Cops Kick Driver 5 Times - suffering from diabetic shock

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by dawg, Jan 15, 2013.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    A Las Vegas police officer is being investigated by a federal grand jury after he kicked a man in diabetic shock five times in the head during a traffic stop, it was revealed today.

Henderson police sergeant Brett Seekatz was caught on dashboard camera beating Adam Greene after he was dragged from his car in the controversial 2010 incident.

In the video, Greene was stopped by officers who said they thought he was driving drunk. The diabetic was in fact suffering from severe hyperglycemia while on his way to work.

[LIVELEAK]93d_1358280118[/LIVELEAK]

2. Gwarn1

Gwarn1 Worlds poorest sugar daddy VIP

Reputations:
    He should of stopped resisting

3. Mark Mayonnaise

Mark Mayonnaise You look like a tree! VIP

Reputations:
  4. Mark Mayonnaise

Mark Mayonnaise You look like a tree! VIP

Reputations:
  5. Mur

Mur soon VIP

Reputations:
    Cop laughing at the end maniacally. :lmao:

6. fletchman71

fletchman71 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Cops that wear one piece jumpsuits are phaggots.

7. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    There goes his career. And possibly his freedom...

8. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    Oooops!

9. Dirty South

Dirty South Large Member

Reputations:
    Hopefully the pig doing the kicking will lose his badge, catch a couple felony convictions, be sued for more money than he can ever possibly hope to repay, and lose his wife to a black guy.

10. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    I can see where they thought he was drunk, cant fault them for that. However, the line was crossed when they violated his civil rights.

11. Dirty South

Dirty South Large Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, when you've already got 5 cops holding a guy down it's sort of hard to explain why you felt the need to kick the suspect in the head, REPEATEDLY. :jj:

12. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    I don't understand why he had his gun drawn as he approached the car

13. BaddFunn

BaddFunn Kick ass fuck yeah VIP

Reputations:
    that may have been a tad excessive

14. BaddFunn

BaddFunn Kick ass fuck yeah VIP

Reputations:
    I know, right? The guy was clearly white.

15. Chief2Kick

Chief2Kick I'm all sixes & sevens & nines Staff Member

Reputations:
    Around here kicking someone in the head is felony assault.

16. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The cop should be charged with stupidity and thrown in jail.

17. Lemmy

Reputations:
    They weren't even good kicks......if I'm going to jail it's gonna be worth it!

18. Lucky Pierre

Lucky Pierre Well-Known Member

Reputations:

This.

It's not like it was a fight at that point. They just wanted to punish him. The cops should get jail time and every other cop who saw it and didn't turn them it should get jail time too, supervisors who reviewed the film, etc.

Fuck them.

19. Lemmy

Reputations:

No harm in that. If they thought the dude was drunk or evaded for a time then might as well approach with caution.

20. Lucky Pierre

Lucky Pierre Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    A diabetic who was suffering from insulin shock when Nevada police officers mistook him for a drunk driver and physically assaulted him will receive a settlement of nearly $300,000.

Adam Greene, 38, settled his lawsuit against the city of Henderson and the state of Nevada on Tuesday night. Under the settlement, Greene will receive $158,000 from the city and $35,000 from the state. His wife will receive an additional $99,000 from the city.

The payout settles a federal civil rights lawsuit that Greene filed against Henderson city police and the Nevada Highway Patrol, accusing them of battery, assault and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
    "We think it's fair. We agreed to it, and we're satisfied,"Greene told KTNV about the settlement.

The lawsuit stemmed from a Oct. 29, 2010, traffic stop, portions of which were captured by dashboard cameras mounted in four Nevada Highway Patrol cruisers. Those videos were released Wednesday.
    Greene is observed on video swerving in the eastbound lane of the Lake Mead Parkway. When he stops at a traffic light at the Boulder Highway intersection, he is approached by a trooper, who draws his service weapon, kicks the driver's side window and yells, "Don't move! Hey, driver, do not move!"

When the trooper opens the car door, another officer moves in and places a handcuff on one of Greene's wrists. At that point, the state troopers, with assistance from Henderson police officers, pull Greene from his vehicle. The four-door sedan rolls forward until an officer stops it.

Five officers force a dazed and confused Greene to the ground. A sixth officer, from the Henderson police department, then walks over and kicks Greene in the face multiple times, as one of the officers yells, "Stop resisting, motherf***er. Stop resisting, motherf***er!" Another officer repeatedly knees him in the torso.

Once Greene is subdued, an officer finds a vial of insulin on him and announces Greene "could be a diabetic."

Moments later, an officer can be heard talking on the radio to a police dispatcher: "He's a diabetic. He's probably in shock, semiconscious."

Other officers are heard joking about the incident. "[He] was not a small guy," an officer laughs. "I couldn't take him by myself."

Greene was not charged in connection with the traffic stop. At a local hospital, he was treated for low blood sugar and multiple injuries that he said he received during the traffic stop.

"I ended up with two broken ribs. I had some cuts and a black eye on my face," Greene told KTNV. "I was confused, but I wasn't resisting, and I would think this would be incorrect and inappropriate behavior whether I was drunk ... or not drunk."

Greene told the Las Vegas Sun that he was on his way to work when he had the diabetic reaction. He said he is a father of four and has been a diabetic for 26 years.

According to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, a Henderson police sergeant involved in the traffic stop was disciplined but remains employed by the department. Nevada's Fox 5 News has identified four of the Henderson police officers involved in the case as Douglas Lynaugh, Francis Shipp, Seth Vanbeveren and Brett Seekatz.

Despite the ordeal he has been through, Greene, whose father was an Arizona state trooper, said his family does not hold a grudge. "We hold no ill will towards the officers involved or the other police officers in the city, and we support them and we're ready to move on," Greene told 8newsnow.com