Wednesday afternoon, the two agencies released the following joint statement:
    "Last night there was an unfortunate incident at the scene of a traffic collision on I-805, where both our agencies had responded. Both the CHP and the Chula Vista Fire Department share a common goal of protecting the public and providing the highest level of safety to responding emergency personnel, involved parties and other drivers at collision scenes.

Both of our agencies have the utmost respect for each other and our respective missions. This was an isolated incident and not representative of the manner in which our agencies normally work together toward our common goal.

6. Lester

Lester Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fucking cops. Then they wonder why people hate and do not trust the police.

7. chapped

Reputations:
    I have two friends that work for the CHP in SD and there is NO fucking way that fire fighter did anything wrong..

they were using the fire engine to protect the people in that roll over... so it causes back up.. so fucking what?

people can wait... this is san diego .. not los angles its not going to kill anyone

8. chapped

Reputations:
    slapping the cuffs on a fire fighter is like kicking a puppy on live tv.. not too many people are going to let that slide

9. HS Cult Leader

Reputations:

This is the reason they park the truck to block traffic from where they are working:

[video=youtube;Qog2UwBaGKc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qog2UwBaGKc[/video]

[video=youtube;rhpA1InrFTk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhpA1InrFTk[/video]

It is so common, especially in California, where CHP's, cops, firemen, and CalTrans workers are hit/killed on CA freeways. My Mom's hairdressers husband worked for CalTrans and was killed on a freeway while spraying weeds. The driver run over the signs, a few dozen cones, drove through the truck trailer and then over her husband.

10. chapped

Reputations:

the cops ego was way more important

11. skylarbrie

skylarbrie VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
  12. HS Cult Leader

Reputations:
    Here's the case when the Captain was awarded $17,500 for being arrested.

[video=youtube;DKzojYvXn20]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKzojYvXn20[/video]

But that's something that pisses me off too! When cops or any other municipal, state, or federal worker over reaches and damages are awarded to someone that they harmed. That money doesn't come out of their pocket, of even their Christmas Party fund, the tax payers always pay that shit! I love it when they say, NO, the department insurance will pay it. O.K., and who'll pay the rate hikes the next time they are due?

13. Tommy

Tommy New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    There are too many dumb cops out there. They get a taste of authority and they like it. Then they turn into bullies.

The problem is: they think they are SO smart because 1) they hang out with other dumb cops and 2) civilians aren't willing to call them out because they don't want to risk arrest, even though calling a cop stupid isn't illegal.

14. harlock

harlock ancora imparo Gold

Reputations:
    you're not just risking arrest with some of them.

15. Psyche

Psyche Freethinker

Reputations:
    :6gunz:

16. MFnAntiChrist

MFnAntiChrist Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Damn. No criminal activity? Firefighters take the lead. That simple. Another out of control cop on the streets. People should be afraid.

17. Mulletude

Mulletude I'm Big In The Hate Club, Ya Know VIP

Reputations:
    Ain't it the truth?:hole:

18. harlock

Reputations:
    that is always how i've seen it done. :dontknow:

19. chapped

Reputations:

can you imagine how that asshole cop treats regular people ???

i mean fuck me this was a 12 year veteran fire fighter helping a crash victim with a tv camera crew on hand!!

fuck if he ever pulls my ass over i am fucked... i need to have my friends right me a note

20. harlock

Reputations:
    that can't hurt. srs. also, see if they have ant extra Fraternal Order of Police stickers for your car.