Cops kill 95-year-old after resisting medical treatment

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by chapped, Aug 7, 2013.

1. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Family members are questioning the death of a 95-year-old WWII U.S. Air Corps sergeant who killed by cops at an assisted living center last month after resisting medical treatment.

John Wrana died from injuries sustained in an incident, which was later ruled as a homicide by the medical examiner, by Park Forest police on July 27. Police were called to Victory Centre, according to the Chicago Tribune, when it was reported by faculty that he was being “combative,†resisting medical treatment to which he was being “involuntarily†committed to.

[​IMG]

John Wrana with his wife Helen in 2005. (Photo Nick Grapsas via Chicago Tribune)
    A press release from the police department emailed to the Chicago Tribune stated that Wrana was threatening staff and paramedics with his metal cane and a 2-foot shoehorn
    . The report states he later picked up a 12-inch knife.

The Tribune reported that police ordered the man to surrender, but his failure to do so and continued threats resulted in them using a Taser on him and then shooting him with small bean bags. Wrana dropped the knife and was taken to the hospital at this point.

Wrana was conscious when he arrived at a local hospital but died in the early morning hours. The Southtown Star reported the Cook County medical examiner’s office conducting an autopsy that found Wrana died from being shot in the stomach with the 12-gauge shotgun with bean-bag ammo.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...tment-tased-and-shot-with-bean-bags-by-cops/#

EDIT...

This was posted by one of his great-grandchildren

He could barely stand with a cane so this is where we are suspicious, so since a taser reportedly did not take him down they fired 3 shots from a bean bag shotgun into his abdomen. This ruptured his spleen and caused massive internal bleeding. He passed away later that night in the hospital, the next morning they did a segment about it on the local news and that's where we heard the report was he had a 12" butcher knife and was threatening people with it. There would be no possible way for him to obtain a butcher knife in the facility he was staying in they are all in the kitchen which is inaccessible to the residents. I just want to get this information out to the public since the police report does not pass the smell test. If a taser can take down a healthy person how can they claim it did not take down my 95 year old great grand father, we are looking into getting a lawyer to take this to court, and we hope to get some justice from this tragic event. Any information you could provide to help us would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  2. Judy Garland

Judy Garland New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Americans better wake up and support end-of-life rights or we're going to see more of this ugly shit. Seriously, I shouldn't have to beg for the ghost of Dr. Kevorkian to help me end of my life when I'm sick of shitting into a diaper and my asshole grandkids don't even bother to call.

3. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Bitch as generation scrrd of a 95 year old from the greatest generation. What some cop was actually AFRAID the old man was going to get him with a knife?

Cops are USELESS!!!

Only good for lawsuits that drain municipal coffers.

4. hollywoodrose

hollywoodrose Member VIP

Reputations:

Wow, this is your grandfather in this story? I'm not surprised at all about the cops behavior, just so sad that one of our own in the saloon had it happen to them. Ever since our country went downhill (well that last major decline) back in Sept 2001 it's given any institution with any power over citizens carte blanche to act however they want. They've been given the message that the constitution is no longer in effect and that the public is going along with it and is too afraid to stand up and stop it. Our country is a mess and I would do absolutely everything in your power to take action against the offenders. The police report is most definitely a lie (as it almost always is) and cops are taught to lie right from the beginning. The fact that their lies are backed up by their superiors as well as the court system does not make it a good situation. My old man has been a lawyer for over 30 years and I know this behavior inside and out. I also have a grandfather who served in WWII. Most of my older family served in that war as well - my uncle was an officer and he saw a few of the camps and was in bertchesgaden not long after the 101st got there.

But my grandfather is suffering from Alzheimer's and I'm very familiar with these symptoms as well. Seniors with dementia can be very erratic and there's times when he's disagreeable - but they are never a threat to armed law enforcement officers. If you see anyone at this age suffering from this you'll know what I mean. I don't wanna go on too long about this but my heart goes out to you and it really bums me out to see what's happened to our country. Our government, politicians and police should be so scared of us they wouldn't even dream of doing something like this. One of the things we need to do is to start exercising the lesser known older laws on the books that guarantee us all sorts of protection against abuses of power like this. Right now there's no longer any restraints on so many of the powers over us in this country and as a result there's massive abuse and corruption. And until we take that back, all you can do is just hope that it doesn't happen to you. That's not a place anybody should be stuck in in a "free country".

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  5. Nunz

Nunz Lar's lurking. VIP Gold

Reputations:
  6. CaptainFrank

CaptainFrank Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    hollywood rose.. you need to work on your reading comprehension.. this did not happen to xaiver's relative... its another cut and paste job... he scours the internet to find stories of cop wrong doing, and then for some reason posts them on a forum designed to feature Howard Stern stories.

We all know how go to reddit.. you don't have to repost everything here..

7. CaptainFrank

CaptainFrank Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The cops used a taser and then a bean bag device, both less lethal than a regular gun. He likely developed an injury from the impact and had a bleed, that killed him.

I wasnt there so I don't know and neither do you what happened. Lucikily, we live in America, and a grand jury made up of civilians will review the case, as they do all police shootings and if the police acted improperly, they will be indicted and face trial.

you can stop your hysterics.

8. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Methinks Xavier has issues with authority figures.

9. Brokenbad

Brokenbad Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Another Shoedini badass

[​IMG]

10. StRyDeRxX

StRyDeRxX Bling Bling Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

11. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    Usually I side with the Cop no matter what, but this one raises some questions. :facepalm:

12. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    yeah, just read the article.
    As for Americans accepting the results of fair jury trials? apparently, we're more inclined to trees and ropes at this point. oh the irony

13. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

The Only good Cop is a X COP

[video=youtube;WQfkQ8hhbro]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQfkQ8hhbro[/video]

[video=youtube;8g2ni96qrfk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g2ni96qrfk[/video]

[video=youtube;baWasA8sp7I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baWasA8sp7I[/video]

:finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger:

14. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:

go take your meds and shut the fuck up... how is that for advice?

dude i will post whatever the fuck i want... you claim to be a cop well then you should be sicken by this shit rather than get a tampon up your ass whenever it gets pointed out....

we all know that you are always going to stick up for shitty cops no matter how obvious it is that they are cock suckers... your opinion carries as much weight as BOBO's

or Marion From Brooklyn

15. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    this. at 95 this guy was on his way out anyway.

we all better make sure we have medical directives or have "a way out" kit when we get up there in years.

16. BringBackJackie

BringBackJackie Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:

[​IMG]

Got to side with the cops on this one. You can see the knife in question right there in the picture.

17. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    Shit, my dad is only 72 and he can barely walk. Doctors can't figure out why. He sits all day, reading and watching tv. Barely eats. Drinks all day. Clearly he's depressed. I see him and he seems to have a look on his face that he just wants it to be over. He hasn't stopped taking his meds yet, but a day is going to come where he does. Any fucking cop who comes in and tries to force him to take them better watch his back.

18. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    Imagine having to wake up to the thing on the left every morning? Aging sucks ass....

19. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    He looked pretty tough to me. Thank God the police were able to take another punk off the streets. The good news is the police didn't have to shoot the family dog this time.

20. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Photoshoppers please get to work on a Great Santini themed avatar for Xavier.