"Crash And Burn" to officially be released at the end of October!

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Greekfreak, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    http://imprints.simonandschuster.biz/touchstone/artie-lange

Just in time for the Artie costume--just looking for the fake knives and ketchup.

Seriously, I'm very interested in what the hold-up was, and I think we're mostly all in agreement that the book was white-washed so that all traces of culpability linking to the Stern show are gone. There can't be many other reasons.

2. Gogol Boobdello

Gogol Boobdello Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  3. Gogol Boobdello

Gogol Boobdello Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i do wonder if it is howard, nick, or possibly artie in fight over how much book tour promotion he was forced to do? :dunno:

4. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    I liked the original Crash and Burn cover (at the book signing) better than this one. I see Artie more fucked up looking every night on his show than he does on this cover

5. Mike

Mike 'Merica Gold

Reputations:
    Amazing. Another legal loss for Jew Stern. :cheer:

6. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's a pretty fast turn around. Wasn't it just a couple of weeks ago that he wasn't even sure if it was going to come out? And only a little over a month to do promotion?

7. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think he's said a few times that it had to do with lawyers and the content of the book. Maybe it had nothing to do with Howard and he was trying to tell his side of the Nick story and DTV was giving him a hard time?

8. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    With any book (I'm thinking of Dice's "book" that he kept flogging on Stern as early as 2006, once he returned to the show), the galley proofs have to be vetted and reviewed--the main reasons for a book's delay is a) some kind of catastrophe in the subject's life (i.e. Gunt cancer), which would adversely affect sales, or else b) some libelous material. Artie's no dummy--think about it: a whole chapter or two will have to be devoted to his heroin addiction on the last year he was on the show, and the fact that he was not forced into some kind of rehab.

Was Howard responsible? OF COURSE NOT. Did he care one way or the other? OF COURSE NOT. He wiped his hands of Artie's shit and the guilt gnaws at him nightly--if Howard ever had to face reality for one second, he would scream at the top of his lungs once he realized how shit of a person he really is. Narcissists invent their own truths and realities to suit their own particular brand of crazy.

Either way, it would not make Judas Wiggy look very good for this book to come out and NOT have Artie on the show. So he's kind of fucked either way.

9. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    The only reason I doubt that is because, if you go back and listen to some of the older N&A shows, Artie actually claimed the book was done and just being vetted by lawyers when Nick was still on the show (that's how long the damned thing has been held up).

10. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, you're right. I realized that after I posted.

11. wanker

wanker New Member

Reputations:
    good to hear this..

my brother brought me a copy of too fat for xmas years ago, im repaying him by taking him to see artie live this month

12. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    Good to see you back in the Artie forum man, you posted a lot when I first joined up. I saw Artie in Cleveland back when he had Scott open for him, it's always a good crowd and show. :beer:

13. psyllium husk

psyllium husk New Member

Reputations:
    listening to old clips of N.W.A from almost 2 years ago he was talking about this book. i'm sure i'll be a sucker and get it

14. wanker

wanker New Member

Reputations:
    hey thanks,iv been lurking here quite a bit.

still enjoyin artie and the show:hat:

15. wanker

wanker New Member

Reputations:
    and i cant wait to see him. what is his set like, does he just riff on things?

16. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    Back then it was right around the time he put out his last DVD, so it was probably 50% that stuff and then just riffing. I'm guessing he's probably working on a new set since he hasn't done a special/dvd in awhile, and he likes to mix it up with the crowd, so probably most of it will be new. The show that I saw was full on Jack and Coke Artie though, I'd be interested to see what a sober set from him is like, plus it was already a wild show with the whole Stern entourage there.

17. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm gonna post that call on the Howard forum where I ask Artie if Howard's still blocking his book very soon. I'd like all you guys to weigh in over there when I do. As you guys are the real authorities on the subject.

18. wanker

wanker New Member

Reputations:
    lol having the whole crew there musta been cool

19. BochettisChin

BochettisChin New Member

Reputations:
    For the last time NO BLACKS OR JEWS

20. sternski

sternski New Member Banned User

Reputations:

:cheer:.............thats gonna be some good fucking reading about the behind the scenes years at sirius......and HIS publisher dropped his ass because of the content.wow.

....should be good.:hat: