County Sheriff Says Shawshank Escapees Planned On Offing Lover, Who Is Now On Suicide Watch...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by teehee, Jun 17, 2015.

1. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:
    EXCLUSIVE: 'She would have been killed within a week.' Clinton County Sheriff says the 'Shawshank' escapees planned on murdering their 'lover' Joyce Mitchell, who is now on SUICIDE WATCH in prison
    • Clinton County Sheriff David Favro told DailyMail.com that the former prison worker's life 'was in danger absolutely'
    • Referring to David Sweat and Richard Matt, he said: 'They abused her both physically and emotionally'
    • Mitchell is segregated and under 24-hour watch by prison guards
    • Officers are monitoring her for any 'distress or physical issues'
    • It has also been revealed that the convicts may have worked out in the prison gym to reduce their body size
    • They crawled through a 24-inch diameter steam pipe to freedom on June 6
    On-the-run killers David Sweat and Richard Matt would have murdered prison employee Joyce Mitchell within a week of their escape, a top law enforcement official believes.

Speaking exclusively to DailyMail.com, Clinton County Sheriff David Favro said: 'Her life was in danger absolutely.

'These two inmates would have asked, "Would she phone her husband, would she phone her son?" They would probably have killed her within a week.

'They abused her both physically and emotionally and used her. They had got what they had set out for from her.

'Would they have existed as a three? I don't think so. They had set out a plan and I don't think it would have involved her for long had she gone along with it.'

Scroll down for video

[​IMG]

Joyce Mitchell, pictured at a court hearing on Monday, was abused both physically and emotionally by the two 'Shawshank' escapees, according to Clinton County Sheriff David Favro

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On-the-run killers David Sweat (left) and Richard Matt would have murdered Joyce Mitchell within a week of their escape, a top law enforcement official believes. The pair escaped 11 days ago

[​IMG]

Sheriff David Favro, speaking exclusively to DailyMail.com, thinks Mitchell is safer in jail than on the outside

The experienced detective, speaking at the jail cells at Plattsburg where 51-year-old Mitchell is being detained, added: 'She would have been seen as a sign of weakness.

'She assisted them in escaping prison but she has escaped with her life. She should consider herself very fortunate. She truly is better off in a cell at this prison with everything going on. It is the best thing for her.'

Sweat and Matt allegedly lured Mitchell into having sex with them and won her over emotionally, then they convinced her to help them flee the Clinton Correctional Facility and go with them.

But their plan would have been to murder the grandmother and dispose of her body to prevent her from leading cops to them, according to senior officers.

They have told DailyMail.com that she would have been seen as 'a liability and baggage' and the ruthless convicts would have thought nothing of killing her to protect themselves.

Mitchell is currently segregated and under 24-hour watch by prison guards, with officers assigned to watch her closely for any 'distress or physical issues'.

Sources describe her as a 'wreck' - and fear she could harm herself.

She was arrested after reportedly getting cold feet on the day of the escape and checking herself into hospital in the realization that her life was at risk at the hands of the cold-blooded killers.

It has been alleged that Sweat and Matt first persuaded the prison seamstress to help them in October 2013 - and the escape plan was worked on until the day they broke out on June 6.

An intricate blueprint was formulated by the convicts and Mitchell is said to have been sworn to secrecy - although she was only given sketchy details of the escape plan - and was asked to bring in basic tools, including protective eyewear and speed bag gloves.

reno, check1 and Alisonsbankacct like this.
  2. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    You mean prison workers aren't the best and brightest America has to offer?

"What kind of person wants to go to prison every day?" - G. Gordon Liddy

ohmicah and reno like this.
  3. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    She's not the sharpest tool in the shed. She will have years to sit in her cell to think about what she did.

Summer and Scarlett Ohara like this.
  4. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller floating around

Reputations:
    :spit:

Summer likes this.
  5. peterfonda

peterfonda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    See, that's where these guys are different from Andy Dufresne. Andy remembered and helped out his friends, especially Red.

6. Dirty South

Dirty South Large Member

Reputations:
    Apparently one of these escapees has a very large cock, Robin.

7. Scarlett Ohara

Scarlett Ohara VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    They are spending a million dollars a day on the search.

Shortwave98 likes this.
  8. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:

...breaking up is so hard to do. :bigcry:

9. Jayla

Jayla Ou ai-je l'esprit? Gold

Reputations:
    Yes.:) Andy was a good guy.

10. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    Andy Dufresne wasn't a killer. He was framed

11. buried20kleague

buried20kleague Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I can't decide if it would be easy or difficult for me to stay hidden. Part of me thinks it wouldn't be all that difficult... It's a HUGE country, and if you can get out of the primary search area, the chances of being able to blend in probably increases exponentially.

But then again, you would have to steal everything you'd need initially (clothes,food, car, gas, money) and any and all of that could potentially leave a trail.

I guess thankfully I'll never have the opportunity to see how I would do.

12. Petal

Petal A girl in a sea of mults VIP

Reputations:
    Wahhhh. I'm upset that 2 murderers fooled me and lied to me.

Wahhh... they were only using me for sex and drill bits. Wahhh.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
    GLguygardner, Shortwave98 and Stag like this.
  13. peterfonda

peterfonda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    True. But after 19 years in prison and having been subjected to indentured servitude by Warden Norton, he could have changed and become one. He didn't.

14. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    Cloris Leachman would be perfectly cast to play her in a made for TV movie. :up:

TheLACritic likes this.
  15. Stag

Stag Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    She won't have to worry about OSHA coming after her since she snuck them safety glasses

kingship and Petal like this.