Cops Shoot Staten Island man

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by CaptainFrank, Aug 16, 2015.

1. CaptainFrank

CaptainFrank Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    -
    Oh yeah, they shot him;

After he was released form prison for murdering others..he was first jailed for murdering someone when he was 16...

He had 17 other felony arrests..

He slashed a guy in prison requiring 60 stitches to the face..

after he wrote "today i die" on his facebook page while the cops surrounded the house... and spent hours trying to convince him to surrender peacefully...

After he shot a NYC FIREMAN, who was just dispatched to stand by in case the kook torched his house.. then shot at the cops some more...

After he came out shooting with an AK 47, with 100 rounds of ammo..

oh, and after the cops flew a NYPD HELICOPTER TO DELEWARE to fly his mother up to try to get him to surrender..

Think of this in a month when some douche-bag posts a meme about how the cops are all trigger happy, and the cops in Sweden don't shoot anyone..

Batwings, Fuzz Nuts and SillyOldMan like this.
  2. CaptainFrank

CaptainFrank Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Gangbanger ex-con shot dead after he blasted firefighter, set Staten Island home on fire as federal marshals came to arrest him: officials
    BY JOHN MARZULLI , CARTER COUDRIET , MOLLY CRANE-NEWMAN , LARRY MCSHANE

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Published: Friday, August 14, 2015, 6:54 AM

Updated: Saturday, August 15, 2015, 12:29 AM
    • A
    • A
    • A

SHARE THIS URL
    [​IMG]
    Stand off in Staten Island ends with gunman dead
    NY Daily News

[​IMG]
    His death wish came true.

Gangbanging ex-con Garland Tyree made good Friday on his vow of a fight to the fatal finish, dying in a shootout with police after an intense six-hour standoff, officials said.

“Today I die,” the career criminal declared in a chilling Facebook post about an hour after he ignited a smoke grenade and pumped two bullets into an FDNY lieutenant as a routine arrest went wildly awry.

The deadly day began around 5:45 a.m. when a team of city cops and federal marshals tried to grab Tyree, a high-ranking member of the notorious Bloods street gang, who traveled to the Bahamas, a violation of his parole.

[​IMG]
    PreviousNext
    EnlargeJOE MARINO/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Purcee Tyree, mother of Garland, was flown in from Delaware to help negotiate with her barricaded son.
    A police source said the trip was tied to a drug deal. The Staten Island drama ended shortly after noon when their doomed and deranged target, in a bulletproof vest, charged up the steps from his Staten Island basement apartment with his AK-47 blazing.

Minutes later, Tyree’s bullet-riddled body was lying on the ground outside the apartment entrance. Tyree had served nearly two decades behind bars and vowed never to return.

“He came out firing numerous rounds,” said NYPD Chief Harry Widen of the Special Operations Division. “Our officers immediately returned fire.”

[​IMG]FDNY
    FDNY Lt. James Hayes was shot when Tyree opened fire just before 6 a.m., officials said.
    Seven of the 25 Emergency Services Unit cops surrounding the home fired at Tyree, according to police sources. Tyree’s last words were to his mother, who was flown north by NYPD helicopter from Delaware in hopes of a peaceful resolution to an increasingly nerve-wracking situation.

The two spent three minutes chatting on the phone before Tyree announced his plans to surrender.

“He said to his mother, ‘I’m coming out now, Mama, I love you,’ ” said police hostage negotiator Lt. Jack Cambria. “It was very sweet.”

FACEBOOK
    The suspect was identified as 38-year-old Garland Tyree, an ex-con.
    Enlarge
    [​IMG]FACEBOOK
    Tyree is a former member of the Bloods gang with 18 prior arrests on his record.
    Enlarge
    Instead, Tyree, 38, began firing through a basement window, hitting a police vehicle and a neighbor’s car, before emerging from his subterranean lair with the assault weapon and shooting at cops behind protective shields.

His mother, Purcee, and one of his sisters, Arlene, were led away from the multiple-family home, weeping and screaming, when the shooting stopped.

Hours before his fatal showdown with police, Tyree was with a young woman identified as Me-Me Emanuel Emanuel, according to his Facebook account.

[​IMG]

EnlargeJOE MARINO/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    U.S. marshals arrived to arrest Tyree, but he not before he could fire some shots from an assualt rifle at the authorities who surrounded his house.
    The gal pal wasn’t at the scene on Friday, but she posted on Facebook that Tyree was “the only man that really ever truly loved me.”

“I don’t care who hates me, who is mad at me or who thinks they knowwtf is up,” the woman wrote. “All I know is that Garland Tyree loved the s--- out of me and I loved him too.”

Last night, a woman who identified herself as the grandmother of a woman named Michelene Fields, told the Daily News her granddaughter “grew up with” Tyree.

[​IMG]FACEBOOK
    Tyree posted this to his Facebook after allegedly shooting at law enforcement agents.
    She called the shootout “a terrible tragedy.”

One source told The News that Tyree’s slaying was a case of suicide by cop.

“He knew there were lots of heavily armed police officers waiting,” Cambria said.

[​IMG]FACEBOOK
    The Staten Island man claims his door was kicked in.
    Cops recovered three handguns in addition to the AK-47 from the dead man’s apartment, along with a pair of magazines loaded with more than 100 rounds of ammunition.

Tyree spent virtually his entire adult life behind bars, and was a high-ranking “O.G.” in the Bloods, said Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce.

His first bust was on a homicide rap at age 16, followed by 17 more arrests — including three federal convictions, two on gun charges. He was also found guilty of assaulting another inmate while in the federal Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn, inflicting a gash that required 60 stitches to close.

Tyree was paroled on his latest charge just 13 months ago, and was to be on parole through next year.

The felon sported an “NTG” tattoo over his right eye, for the Nine Trey Gangstas.

Tyree was alone inside his home at the building on Destiny Court in the Mariner’s Harbor section when the marshals arrived. Once smoke began pouring from the basement — from a smoke grenade Tyree lobbed at the door — the federal agents called the FDNY. Fire Lt. James Hayes, a 31-year fire veteran, headed inside through the smoke to see if anyone was trapped — and he was shot twice by Tyree, authorities said.

Hayes, struck in the buttocks and left calf, was listed in stable condition at Richmond University Medical Center.

After blasting the unsuspecting firefighter, Tyree squeezed off another three shots at police without hitting anyone. Tyree provided a Facebook update, noting that cops “kicked in my door and it popped off.”

Tyree was an avid reader in prison and even penned a couple of books about gang life.

He published his first novel, “The Trey Way,” a fictional account of a gang leader who controls gang activity from behind bars.

“I was focused, I knew there was no going back for me,” he told StrikkklyHipHop.com in an interview last year. “I knew going back was a life sentence.”

Following the standoff, cops were alerted to be aware of possible retaliation.

“There are no specific threats about retaliation, we just wanted everyone to be aware that a major player in the gang world was killed in a shootout with the cops,” a high ranking NYPD source said.

ON A MOBILE DEVICE? WATCH THE VIDEO HERE.

With RACHELLE BLIDNER, LAURA BULT, RYAN SIT, ROCCO PARASCANDOLA, RICH SCHAPIRO, THOMAS TRACY

3. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    yeah I seen that

4. Slow

Slow My name is my name DawgShed News

Reputations:
  5. Slow

Slow My name is my name DawgShed News

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] My baby dindu nuffin

isabella likes this.
  6. Just Me

Just Me VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    This is terrible, yes, so I hope nobody makes fun of the Fireman's red wig. It would be in poor taste.

7. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    whatyoutalkingbout!? you red haired devil! he was such a good boy, had hands in the air, skittles, and all dat sheit

8. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    i'm waiting for people to blame his death on the lack of gun controls.

9. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    why waste all the time trying to get him to surrender....he should have been dispatched right away or at least killed in prison.

10. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
  11. TheSurvivingJesusTwin

TheSurvivingJesusTwin Half as ubiquitous

Reputations:
    i don't understand how a guy with that kind of record gets let out of jail. throw the fucking key away.

Slow, Turtle Man, reno and 1 other person like this.
  12. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    It would appear he was not unarmed

13. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    the blaek yuts just need their space to blow off steam.

that mentality is prevalent in Baltimore; it probably is in SI also.

14. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    he had an AR15. think it was legally obtained?

15. TheSurvivingJesusTwin

Reputations:
    or that he was shot in the ass.

16. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    If he wanted to die, just shoot yourself. No need to shoot a Fireman.

17. TheSurvivingJesusTwin

Reputations:
    yeah that's what sucks the most about spree killers too. they always kill themselves last! fuckin' assholes.

Batwings and reno like this.