Could Sal Save the HSS?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by peterfonda, Aug 14, 2013.

1. peterfonda

peterfonda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I know it will never happen, but if Howard put Sal in the Artie chair and gave him free rein to speak, like Artie had, would the show be markedly improved?

I think it would. Sal is one of the few consistently funny people on the show. The man (or at least his on-air persona) has no filter.

2. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    I think if they put him in the Howard chair, and Richard in the Artie chair, then you might have something.

3. Lifendz

Lifendz Member

Reputations:
    If Howard is still on the show, then no. Nothing can stop him from talking about how much weight he needs to lose and all his celebrity friends and celeb filled parties.

4. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    Sal is boring unless he has a joke writer feeding him lines. on his own he was unable to do more than 2 min of standup.

5. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    I thought Sal was funny off the cuff in his fight with Artie.

Could he save the show? I don't know with Howard there. He would probably shut down Sal every five seconds to talk about AGT or the Hamptons with gold digger.

6. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    I think the only material he can come up with on his own is gay sex with Richard and that gets old fast.

7. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    If allowed, Sal could absolutely save the show.

But it really sounds like the hammer has been coming down on Sal and others.

I heard on the WUS Sal say something like, "I'm just glad to contribute to the show."

That sounds like a beaten man almost begging for work.

8. Dlist

Dlist Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    :roll: Free rein

9. Phillipmcd

Phillipmcd Active Member

Reputations:
    To save the HSS Howard has to leave

10. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Too late to save the show.

Also Howard would never let him.

11. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    Remember when they tried Shuli out in the Artie chair?

Oooofah.

It wasn't as bad as when Shuli is on air with Jay Thomas, but it was still pretty bad.

12. HubArkishh

HubArkishh Active Member

Reputations:
    This is an obvious solution, yet Wiggy is never gonna allow it

13. Bethstampon

Bethstampon Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Team Governale! Pon getting ripped. His Mona Lisa.

[video=youtube_share;aCABCwt7waM]http://youtu.be/aCABCwt7waM[/video]

14. hypo666

hypo666 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I remember the competition that Sal and Richard were in, Sal won amongst the staff (even howard voted for him ),but richard did better with the listeners.I also thought he could even hold his own against artie in an argument, and I even think Artie was a little threatened by SAL, I don't think artie had any respect for richards talent in the slightest. Of the two I always thought Sal is much funnier than richard,there could be more to sal than taking another mans balls in his mouth and I think sal knows this . , he can be very cutting in arguments off the cuff , and most important he has no limits, his perversions, sexism racism and his the events of 'maritial bliss' with his attractive wife if allowed a bigger outlet in the artie chair, would in my view keep the show going on. I don't think however he has the management skills over constructing 'bits' like others who have been on the show, that is the weakness with him but in some ways he reminds me of a rougher edged less intelligent pre evolved howard. But that would be enough to save the show .

Unfortunately ,the show seems to be going in a different family friendly direction ,so this will probably never come to pass.

15. zerokarma

zerokarma Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If they put Sal in the Artie chair and didn't censor or muzzle him then it may breath new life into the show but Howard doesn't want anything like that. Howard has strangled the life out the show.

16. Bethstampon

Bethstampon Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Sal unloading on Goodstien's Wife. What happened to this show?

[video=youtube_share;qBqRVBgTnRo]http://youtu.be/qBqRVBgTnRo[/video]

17. Robert Higgins

Robert Higgins Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I like Sal but he is a fucking retard.

18. twitchz28

twitchz28 Member

Reputations:
    I definitely don't think it would save it, but it would make it way better. Unfortunately even if Howard ever did go for it Sal would never be able to talk freely like Artie did and wouldn't have the balls to. But if they just let him go off and say and do whatever he wanted i'm sure we would get tons of laughs and tons of material because for every joke he made that was actually funny, he would do or say something dumb as shit that they could torture him for and turn into a half hour of material.

19. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    Come on....the show had turned to shit before Artie was canned. Howard controls the show and always has. Whatever he wants to do, they do. Problem is, Howard's become an unfunny, hypocrite, dishonest douche, who only wants to discuss AGT and his Hamptons lifestyle and his trophy horse's projetcs.

Sal is not going to be able to save THSS. Sal is a bit player, and his act would only go so far, even if Howard still cared about entertaining his audience.

20. Phantom Lord

Phantom Lord Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There are 2 key things missing from the show right now that can be easily fixed. And I'm not taking about the schedule because that wont change. I was listening to a couple old clips last week and what stood out to me is how funny they were. Here is why they need the Artie chair filled.

1.) They need to inject more humor into the show. Robin is not funny. Benji and Fred don't talk so it is up to Howard to provide all of the comedic material. This was something in the past that Jackie, Billy, and Artie could help out with big time.

2.) They need a "guys guy" to have some input into the show. Howard has said he has the TV viewing habits of a 13-year old girl. Howard can't talk about sports, food, or even what it is like to be a normal guy. Artie was able to do that on many levels and relate to a blue collar guy or someone who doesn't watch The Bachelor.

There are a million other things they need to fix but they are wasting that chair and microphone. Shuli and Jon Hein wont work. Adam Carolla could be a possibility, but there a tons of other talented comedians that would love to sit in that chair.