News "Crypto" in Arizona....Why do people shit in pools?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Contagious 'Crypto' virus that causes vomiting and diarrhea infects more than 100 in Arizona after 'fecal matter is found in 20 swimming pools'

A highly contagious parasite that causes watery diarrhea, vomiting and fever has infected more than 100 people in Maricopa County, Arizona, officials said.
    Maricopa County health officials believe the parasite Cryptosporidium, also known as Crypto, was in at least 20 pools in the community.
    At this time, the outbreak is community-wide and there is an increased risk to those swimming at recreational water facilities, according to the Maricopa County Department of Public Health (MCDPH).
    [​IMG]
    +2
    A highly contagious parasite Cryptosporidium, also known as Crypto (pictured), has infected more than 100 people in Maricopa County, Arizona
    Officials said the individuals infected named more than 20 recreational water facilities throughout the county that are at risk of being contaminated with the parasite.
    While officials did not name those water facilities, they said the MCDPH notified the pools and recommended they decontaminate their water.
    'We understand folks want to know which ones but it really would be a disservice to do that as there is no reliable test for Crypto that pools can even test with to know if they have it,' Courtney Kreuzwiesner with the MCDPH told 12 News.
    [​IMG]
    The outbreak was first reported on August 4 after 19 cases were reported to public health officials in July.
    Crypto is typically spread in swimming pools or other recreational water when an infected person swims or plays in the water, contaminating the water with fecal matter.
    Although chlorine kills most germs in swimming pools, health officials say Crypto can survive in properly chlorinated water for long periods of time.
    [​IMG]
    +2
    Maricopa County health officials believe Crypto was in at least 20 pools in the community (stock photo above)
    Outbreaks have also been associated with petting zoos that include contaminated livestock.
    The most common symptom, watery diarrhea, typically begins a week after infection.
    Other symptoms include dehydration, nausea, stomach cramps and weight loss.
    WHAT IS CRYPTO?
    Cryptosporidium - also known as Crypto - is typically spread in swimming pools or other recreational water when an infected person swims or plays in the water, contaminating the water with fecal matter.
    Although chlorine kills most germs in swimming pools, health officials say Crypto can survive in properly chlorinated water for long periods of time.
    Outbreaks have also been associated with petting zoos that include contaminated livestock.
    The most common symptom is watery diarrhea, which generally begins one week after infection.
    Other symptoms include stomach cramps or pain, dehydration, nausea, vomiting, fever and weight loss.
    Those with healthy immune systems usually recover in one to two weeks without treatment.
    Source: Maricopa County Departments of Public Health
    People with healthy immune systems usually recover in one to two weeks without treatment.
    'Although Crypto can infect all people, individuals with weakened immune systems can have more prolonged symptoms and should contact their healthcare provider for additional guidance,' Dr Rebecca Sunenshine, medical director of MCDPH said.
    'If you have diarrhea lasting longer than 10 days, blood in your stools, or have trouble staying hydrated, see a healthcare provider and let them know you may have been exposed to Cryptosporidium.'
    Dr Sunenshine also noted that the most important thing the public can do to prevent the spread of the disease is to stay out of water if they have diarrhea.
    She said those with diarrhea should stay out of water until at least two weeks after symptoms resolve.
    She also said it is important to avoid swallowing water while swimming, to wash hands with soap and water and to take frequent bathroom breaks out of the pool.
    The MCDPH's investigation of the outbreak is ongoing.

2. Rod-Stroker

Rod-Stroker Streptococcus Gingivitis Halllllllllllllitosis

Reputations:
    Shithead bringing shit threads to life since 2012

Calloused Shins and Shithead like this.
  3. Walygatr

Walygatr Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  4. babybear

babybear r.i.p 8/3/15, Wherewolf of AZ VIP

Reputations:
    i'll say it again.
    the heat out here makes people do crazy things.
    like shitting in pools.

Summer, Cheri and Pill Queen like this.
  5. HowardsPrenup

HowardsPrenup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Does this also apply to bathtubs?

babybear likes this.
  6. goldtopper

goldtopper Well Known Heterosexual Gold

Reputations:
    Swim diapers don't work that's why.

7. ChimneySweep

ChimneySweep Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  8. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    maybe it's spreading from the water off of rio! :nooo:

9. ChimneySweep

ChimneySweep Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  10. Captain

Captain Alto, Blanco y Guapo Gold

Reputations:
    Babies.

They are a health menace.

11. Weed

Weed Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There's a major outbreak here in Ohio, too. The short answer is that public pools are basically giant Petri dishes just waiting to infect anyone silly enough to jump in. The next time you see a pool, count the number of people in the water and then figure a cup or so of piss for every two or three. Now, figure that while all of that pee is being expelled into the water, there are going to be more than a few 'escapee' turds that make their way into the mix, not to mention all of that diaper diaharrria that enters from the shallow end and quickly assimilates itself into the general mix. An infected person can even introduce his own brown sea monkeys into the water with a few carefully placed farts.

When it comes to chlorine, this crypto can't be killed by normal levels. They need to close the pools for a few days and hyper-chlorinate them. That's all fine and dandy, but the whole process is shot to shit (pun intended) when an infected person gets back into the pool without waiting at least two weeks for the symptoms to clear up.

12. The Snork

The Snork Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
  13. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    bingo

DiamondGoddess and goldtopper like this.
  14. Flabo

Flabo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This happened at my kids camp this summer, you should have seen the email explaining it, they used terms like "foreign organic object" and called it a "code brown"

15. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    I was at the beach in Tuscany, and I saw what I thought was a piece of wood floating by. Then I realized it was a log of shit, I just told the kids that it's time get out of the water and go rinse off. I know Italy is known for dumping raw sewage into the ocean, but that one was freshly pinched off and I figured it came from a bunch of teenagers a few hundred yards up the beach.

16. Weed

Weed Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Doctors will tell you that it's better to have floaters than sinkers, so the good news here is that it appears the Italian kids are at least eating a healthy diet***

***disclaimer. I'm not an actual scientist, and should point out that the turd might have been floating due to high salt content in the sea water.

Guacamole and DiamondGoddess like this.
  17. slipkid69

slipkid69 AKA...Dick Delicious VIP

Reputations:
    I got it years ago and it was not fun.

18. walterHwhite

walterHwhite Heisenberg

Reputations:
    @Sea Slob

19. Cookie_Puss

Cookie_Puss Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fuck public pools, never really enjoyed them much anyways. Always packed and filled with annoying people.

x76 likes this.
  20. x76

x76 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's vile. I'd read that groids will drop bombs in City pools just to be asshole and shut them down.