WTF Craigslist Used car for sale -CHEAP!!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by binhphuocngu, Mar 29, 2016.

1. binhphuocngu

binhphuocngu Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ent-a-car-and-then-sell-it-at-mcdonald-s.html
    -----------------
    Nashville Thieves Rent a Car and Then Sell It at McDonald’s

If $30,000 sounds suspiciously low for a nearly new Suburban, you’re a step ahead of the man who answered a Craigslist ad and wound up with a hot car and an empty wallet.
    A Lafayette, Tennessee man thought he’d struck Craigslist gold. The Chevrolet Suburban, normally valued at around $60,000, was selling for half its normal price. All he had to do was bring $30,000 in cash to a McDonald’s parking lot in Nashville, and the new vehicle would be his.

But Kyle Whitlow, the would-be Suburban owner, grew suspicious of the deal when he forked over the $30,000. The 28-year-old handed the cash to two young men, who gave him the Suburban and sped off in their own car without even counting the money. Whitlow’s suspicions grew when he attempted to register the car later that day and found another name on the registry: EAN Holdings LLC, the parent company of Enterprise Rent-a-Car.

“It was on Craigslist, you know,” Whitlow told The Daily Beast. “What gave it away is he didn’t want to count the money or nothing.”

...Then they listed the Suburban on the Nashville Craigslist page, where Whitlow purchased it the following day.

After selling the vehicle to Whitlow at McDonald’s, the pair boarded the next flight to Houston. According to police, they remain at large.

Nashville Airport police delivered the Suburban back to Enterprise shortly after Whitlow discovered it was stolen. With the car back on the Enterprise lot, however, Whitlow has nothing to show for the $30,000 he allegedly paid for the vehicle.

“I doubt it,” Whitlow told The Daily Beast when asked whether he could recover the money. “That’s what I’m pissed off about. The detective told me I probably wouldn’t see the money again, that they probably wouldn’t even see jail time. That’s what I don’t understand. If I’d stolen it, I’d be in jail already.”

2. Mark Mayonnaise

Mark Mayonnaise You look like a tree! VIP

Reputations:
    Good job dumbass

3. Stew Nod

Stew Nod Hello VIP

Reputations:
  4. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Third time is a charm

5. Artie Laugh