Couple Found Guilty Of Murdering Girls Mother And Stuffing Body In Suitcase

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BethSucks, Apr 21, 2015.

1. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    (CNN)An American teenager who helped her boyfriend stuff her mother's lifeless body into a suitcase at an upmarket hotel in Bali has been sentenced to 10 years in prison.

Heather Mack, 19, who gave birth to her own daughter just weeks ago, was found guilty with her 21-year-old boyfriend, Tommy Schaefer, of killing Sheila von Wiese-Mack on the Indonesian island last August.

Schaefer was sentenced to 18 years in prison for battering von Wiese-Mack to death in room 317 of the St. Regis Bali Resort.

Schaefer had claimed he killed his girlfriend's mother in self-defense after a violent argument erupted over the young couple's relationship.

Body stuffed in bag
    The beaten body of von Wiese-Mack was found in a large silver suitcase that the couple had loaded in a waiting taxi outside the resort. They told the driver they'd be back soon, but after a lengthy wait he alerted hotel staff who inspected the bag, noticed blood and called police.

The lovers were arrested after being found the following morning at another hotel about 15 kilometers (nine miles) away.

upload_2015-4-21_10-43-12.gif
    The body of Sheila von Weise Mack was found stuffed in a suitcase at St. Regis Bali Resort last August.

Inside the bag, von Wiese-Mack's body had been wrapped in hotel bedding. A forensic examination determined that she had died from a blunt force to the face that fractured her facial bones and caused her to suffocate.

Described as a Chicago socialite, von Wiese-Mack was reported to have a troubled relationship with her teenage daughter.

Schaefer denied that the murder was premeditated. He told the court that he acted in self-defense when his girlfriend's mother started strangling him during an argument in the Bali hotel room.

"She squeezed my neck for about 20 to 30 seconds. I couldn't breathe. I had blood going to my head and my eyes were so watery," Schaefer told the court.

He said he reached for a nearby bowl "before she could." "I couldn't see for a moment because my eyes were so watery and I was distraught, I was in a state of mind, I had no idea what was happening. I was almost about to black out. And I grabbed it and I started swinging," he told the court.

Mack told the court her mother had threatened to kill the couple's unborn baby, according to local media.

The suitcase found to be holding the body of Sheila von Wiese Mack on August 12, 2014.

The prosecutor alleged that the two planned the murder, because Mack's mother disapproved of their relationship.

After being detained by police, the couple initially claimed they'd been taken captive at the resort by an armed gang, whose members killed Heather's mother, and from whom they managed to escape.

The two were tried separately, though both trials were heard by the same court, with the same prosecutors.

Prosecutors had sought a prison sentence of 18 years for Schaefer and 15 years for Mack.

Under Indonesian law, Mack will be allowed to keep her baby with her in prison for two years, after which she can nominate who should take custody.

Journalists Fairuz Husaini and Ragil Lestari and CNN's Kathy Quiano contributed to this report.

2. BethSucks

Reputations:
  3. rolltide

rolltide Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    They won't be listening to Beyoncé or Jay-Z in this prison.

They are gonna be fending off the retards trying to check if their buttcheeks is warm

Mulletude and AllAboutHim Ed like this.
  4. ilovebacon

ilovebacon Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    ^^ UGGOS ^^

:puke:

5. BethSucks

Reputations:
    Here's what that prick can expect:

[​IMG]

6. rolltide

rolltide Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I'm trying to pick out the alpha silverback and am having some difficulty.

Richards Dad likes this.
  7. Petal

Petal A girl in a sea of mults VIP

Reputations:
    Nothing says "awesome start to life" by living your first 2 years in an Indonesian prison with your asshole mother.

I wonder who she will let "take care" of the baby until she does the full 10 years. I am sure the baby daddy has terrific parents that can step in and be of help. :rolleyes:

I am soooo ready for a happy story in the news these days...

reno, Beffquus, Uncle Larry and 2 others like this.
  8. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    This story is actually pretty unique from the other, uh, you know "Obamar's kid" "savage" "simian-out" etc.

I mean... the mother was a "Chicago socialite"? And she clearly must've had substantial bank, expensive trip and all. And plus, cases where adult child kills parent always make me score it a draw, a) because you gotta really hate your parent to do that, for at least SOME reason, b) your parent has to be a SEVERE basket case to raise someone capable of doing that. I know, "boyfriend did it" whatever, but we're clearly not getting the real story here.

Hey, somewhat interesting at least! A dash of the quirky! Look at that. See, I keep telling you guys they're not all as simple as you think. Got us a little Hardy Boys mystery here. The glass is half full, people.

AmishGirl likes this.
  9. crazypreacher

crazypreacher reDragon Gold

Reputations:
    She looks a tad downsy.

10. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    They're as smart as they are attractive. Their plan was to dump the body in a cab and say 'I'll be right back'??? Good way to get caught 100 times out of 100.

MrPACS, Scarlett Ohara and Petal like this.
  11. BethSucks

Reputations:
    And they did it in Indonesia, if you might go to prison commit the crime in a place like Sweden:

Langholmen prison:

[​IMG]

12. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Finland's good, too. They get weekend spa passes .... :ufacepalm:

Beffquus, Petal and BethSucks like this.
  13. Skipnoid

Skipnoid Lick Me!

Reputations:
    A kid that young should fit right into a carry-on? :dontknow:

14. The Booey

The Booey Well-Known Member

Reputations: