Couldn't Romney have "evolved" too?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by JoeyG, Aug 1, 2012.

1. JoeyG

JoeyG Active Member

Reputations:
    Howard was ripping Romney yesterday for lying. Played tapes of him a few years ago saying he was basically pro choice when he was running for governor. Now, he's running for pres, of course, and Howie played tapes of him now saying he is pro life. Called him a liar and that all politicians lie. It just made me wonder why Howard would call someone else changing his position on a certain subject a liar, but when he does it, he's "evolving".

2. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    listen...only Howard evolves! NO ONE ELSE!!!

what do you do for a living?

3. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Only Stern is allowed to evlolve, everyone else is a flip flopping hypocrite, that is unless you agree with howard on an issue, then you are enlightened. That and the fact that Stern is a limousine liberal these days and firmly on the team Obama. He hasn't supported a republican for presidents since at least the 1980s (and i'm not even sure he did then) and he is not going to start now.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  4. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    Funny, but I was thinking about this the other day when he started waving his liberal flag again. Any time that Howard said he listens to the news, it is Fox News. He has said on a number of occasions that he watches Fox News a lot. Now, if he is truly liberal - if he has "evolved" - there is NO WAY that he would be watching Fox News as much as he does. I think this is another lie in a series of lies. He is trying to make the transition to one of the Hollywood elite, and they would certainly be less likely to accept him if he were not left-leaning, or if he did not appear to be left-leaning. I just think he is a closet Republican/fiscal conservative. He goes into the voting booth and votes "R".

5. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    he wanted rudy in the last election

i think most people watch fox, simply because its far more entertaining than the other 'news' channels.

6. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Howard has evolved. He hasn't wished cancer on Romney yet.

7. fletchman71

fletchman71 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I agree with you. Howard has stated that he is liberal on social issues but is fiscally conservative and based on the fact that he loves money over everything else in the world shows that he would most likely vote republican.

8. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    the last 4 republican presidents/nominees have not been fiscal conservatives though, so i dont see how it makes sense to vote R solely for that reason

9. fletchman71

Reputations:
    Obama and the liberals want to tax people like Howard a lot more so Howard will not be voting for those people. It is Marblenomics.

10. Popeye Saavedra

Popeye Saavedra Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    No.

11. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    generally people change gradually in response to some stimulus, sometimes internal but usually external. Romney has always gotten everything he's ever wanted so what stimulus could elicit a change?

in this way he is a lot like Howard: once he got everything he wanted, he stopped wanted to do better, wanting to change. unless you want to change, you generally don't.

12. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    No doubt. Plus I just heard today that buried in the ObamaCare bill is a provision that would impose a Medicare tax of 3.8% on unearned income, including the sale of homes. This of course would kick in after the election. Anyway, can you imagine how much that would cost Howard if he sold Chimneyland or one of his "apartments"?
    http://www.gop.gov/blog/10/04/08/obamacare-flatlines-obamacare-taxes-home

13. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    so did mccain, he voted against every bush tax cut. and pallin implemented the higher tax that exists in our country. are those 2 part of the liberals you are talking about? so i just dont grasp why he (or anyone) would vote R, solely based on that issue.
    if they wanted to, why havent they? they had control of congress.

14. fletchman71

Reputations:
    There is no use debating you as you obviously don't understand the allure the marble has on Howard. Voting for Mccain/Palin would have been the lesser of two evils.

15. slab0meat

slab0meat negative creep

Reputations:
    Can't add anything new, but will post anyway.. all about Howard.. he's allowed to evolve, others are just liars and hypocrites.

16. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    " are those 2 part of the liberals you are talking about? "
    i understand the allure, i just dont understand how the R vote would have translated to marbles. i dont understand hows its lessor(on that issue), based on the points i made.
    also, do you feel howard should pay less % tax than gary?

17. fletchman71

Reputations:
    It's obvious you know nothing or are totally ignorant as to what the liberal agenda is vs the conservative agenda. Liberals want to create class warfare and say that the rich don't pay their fair share which is false.They also want to tax everyone and feel that only the government knows what's in their best interests. Conservatives want ALL PEOPLE to be able to keep the money they earn so they can invest it and create wealth from the investments which in turn will be put back into the economy. Romney doesn't pay as much because the bulk of his income comes from interest from his investments. What is wrong with that? He already paid taxes when he was working and now that he was able to take his earnings and put it in stocks or other investment accounts he should not have to get taxed on it again. Why can't you understand something as simple as that but you get on the bandwagon of "Rich people don't pay their taxes!" without even knowing what you are talking about. The top 5% of earners in the country pay 95% of the taxes. When the media starts saying that 46% or something like that doesn't pay taxes they are trying to say that it's the corporations or rich people but in reality it is the people on welfare that are not paying taxes.

18. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    howard has his marching orders from the haaaaamptons liberal cocktail party circuit. romney didn't make any gaffes on his trip abroad...the media is hellbent on destroying any chance he has to be president.
    although i'm very pro-choice and libertarian on social issues i'm willing to overlook what romney has to do to be elected. he will govern from the center.
    IMO, romney will make a good president.

19. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    you are arguing against things i have not said. i'm for no income tax.
    based on your post, are mcain and pallin part of the liberals you speak of?
    how come you never answer any questions i ever ask?

20. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Romney is pro-life now because he has to be to fit in with the Republican party hierarchy to get what he wants, a presidency. Just as Howard is liberal now to fit in with the Hamptons and show-biz hierarcies, to get what he wants, a TV show, a social life that includes celebrities, and a trophy wife who won't hate him for getting her uninvited to various functions.

In the words of Michael Corleone... "we're all part of the same hypocrisy"