Shop Now At Amazon

COPS: Two men slaughtered family's pet for Thanksgiving dinner...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HS Cult Leader, Nov 23, 2012.

1. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    [h=1]Police: Jacob Provo and Joshua Anderson steal, kill Florida family's pet turkey for Thanksgiving meal[/h] [h=6]11:02 AM, Nov 21, 2012[/h]
    [​IMG]

[h=6]Written by[/h] Pensacola News Journal

Gulf Breeze, Florida (PNJ) -- Tom the turkey had lived happily on Brian and Christa Caponi's 6-acre spread in Gulf Breeze for the past year along with their menagerie of cats, goats, a dog, chickens and roosters.
    He was special among their 50 or so animals, Christa said.
    "He was a family pet," she said. "It was like having a normal family dog."
    But when her husband got up early Monday morning to feed the animals, the 30-pound Tom was missing.
    He soon discovered a trail of blood and feathers and feared the worst.
    Then, upon looking at a recording from a security camera on the property, he saw one man stealing Tom and another running along the fence line.
    Monday, two Santa Rosa County men, one of them a neighbor, were charged with stealing the bird and using a bow and arrow to kill it.
    Santa Rosa County sheriff's deputies arrested Joshua W. Anderson, 19, and Jacob H. Provo, 18, who live near the Caponis. They are charged with armed burglary, armed trespassing, theft of livestock and animal cruelty.
    They admitted that they planned to eat Tom for Thanksgiving and were on the way to butcher it when they were arrested.
    Some of Tom's feathers were found in a shed on the Caponis' property. His body was found in the back of Provo's pickup.
    "It's been a very rough two days," Christa said.
    Tom will be missed, she said.
    "He was so friendly," she said.
    Brian Caponi told deputies he suspected Provo because his pickup had been parked on Ocean Breeze Lane near the Caponi residence. While Provo lived on Ocean Breeze, there was no reason for him to be near their home at the dead-end of the road, he said.
    Deputies investigated the tip and stopped Provo, who was driving the pickup in the area Monday afternoon. Anderson was with him in the truck.
    Provo initially told a deputy that he had killed the bird in Milton, according to the report.
    But after questioning, Provo told deputies that he had entered the Caponis' property armed with a bow and arrow. He said he went into the pen where Tom was and shot him with an arrow, the arrest report said.
    Anderson told officers that he was accompanying Provo when the turkey was killed, the report said.
    The men are in the Santa Rosa County jail on bonds of $57,000.
    The Caponis expect to have a tough Thanksgiving.
    "My husband and I are big animal lovers," Christa said. "Our animals are very close to us."

2. Smartguy

Smartguy Active Member

Reputations:
    No better way to honor the memory of their pet turkey than to make him the main course at their celebration.

3. SouthernListen

SouthernListen PLATINUM SPONSOR VIP

Reputations:
    Flori-duh. I spent a decade there one year.

4. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    the two would never have made it to be arrested had that been my pet and i saw them on the security tapes.

5. cheezedbyfate

cheezedbyfate Active Member

Reputations:
    white people....

6. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    it's ALWAYS floriduh! any time something bizarre happens chances are it happens in florida. i've been here for 3 yrs and although i love the easy laidback lifestyle, we have some "interesting" types of people.
    rednecks, haitians, retirees, jews, wasps, hispanics, fishermen, rich, poor, transients, rehabs, tourists and not much industry....alot of florida is still rural and alot of it's jobs are in the service industry. it seems as though most people are on a permanent vacation.
    a very weird mix of residents.

and the weather...............:)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  7. SouthernListen

SouthernListen PLATINUM SPONSOR VIP

Reputations:
    The people from the north seem to love the warm weather there. I'm from the south and hated it. It gets just as hot here but not for what seems to be 9 months a year. We had a beach place on Amelia Island for a while. Much nicer than inland on the island, very laid back(unlike much of S Florida in my experience), but drive over the bridge to the mainland and it's a Dukes of Hazzard episode. Except they're mean as snakes. Great state to visit. Wouldn't live there again. And the freaking water destroys the paint job on your car.

8. RobinsBedSores

RobinsBedSores Active Member

Reputations:
    A bird as a pet? Now I've heard everything. :p

9. stripes

stripes New Member VIP

Reputations:
    killing a fucken turkey on thanksgiving is not that big a story. the news painted the story like it was the family dog...big fucken deal.

10. Howard Stork

Howard Stork Active Member

Reputations:
    Turkeys aren't pets....they are made of meat.

11. Thedomina

Thedomina Unfriendly Gold

Reputations:
    :jj:

12. Thedomina

Thedomina Unfriendly Gold

Reputations:
    It was pet to them. Those assholes are just malicious and should be carved up for dinner for an alligator.

13. stripes

stripes New Member VIP

Reputations:
    it wasnt a cat or a dawg, it was a fucken TURKEY which this country likes to eat. was it very neighborly, nope. did they hurt their neighbors feelings, yup. was it a yummy turkey, yup.

14. Imus O Sternsky

Imus O Sternsky VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    White Trash

15. Brokenbad

Brokenbad Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There was a documentary on the other nite (PBS) where a guy found some wild turkey eggs and hatched them so they recognized him as their mother. Followed him around for like a year and a half. Very close bond. One hen had eggs and was found eaten. A couple more ran away and one male stuck around until one day he attacked the man who then had to bang him on the side of the head with a tree limb. The bird never returned after that.

Domestic Turkeys may be tamer for pets but wild Turkeys get wild.

16. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    a pet is a pet. you kill it, they find your body in the landfill 20 yrs later.

17. RobinsBedSores

Reputations:
    If it was a parakeet or a cockatoo or a pelican the outrage would make sense. But a turkey! The theft is what I have the most problem with.

18. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    wild birds don't take shit from anyone: their ancestors were raptors, and that's still inside them somewhere. my parrots are not domesticated and i have the proof on my feet, and my birds seem to love me. their instincts are more powerful than their awareness: the girl bites first and then has no idea why i am yelling at her. I'm just lucky i still have my right earlobe...

19. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    the birds don't know the difference so why should it matter? a pet was killed. pets are family members.

20. RobinsBedSores

Reputations:
    I kind of regret my initial ignorance. I've had birds as pets before and they were great mates.